2025 Headliners

4 hours ago, sisco said:

2025 - U.K. and US Tour

2026 - Festivals that’ll throw the most money at them, Coachella, Rock Werchter, Reading & Leeds etc…

2027 - Knebworth & Glastonbury

Guesswork of course 

Seems like a good formula. Maximize it all as much as possible. Like its going to be a miracle either way if they crash and burn after a few shows or if they make it to the end. Maybe they both had one of the most difficult parts of this conversation which is about Legacy.  What do they both want people to remember them for? Cause all the talk is that theyre gonna punch each other out after 5 minutes and not about the music they made. They can change the conversation by making this work and being civil while making a bundle of cash. Its easy to guess that this is all gonna get filmed and that theyll have no problem being unfiltered either. Its going to be fascinating for the new generation of fans having 2 people who can easily not hold back against each other and then go and play the gig of a lifetime 10 minutes later.

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Seems like a good formula. Maximize it all as much as possible. Like its going to be a miracle either way if they crash and burn after a few shows or if they make it to the end. Maybe they both had one of the most difficult parts of this conversation which is about Legacy.  What do they both want people to remember them for? Cause all the talk is that theyre gonna punch each other out after 5 minutes and not about the music they made. They can change the conversation by making this work and being civil while making a bundle of cash. Its easy to guess that this is all gonna get filmed and that theyll have no problem being unfiltered either. Its going to be fascinating for the new generation of fans having 2 people who can easily not hold back against each other and then go and play the gig of a lifetime 10 minutes later.

It's amazing what people are willing to do for a fat stack of cash, lol.

8 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I’ve always thought she’d eventually return to this idea. Has she ever made any mention of it since this interview/ever been asked again?

I don't think it was ever mentioned again after the festival reached a fresh deal with neighbouring land owners. Make of that what you will...

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

I had never heard of this before - can you/someone give a quick TLDR?

Glasto’s neighbours who hire land to the festival were getting greedy. The Eavis’ pretended they were gonna move the festival (to Longleat) if they didn’t cave in and drop their prices. Negotiations were successful and Glasto didn’t move. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

IIRC they were talking of a new, second festival on a site some distance away with a different vibe.  In actuality,  some of the landowners who lease to the festival had contracts up for renewal in the 2018 fallow year and were trying to massively up the price.  I think this was part of a plan to put price pressure on them and once contracts were agreed, we never heard of it again.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, gfa said:

In addition to the stuff people have already said, it was rumoured talks were actually held with Longleat but they baulked after seeing what 2016 did to the land. Then there was talk of it being somewhere in the Midlands.

Mock ups of how it would look were leaked.

20240829_111906.jpg.f3472f020381450443a235d5a6ba76bf.jpg

At some point it was confirmed there were no plans to hold the festival elsewhere.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Thanks 1

While its definitely too early in 25, I wonder if Glastonbury would consider the reformed Linkin Park as a headliner. 

They will almost certainly do a Download first but if the reunion proves popular it might be another act that could enter the shrinking headliner pool.

21 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

While its definitely too early in 25, I wonder if Glastonbury would consider the reformed Linkin Park as a headliner. 

They will almost certainly do a Download first but if the reunion proves popular it might be another act that could enter the shrinking headliner pool.

Absolutely no chance. Not the type of genre that Glastonbury book. Never mind headlining the whole thing.

Edited by scatteredscreens

2 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Absolutely no chance. Not the type of genre that Glastonbury book. Never mind headlining the whole thing.

I mean they booked Metallica and it seemingly went well, and everyone had made that exact statement leading up to it,  I guarantee people said the same sh*t about Jay-Z at the time as well,  I read an article that said people were shocked when the Prodigy got a headline slot because its off-brand -  so im not down with the -   Glastonbury don't do this vibes - as they have historically kicked them down many times. 

Would you not say the Nova Twins are the same genre at linkin park and they have played twice i believe, Bring Me The Horizon have also played - -  So im not sure Not picking that genre is an issue for Glastonbury at all to be honest no genre is completly excluded from Glastonbury though some are less prevalent 

Edited by Ben7amin_

2 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Linkin Park without Chester Bennington is surely comparable to Nirvana without Kurt Cobain..I can't picture how it would work.

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Linkin Park without Chester Bennington is surely comparable to Nirvana without Kurt Cobain..I can't picture how it would work.

Its happening - no idea how well it will successful it will be or who will sing -  I guess in England its been massively overshadowed by Oasis  

Queen seem still pretty popular these days and Kasabian are.....  well still around  

Edited by Ben7amin_

17 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I mean they booked Metallica and it seemingly went well, and everyone had made that exact statement leading up to it,  I guarantee people said the same sh*t about Jay-Z at the time as well,  I read an article that said people were shocked when the Prodigy got a headline slot because its off-brand -  so im not down with the -   Glastonbury don't do this vibes - as they have historically kicked them down many times. 

Would you not say the Nova Twins are the same genre at linkin park and they have played twice i believe, Bring Me The Horizon have also played - -  So im not sure Not picking that genre is an issue for Glastonbury at all to be honest no genre is completly excluded from Glastonbury though some are less prevalent 

I like Linkin Park but it's just not going to happen for a number of different reasons. Could perhaps see them at Download.

3 minutes ago, JRhys29 said:

I like Linkin Park but it's just not going to happen for a number of different reasons. Could perhaps see them at Download.

Id literally be amazed if there reunion did not include download -  they have been searching for an elusive 9th act to add to the headliner rotation lol 

5 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Id literally be amazed if there reunion did not include download -  they have been searching for an elusive 9th act to add to the headliner rotation lol 

I think Download will have them headlining the Friday as a European exclusive. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Metallica are one of the biggest metal acts on the planet and have a legacy attached to them, it made sense.

Linkin Park are not held in such a way.

Two acts being booked across many years of Glastonbury (neither in headline slots) tells me that it is a less prevalent choice yes. 

Also as other people have said a reunited LP with a different frontman is even less of a reason they'd be booked. Not happening.