2025 Headliners

7 hours ago, gfa said:

If everyone is white blokes then yeah definitely mate

Glasto already books all sorts of diverse acts across the lineup, no need for that to be reflected in the headliners as well. 

Also, Billy Joel has all sorts of crappy songs outside his main bangers, lots of casuals are gonna be bored. Look at how his Bonnaroo headlining set was received (not well).

I think the whole conversation about should Glastonbury continue to try and book the older legacy acts is the wrong way round.   (theory may also apply to non legacy acts)

There is no way they have not tried to book most of the big name acts that have not played and that talks have not progressed in any productive measure.

Someone was talking to me the other day about the Eagles and why have they never played - I pretty much guarantee that The Eagles have been spoken to on a few occasions - I Guarantee they ask for absolutely insane ££££ and so the festival can not pick them.

I doubt its the festival not wanting to get these acts - i'd bet its more the acts and there call it what it is - Greed -  effectively ruling themselves out  

Its a shame because most of these acts have more money than they know what to do with. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, gfa said:

If everyone is white blokes then yeah definitely mate

Yeah because the only people who listen to those artists are white men.

Edited by VCK2

47 minutes ago, Spindles said:

The Mirror are running a story that Rihanna is on to headline, if you count that as any kind of credible source.

First tabloid rumour

And we’re off and running

somerset live will now pick this up as an exclusive 😉😊

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

It’s not just who they ask, it’s who’s available and will do it for the ££. When you keep that in mind, they do an incredible job of covering different genres and gender, races, band music and pop music, current acts, rising stars and legacy acts (or old duffers as some call ‘em) 

my post was supposed to quote

@Ben7amin_

Edited by stuie

5 hours ago, VCK2 said:

Musically, that's a more diverse set of headliners than some of the "diverse" trios of headliners that get suggested.

Thank you. 

Some common sense amongst the madness 🙏

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

First tabloid rumour

And we’re off and running

somerset live will now pick this up as an exclusive 😉😊

I will give them a *slight* pass on this one, given that The Mirror actually own Somerset Live and the other similar clickbait sites trading on the name of once respected local papers. So in a fashion they're aggregating (or recycling) their own content.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

In 2023 we had credible reports that she was due to perform on the spider.

I can't see how that could possibly be considered a credible report!?

She's a Pyramid headliner or she's nothing.  And she was pregnant. 

Just now, clarkete said:

I get the subtle hint you'd like to see Bruce 

I mean I've got my subjective opinion, but objectively he's also one of the best available options if you take the view that there's benefit in having a balanced headline line up that accommodates both heritage acts and up and comers 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'll believe it when I see it, but Fred, Rihanna and Bruuuuuuce is dictionary definition Something For Everyone.

Defo a strong three. I'd probably see 1 of 3 max, but it's a great top line.

2 hours ago, chickenfire said:

Billy Joel has more than enough hits to headline Glastonbury. It's just whether he would take the smaller fee really. 

This set (with slightly less Tom Jones references) would be great on the Pyramid: 
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/billy-joel/2024/principality-stadium-cardiff-wales-3ab9117.html

Take out the covers and there's 21 of his own songs there.  I know 16 of them.  Given I wouldn't consider myself a fan, I think that's a pretty good measure of how big his tunes are.

3 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Rhianna, Bruce, and Fred. Can't say fairer than that. 

Two world superstars and an up-and-coming British talent!

Top trio, I'd be at 2 for sure, maybe all 3.