2025 Headliners

11 hours ago, incident said:

100%. Any reunion would, on the first go around at least, be about picking up the big paydays. Glastonbury would be a long shot at best. Just like this rumour being true (when all the others haven't been) is a long shot.

2025 and 2026 would be rake in the cash. 2027 if they did GF.

7 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Dua Lipa's headlineset had enough lights, visuals, and lasers to keep the vibes good at the back of the hill. No big crazy screens required.

Fred has a lot of slow songs if he is given a full set time. Reading was 75 mins so he cut out the more chill aspects. If he has that extra half an hour that he normally has  you will have low energy sections.  Just saying from production standpoint it makes a difference if youre standing in the back and you can see everything. Loads of people can attest to not feeling like part of the show if youre in the back of that field cause there can be a disconnect for one reason or another. The set yesterday very much raised his odds because fred is learning how to deal with these large crowds now. Im sure the stadium show in june gave him lots of insight as to what works and what doesnt when you got 70,000 people watching you. 

I usually think Oasis reunion rumours are bollocks, but the fact the official Oasis YouTube channel has uploaded a new interview with Noel where he's singing Liam's praises throughout makes me think something is definitely afoot. Just seems odd that they are sharing this content now, paying for Noel to go up to Manchester to get filmed and interviewed in a record shop, if there's nothing at all to promote?

44 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

I usually think Oasis reunion rumours are bollocks, but the fact the official Oasis YouTube channel has uploaded a new interview with Noel where he's singing Liam's praises throughout makes me think something is definitely afoot. Just seems odd that they are sharing this content now, paying for Noel to go up to Manchester to get filmed and interviewed in a record shop, if there's nothing at all to promote?

There's been so many rumours about them reuniting for a while that they've almost felt pase. But this run of saying they'd booked Heaton Park in particular has been very strong for a couple of weeks now, particularly if it's now having mainstream crossover.

Maybe they've seen the numbers Pulp and Blur were pulled for their reunion shows last year and that Liam himself was selling a lot of tickets to his Definitely Maybe nostalgia tour and helped them think there could be something in it.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If this is happening - and it's a big if - I'd take a punt on them headlining the G alongside the Wembley and Manchester shows.  They'd do the latter for the money and the G for the kudos.

Also for the momentum. I think they’d want to headline Glasto and to do so two years after they reformed for WTSMG 30, would seem a little anti-climatic to say the least. 

Playing the fest would give them maximum exposure so that even if they take a pay cut to play it, it would shore up any other event wavering on whether to spend to book them (depending on whether they’d be any good). 

Edited by kalifire

Setting aside Noel recently whinging about Glastonbury, we sure there's not memories of when in 2004 they did a Pyramid headline show in one of their first shows for a while as "We're back on tour, get on board" show and by consensus they had a stinker?

3 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Setting aside Noel recently whinging about Glastonbury, we sure there's not memories of when in 2004 they did a Pyramid headline show in one of their first shows for a while as "We're back on tour, get on board" show and by consensus they had a stinker?

Wouldn't see either quibble getting in the way of them headlining again.

Sun seem to be writing up the reunion as confirmed, but guess that is the Sun...https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/30077114/oasis-reunion-confirmed-historic-comeback-concert/

For me, would be a top notch booking if Glasto landed it. 

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Beware of quote mining. 

Same interview "probably the best f**king thing about Britain apart from the Premier League”

It’s about time we had some real half truths, speculation and convoluted hints about next years headliners, especially about Oasis. Been a bit boring since the last glastonbury shut the big green gates😊😉

On 8/21/2024 at 11:35 PM, Suprefan said:

cant kill off a festival if its sold out before you book even one artist. Only way to see if the festival would struggle is if you announced a line up and then ticket sales afterwards. No blind sale at all. And have an open resale market for tickets too. The festival is going to keep moving into the direction of the dua's and sza's anyway because theyll have to. If they kept on going with just the old hat at the top of the line up youll have made sure the future wasnt going to go as well. Why should younger attendees go if all theyre gonna get is  the Billy Joels,  Guns N Roses and Foos every year. That gets boring. And sure, they could try an orchestra type thing on the Pyramid if they wanted to. They could try anything, but they wont. Somebody like them can only take a "risk" every few years when they know they have a Coldplay in their pocket.  If next year was Rihanna, Fred and Olivia youre gonna see the general public be pissed off til kingdom come. The "what happened to glastonbury" op ed's will be raining down  even more than what happened with Sza. Youre never going to make the core audience of the fest "happy" anyway. Only thing that will keep the complainers  at bay is Oasis right now. Emily shouldnt have to sit there and defend what was done anyway. Also, this year was a down year FOR EVERYONE. Nobody was immune from talent issues or oversaturation or costs and the like. Be grateful your favorite events still exist. Everyone only cares about the optics anyway. 

Wow - you’ve extrapolated my point there and gone in a totally bizarre direction. As to be expected.

if they book an orchestra to headline, it wouldn’t sell out the next year. Simple as that.

As much as I find Oasis to be a bit of a tiresome dirge these days at least it gives us something to talk about.  Hell, I'd probably even go watch them myself, just because I never saw them live during their heyday.