2025 Headliners

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

Pulp never really broke America but are playing there next month.

In their last tour in 2008, Oasis were playing large theatres or small arenas in America, which I think was about the level they got to.

Dec, 2008... 

night before was Neil Young/Wilco in the same venue, which Noel attended too

IMG_7146.jpg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sounds like its long runs of dates at Hearon Park and Wembley, no?

Yeah. Aw do you mean like less venues so less time travelling together?

I guess it depends what actually materialises and how many years they stick around. It's not inconceivable they have made up, Noel divorced and their Mum must be old and it was a 15 year feud over not much as far as i can tell

8 minutes ago, tevaburger said:

Dec, 2008... 

night before was Neil Young/Wilco in the same venue, which Noel attended too

IMG_7146.jpg

Presumably $60-65 or whatever this ticket price ended up being with fees is going to be a lot cheaper than anything this run of shows will be going for.

29 minutes ago, CharlotteB said:

If they hate each other that much I don't know why they'd even do it. They must be well off already 💰 

Must've seen Pulp and Blur doing well on their reunion shows last year and the numbers for Liam's own unashamedly Oasis nostalgia shows this year and gone "f**k it let's show them"

43 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

NME reporting that there's no other original members and it's actually NGHFB and Liam 

That's interesting - though Gem and Chris are ex-Oasis. Chuck Bonehead in the mix and you're only missing a bassist 

The festival will absolutely make an offer to Oasis to headline but I think it’s very unlikely they would accept for 2025. There’s a lot of unknowns and risks associated with the upcoming tour and if there are only London and Manchester dates then it’s clear they’re trying to keep things simple until the ball is properly rolling with it all. 

I think both Gallagher brothers - especially Noel - understand the magnitude of Glastonbury and have admitted it never really worked out for Oasis on the pyramid stage. 

Think if we see them on the pyramid then it’ll be 2027 or later. But I have no insider information, just my opinion 

5 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I didn't think Oasis every really cracked the US? Not sure they'd play warm up gigs there

Youre funny to think Coachella doesnt want them and have the means to pay them what they want. They can still do a show in their hometown before flying over just to not upset anyone. The organizers love them some brit pop acts.  Why did they go and book Blur this year then. And theyre not gonna do a full tour here to start. Just do the fest, go do the uk and then maybe they contemplate what follows on other continents.

5 hours ago, charlierc said:

Pulp never really broke America but are playing there next month.

In their last tour in 2008, Oasis were playing large theatres or small arenas in America, which I think was about the level they got to.

They were "bigger" on the tour prior to that. But it was amphitheatres and arenas with the occasional radio festival.  Theres enough interest because you still get people to travel from Latin America or if the dates are limited you just ensure people gotta go to a big city. 

and yeah the Pulp tour is coming through and thats sold really well cause its very limited. Should be exciting to see them at a cemetery with under 3000 people.

2 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

They were "bigger" on the tour prior to that. But it was amphitheatres and arenas with the occasional radio festival.  Theres enough interest because you still get people to travel from Latin America or if the dates are limited you just ensure people gotta go to a big city. 

and yeah the Pulp tour is coming through and thats sold really well cause its very limited. Should be exciting to see them at a cemetery with under 3000 people.

I wasn't aware that was a concert venue in a cemetery over in LA until Arctic Monkeys played there in 2018. Apparently locals in LA say they also do movie screenings over there. The concept's pretty wild and something I'm sure wouldn't fly anywhere else. Though also a big dose of LA for Pulp given they're also playing two shows at Hollywood Palladium.

4 hours ago, The Nal said:

Who gives a toss about cracking a music mad country of 300 million people where you can charge 3 or 4 times the price of a ticket in Europe? 

I get it from a business perspective but why do any of you lot care is what I meant? Their songs don't really speak to an American audience just like Arctic Monkeys lyrics don't. They are a British institution. 

Genuinely don't care what's popular over there. They listen to some of the worst music ever created. 

21 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Youre funny to think Coachella doesnt want them and have the means to pay them what they want. They can still do a show in their hometown before flying over just to not upset anyone. The organizers love them some brit pop acts.  Why did they go and book Blur this year then. And theyre not gonna do a full tour here to start. Just do the fest, go do the uk and then maybe they contemplate what follows on other continents.

Sorry, what do you mean? Coachella want them for next year?

50 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

I get it from a business perspective but why do any of you lot care is what I meant? Their songs don't really speak to an American audience just like Arctic Monkeys lyrics don't. They are a British institution. 

Genuinely don't care what's popular over there. They listen to some of the worst music ever created. 

So do we

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

And some of the best 

It’s almost as if there’s 345 million of them

53 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Arctic Monkeys played 3 nights at the LA Forum on their last tour and a whole load of other big arenas/festivals on the last few albums. The locals might not get the slang but clearly they get enough to go along.

1 hour ago, 09matthewsw said:

The festival will absolutely make an offer to Oasis to headline but I think it’s very unlikely they would accept for 2025. There’s a lot of unknowns and risks associated with the upcoming tour and if there are only London and Manchester dates then it’s clear they’re trying to keep things simple until the ball is properly rolling with it all. 

I think both Gallagher brothers - especially Noel - understand the magnitude of Glastonbury and have admitted it never really worked out for Oasis on the pyramid stage. 

Think if we see them on the pyramid then it’ll be 2027 or later. But I have no insider information, just my opinion 

If it's only gonna be a short lived reunion, my money is on them doing glastonbury. They love the place and will want to make amends for 2014 and smash it.

1 hour ago, Benjsh said:

The Sugababes caused half of the site to close down at Glasto this year.

There was a rumour than Gina G was playing on the Greepeacce stage and it caused a massive crush that took an hour to calm down.