2025 Headliners

Saw billy joel at hyde park last year and it was probably one of the best gigs ive been to in recent years got better pipes than macartney and reg .

Hed be a good sunday headliner i reckon

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

I swear any act that even so much as looks at a guitar is something you disapprove of.

I think it’s more the fact that you HAVE to have a guitar to headline the Pyramid. Times moved on, dance acts can headline the Pyramid too you know. 

For a festival that promotes diversity let’s have some electronics up there for a change. 

I’m fully behind Fred headlining. 

Eminem 

Fred

Oasis 

I mean that’s something for everyone no 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, ajwig said:

Fri: O Rod

Sat: Fred Again... (w/ Sabrina Carpenter as sub)

Sun: Bruucee 

Legend: Chaka Khan 100%

If Bruce was to play, then it pretty much would have to be on the Friday due to a show in Milan on the Monday.

11 hours ago, Franky said:

I think it’s more the fact that you HAVE to have a guitar to headline the Pyramid. Times moved on, dance acts can headline the Pyramid too you know. 

For a festival that promotes diversity let’s have some electronics up there for a change. 

Eminem 

Fred

Oasis 

Yea

15 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Would be a waste. If she’s booked it needs to be as WH headliner

Nah her tunes need to be on The Pyramid. 

(And I say this as someone who loves WH, probably my fave stage). 

Edited by nikkic
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Bloody great show wasn't it. He's a GF headliner and beyond. Not even debatable. His Italian Restaurant rendition was one of the best performances of a song I've ever heard live. And that saxophonist and fluglehorn(ist?) were outrageously good!

Loved every minute. Also notable was the crowd singing full throttle to Piano Man, and not just the final chorus as per 

12 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

O-rog, the boss and Sam fender is the 3 I think it will be. Something for everyone. 

I love Bruce and Fender but having them both on doesn’t smack of ‘something for everyone’ given that the latter is a Geordie tribute act to the former.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Franky said:

Eminem 

Fred

Oasis 

Errr the Piano Man?   😂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

I love Bruce and Fender but having them both on doesn’t smack of ‘something for everyone’ given that the latter is a Geordie tribute act to the former.

This 😂😂😂

22 hours ago, Franky said:

Eminem 

Fred

Oasis 

It's a bit outdated to think only guitar-based acts headline right? Pretty sure there's a decent slate of pop and rap acts in the last 15 or so years notching up Glastonbury headline slots.

I'm prepared to wait and see what the buzz is like after Fred Again's upcoming Reading headline spot before saying whether I could see him doing this... well unless he's one of those acts who Glastonbury confirms 18-24 months in advance.

4 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

O rod

Fred

Fender

I feel like this is not impossible, but......

How much are the festival prepared to weather the social media tantrums of those who stopped listening to music in 2006? 

That being said they would probably be just fine if these people stopped attending.

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

It's a bit outdated to think only guitar-based acts headline right? Pretty sure there's a decent slate of pop and rap acts in the last 15 or so years notching up Glastonbury headline slots.

Yeah, exactly. Since the Turning Point (Jay-Z headlining in 2008) there's only been 3 years of all out guitar years. And even then, in those years you had some of the best in the business headlining (Bruce, Neil Young, Stones, Metallica). Not that all guitar music is even the same; can't really compare Bruce to Metallica to the Stones.

2008 - KoL/Jay-Z/Verve

2009 - Neil Young/Bruce/Blur

2010 - Gorillaz/Muse/Stevie Wonder

2011 - Beyonce/U2/Coldplay

2013 - Arctics/Stones/Mumford

2014 - Arcade Fire/Metallica/Kasabian

2015 - Florence/Kanye/Who

2016 - Muse/Adele/Coldplay

2017 - Radiohead/Foos/Sheeran

2019 - Stormzy/Killers/Cure

2022 - Billie/Macca/Kendrick

2023 - Arctics/GnR/Elton

2024 - Dua/Coldplay/SZA

I made a pie chart for the different genres, which is near on impossible to nail down since several artists crossover between styles. That's 39 acts who have headlined since the Turning Point, 13 of which aren't connect in anyway to rock or indie guitar bands, so exactly one third. And like I said above, not all rock and indie is comparable anyway, and the headliners include some absolute titans of the music scene, not to mention a lot of the rock/indie acts packed out the field regardless (Macca, Arctics, Coldplay, Bruce, Blue, etc...).

image.thumb.png.207741b4350cbb67533a93dcf892ffdb.png

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 2

On 8/10/2024 at 10:45 PM, Franky said:

Eminem 

Fred

Oasis 

If everyone is white blokes then yeah definitely mate

On 8/10/2024 at 10:45 PM, Franky said:

Eminem 

Fred

Oasis 

Mental that you use the word diversity then offer up the blandest set of white men in the business.