2025 Headliners

4 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Seems quite unequivocal that they won't be at Glastonbury.  Some serious straw clutching going on here gang!

Much like (just over) a year ago, when there were quite a few people who managed to convince themselves that Taylor Swift was going to park her record setting world tour for a night, and jet over to Pilton to do something completely different. Absolutely couldn't be dissuaded no matter what, despite all evidence, right up until the added dates meant it became literally impossible for her to do it.

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

They are not Playing Glastonbury.................. if they did a festival, which they won't, it would be IOW who pay loads.

There is no purpose to them at all to do GF which is why it has been ruled out.

Not sure IOW have paid loads for someone for about a decade - its pretty budget nowadays

40 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Between 8 and 9 this morning they reported it live at 8 and then did an interview with someone who recently interviewed Noel. Then they go away for a few other stories and Segway it in as a live update on the Oasis story. 

Cheers!

And here it is...

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Innit.  If the band genuinely told the BBC it's not happening I'd take it at fave value.

i don’t think they will play but not seen anything from the BBC that the band has told them anything.

All I can find is this:

A Glastonbury slot? Definitely, maybe... for nowpublished at 11:18 British Summer Time

11:18 BST

Alex Taylor
Culture reporter

Ahead of today's reunion announcement, rumours swirled that Oasis could headline Glastonbury's Pyramid Stage for a third time as part of their return next summer, having previously done so in 1995 and 2004.

So what's the story? 

Well, while the band have so far only officially confirmed the stadium dates as their sole "European shows", they haven't explicitly ruled out a festival appearance.

Were they to rock up at Worthy Farm, it would fall in late June, before they set off on the opening UK leg of their world tour in July.

4 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

IOW paid £1m for Green day this year. 

Realistically, unless they're prepared to take a heavy discount Oasis would cost several multiples of that. This year at least.

14 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

IOW paid £1m for Green day this year. 

This isn't very much in the grand scheme - Reading pay multiple times that for their bigger headliners

Each wembley show will easily be making them far more than that £10 x 90,000 tickets is basically it already, profit likely far more than tenner on each though

Only R&L and Glasto could possibly get them I think

Ok. I wanted to wait on Oasis before I posted this, as I thought that may change the landscape - but it appears they aren't doing it.

Fresh off my Oasis reunion success, I'm chancing my arm with information I had from the same... circle, shall we say. I had this just over three weeks ago:

They've offered Eminem.

Whether he'll do it or not is another question, but I was told the offer is in.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Ok. I wanted to wait on Oasis before I posted this, as I thought that may change the landscape - but it appears they aren't doing it.

Fresh off my Oasis reunion success, I'm chancing my arm with information I had from the same... circle, shall we say. I had this just over three weeks ago:

They've offered Eminem.

Whether he'll do it or not is another question, but I was told the offer is in.

oh god not this again

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Wildglastotheo said:

I thought Bruce was ruled out based on tour dates being too close?

Effectively ruled out of the Sunday, and extremely unlikely for the Saturday.

The Friday could just about work logistically, but even that seems a bit of a stretch (and may get fully ruled out when the rest of the tour dates are announced).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, incident said:

Effectively ruled out of the Sunday, and extremely unlikely for the Saturday.

The Friday could just about work logistically, but even that seems a bit of a stretch (and may get fully ruled out when the rest of the tour dates are announced).

Thanks yeah this makes sense - I thought we might have some new info…

I have to join the straw-clutchers - I would definitely not rule Oasis out the picture yet, regardless of what the promoter wrote in their press release. At least until Emily says it, which she may well do over the next week or two. The two Gallaghers, massive fans of the festival, kicking off a stadium tour the week after (...in Cardiff?). I don't believe it would be signed and sealed yet regardless, as I suspect there is a lot up-in-the-air logistically about the reunion (warm-up shows, new music, Liam & Noel getting on, additional dates, ticket sales), but I can't see why it would be completely off the table, unless GF have 3x strong headliners secured, or the band have TBA warm-up shows elsewhere that weekend.

If you choose to believe the above that one of the headliner positions has been offered to Eminem, this would mean that at least one of the headliner slots is still open.

Edited by sildante
  • Upvote 2

Eminem in 2024/25 is the most tragic booking this festival could have done, genuinely trash.

Shite music for 13 year old edgelords, is also very crap live.

New album’s lyrics are atrocious, the whole it’s my persona saying this just doesn’t fly anymore. 

• Upvote 4