What is common consensus?

If we did it on sales we would have had-

1996- Robson & Jerome

2006- James Blunt

2010- Susan Boyle

2015- One Direction 

Do you really want that?

Those would require an industrial amount of drugs to watch

I mean plenty of press reported it and if you scroll back on this forum I think you will see it was discussed to death  at the time. 

Emily's "female act, had to change touring plans" seems less than subtle. I'm.prepared to consider it a fact but make your own minds up.

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Have never really gotten into Bruce, but seeing as I’m a big fan of his love child Sam Fender, common sense would suggest I’d actually really like him. 

Not sure I’ve got a 3 hour set in me though. Probably not an act in the world I could sit through for 3 hours. 

(Except Daft Punk). 

I'm also quite unable to sit through a set longer than 90-120 minutes. Think Elton was the longest one I've ever done and not been getting itchy feet. If Bruce squeezed the ten songs I know and like (to varying degrees), into a 2-hour slot, I'd just about manage it.

Checking his setlist from 2009 though, he only played 6 of those 10 songs anyway and most of them were right at the end, so perhaps I'd just turn up at the halfway point and soak in the last hour.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

2 hours ago, nikkic said:

Not sure I’ve got a 3 hour set in me though. Probably not an act in the world I could sit through for 3 hours. 

(Except Daft Punk). 

I managed 5 hours of Jah Shaka a few years back 

13 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm also quite unable to sit through a set longer than 90-120 minutes. Think Elton was the longest one I've ever done and not been getting itchy feet. If Bruce squeezed the ten songs I know and like (to varying degrees), into a 2-hour slot, I'd just about manage it.

Checking his setlist from 2009 though, he only played 6 of those 10 songs anyway and most of them were right at the end, so perhaps I'd just turn up at the halfway point and soak in the last hour.

I'm no huge Bruce fan either but tried to watch the 2009 set.  Got seriously bored after about 30-35 minutes and left for the SE Corner.  Had plenty of company too.

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

Is there any actual info for 2025 yet?

Or solid rumours

only been keeping up to date since page 65 ish

Whispers of Fred Again.

A tabloid report of Rihanna that may or may not have merit.

That's about it in terms of stuff we can point to. Everything else is expectations, assumptions, or guesswork.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Also Boss rumours on Greasy Lake - but again very specious and nothing to bank on.

And importantly, directly contradicted by other rumours.

Also worth saying that people there are claiming the Euro 2025 tour gets announced tomorrow afternoon, which if correct would more solidly rule him in or all the way out.

Edited by incident

18 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I mean plenty of press reported it and if you scroll back on this forum I think you will see it was discussed to death  at the time. 

Emily's "female act, had to change touring plans" seems less than subtle. I'm.prepared to consider it a fact but make your own minds up.

I think it was a bit up in the air whether it was Rihanna or Taylor Swift she was talking about wasn't it?

2 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I think it was a bit up in the air whether it was Rihanna or Taylor Swift she was talking about wasn't it?

Initially yes, but I think there's since been more solid suggestions it was Rihanna.

7 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m now in a quandary… am I to add Rihanna and Springsteen to our rumours listing? Decisions, decisions. 

Rihanna for sure.

Springsteen I'd wait (just over) 24 hours, as there's a decent chance he's fully ruled if the announcement comes, and if it has the expected Gothenburg date conflicting with Glastonbury.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Still think 3 nights in Gothenburg is a stretch. Don't think any stops in Europe have had 3 nights recently - plus he did two nights in Stockholm this summer.

Madrid was 3 nights this year.

56 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Still think 3 nights in Gothenburg is a stretch. Don't think any stops in Europe have had 3 nights recently - plus he did two nights in Stockholm this summer.

Yeah, 3 nights seems a stretch especially with demand for this years tour seemingly being softer than previous years.

Hopefully the suggestion that the dates are coming tomorrow is correct, and everything looks a lot clearer.

My gut says no, just because the Friday is the only viable day for him and that placement just doesn't feel right to me. But then I would have said the same thing regarding U2 playing the Friday so could of course be miles off.

10 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'm no huge Bruce fan either but tried to watch the 2009 set.  Got seriously bored after about 30-35 minutes and left for the SE Corner.  Had plenty of company too.

I seem to remember watching Franz Ferdinand's Other Stage set on TV instead and that looked to have a pretty healthy crowd at the time. Not that I'm exactly able to compare to what other OS headliners at the time would've looked like.

51 minutes ago, ajwig said:

Gaga and Bruno Mars are coming out with a new collab , it’s been a while since she was on the farm right? And Bruno hasn’t come ?? Yettt

Once only I believe… 2009.

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Correct.  And Fun Size Mars is all about the money, so no chance.

How many nights earning $1M a pop does she need to do before she does the farm for cheap? 

1 hour ago, stuie said:

How many nights earning $1M a pop does she need to do before she does the farm for cheap? 

Cash chasing comment aimed at Bruno "Fun Sized" Mars, not Gaga.