2025 Headliners

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Wouldn't surprise me if Liam is already up their sleeve as a plan B if they can't nail a more interesting rock headliner.

If anyone puts odds up I’m gonna take a punt on Liam. As you say, balances out the other two and a Morning Glory anniversary tour will be a big deal. I’d love it to be Bruce but something tells me it isn’t.

Edited by MEGABOWL

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

YMMV, but if its not Bruce I'd place money on it being Liam Gallagher

(to balance out Fred and Olivia)

Nah, if not Bruce it’ll be Foos I reckon. Rumoured to be back for Pinkpop so can see them at Glasto, IOW or Download. 

5 hours ago, Captaindarling said:

Not sure if this has been posted before. Rumours from the Bruce Springsteen forum. 👀

IMG_1305.jpeg

Serious whiff of BS off this. 

Bruce on Slane 1985: "The crowd closest to the stage were deeply into their Guinness and dangerously swaying from left to right. They were opening up gaping holes amongst themselves, as audience members by the dozens fell to the muddy ground vanishing for unbearable seconds 'til righted once again by their neighbors. 

He says he kept on performing but he was thinking he couldn't continue putting his fans in situations where they "could be grievously injured.”

"I was in a pure rage and simmering panic," he writes.

At intermission, he had what he deemed a "highly charged" debate backstage with his manager Jon Landau about canceling his entire tour.

"I could not face what was happening in front of the stage at Slane on a nightly basis. It was irresponsible and violated the protective instinct for my audience I prided myself on."

https://www.irishcentral.com/culture/entertainment/bruce-springsteen-irish-1985-slane-concert

Apparently hes been asked to play Slane a load of times since.

The other reason is that its an appalling venue in the middle of nowwhere with no seating and a lot of Bruces fanbase are old.

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Maybe they're pitching it again and maybe they'll get knocked back again.

I'm just encouraged that the G still seems to be in the thinking in the Boss fan community. It guarantees nothing of course, but keeps hopes alive.

Christ - Bruce, Liam or Foos?

🤢

15 hours ago, foolee said:

Nah, if not Bruce it’ll be Foos I reckon. Rumoured to be back for Pinkpop so can see them at Glasto, IOW or Download. 

if its Foos itll get the Coldplay treatment if "again?!?" In reactions. You know exactly what youre going to get but it raises the question into what is happening at glasto hq if all they can sort out is Foos when theres a bunch of other artists that are more interesting. Headlines would be them going back to their bread and butter safe choices for headliners and that stifles  any progress theyve made in recent times of not having another 2023 top line. Im sure somebody will dig up Emily's quote of 3 female headliners happening sooner than later.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

if its Foos itll get the Coldplay treatment if "again?!?" In reactions. You know exactly what youre going to get but it raises the question into what is happening at glasto hq if all they can sort out is Foos when theres a bunch of other artists that are more interesting. Headlines would be them going back to their bread and butter safe choices for headliners and that stifles  any progress theyve made in recent times of not having another 2023 top line. Im sure somebody will dig up Emily's quote of 3 female headliners happening sooner than later.

I think if Glasto got Olivia Rodrigo, Fred Again and Foos it wouldn’t exactly be a step backwards. 

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

I think if Glasto got Olivia Rodrigo, Fred Again and Foos it wouldn’t exactly be a step backwards. 

Knock the Foos off that list and get someone decent.

That doesn’t mean Bruce!

Was talking to one of Billy Joel’s crew the other day who said now that he’s not committed to playing MSG every month he’s got more options of playing abroad.

After witnessing the show last night I can confirm he’d make a Tier 1 headliner. But get him soon; his pipes are still in full working order 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Was talking to one of Billy Joel’s crew the other day who said now that he’s not committed to playing MSG every month he’s got more options of playing abroad.

After witnessing the show last night I can confirm he’d make a Tier 1 headliner. But get him soon; his pipes are still in full working order 

Yes yes yes.

I'm not convinced he's "on the radar", but he really should be. There's really not that many people out there that can deliver a solid two hours like that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

Bloody great show wasn't it. He's a GF headliner and beyond. Not even debatable. His Italian Restaurant rendition was one of the best performances of a song I've ever heard live. And that saxophonist and fluglehorn(ist?) were outrageously good!