2025 Headliners

4 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Its happening - no idea how well it will successful it will be or who will sing -  I guess in England its been massively overshadowed by Oasis  

Queen seem still pretty popular these days and Kasabian are.....  well still around  

Linkin Park is like Sublime doing shows with Bradley Noel's son. 

LP is signed onto do the Danny Wimmer festivals so easily theyll do Download. Smart to play it safe and not attempt an arena tour with a nee singer. People will take a chance on a festival ticket cause they got loads of options.

Lolla south america announces on tuesday. Theyve posted a teaser and it has Olivia Rodrigo, Justin Timberlake, Shawn Mendes, Alanis and Rufus Du Sol as their top names.

6 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I mean they booked Metallica and it seemingly went well, and everyone had made that exact statement leading up to it,  I guarantee people said the same sh*t about Jay-Z at the time as well,  I read an article that said people were shocked when the Prodigy got a headline slot because its off-brand -  so im not down with the -   Glastonbury don't do this vibes - as they have historically kicked them down many times. 

Would you not say the Nova Twins are the same genre at linkin park and they have played twice i believe, Bring Me The Horizon have also played - -  So im not sure Not picking that genre is an issue for Glastonbury at all to be honest no genre is completly excluded from Glastonbury though some are less prevalent 

Damn, Metallica were great. Nova Twins also, would love to see them back in a more prominent slot. 

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Damn, Metallica were great. Nova Twins also, would love to see them back in a more prominent slot. 

Really hope Nova Twins can push on though they have been dining out on that last album for a few years now. 

As quality as it was its time for them to do something new and I think it all depends how good that next release is as to where they fall on the line up. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Really hope Nova Twins can push on though they have been dining out on that last album for a few years now. 

As quality as it was its time for them to do something new and I think it all depends how good that next release is as to where they fall on the line up. 

Same with Wet Leg tbf. They were headlining festivals this year but still essentially touring their first album. I know it's not quite the same situation as Nova Twins, but both these two are gonna need something new soon enough.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Same with Wet Leg tbf. They were headlining festivals this year but still essentially touring their first album. I know it's not quite the same situation as Nova Twins, but both these two are gonna need something new soon enough.

It seems ages since Wet Leg's first album. It's only actually a couple of years (after googling) but it seems longer for some reason.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, CharlotteB said:

It seems ages since Wet Leg's first album. It's only actually a couple of years (after googling) but it seems longer for some reason.

Even though the album itself only came out in 2022, they were playing pretty much all of the tracks that became the album at gigs as soon as live music returned in 2021, and that's approximately when the buzz / media attention started as well. So the album arguably was "late" compared to a typical promotional cycle.

1 hour ago, CharlotteB said:

They were part of the previous summer’s soundtrack when our overlords let us out to play again after Covid part 1. Think that’s why it feels longer. 

1 hour ago, incident said:

Even though the album itself only came out in 2022, they were playing pretty much all of the tracks that became the album at gigs as soon as live music returned in 2021, and that's approximately when the buzz / media attention started as well. So the album arguably was "late" compared to a typical promotional cycle.

That makes sense 👍🏻

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

With the bad publicity Oasis are getting from the ticket sale could they play Glastonbury as a way of making amends to the Great British public?

I doubt very much that they give a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

and I really hope they confirm they are NOT playing glasto 

33 minutes ago, jonnytee1 said:

I doubt very much that they give a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite

and I really hope they confirm they are NOT playing glasto 

I will be fuming if they do play after paying 250 quid for 2 tickets at Wembley.. Eminem with Dre and Snopp dogg instead for glasto please

12 minutes ago, charlierc said:

So many people seem to be willing it into existence as the one that's got away for 2025. No matter how much the signs are that it won't happen.

To be fair, CalGo is taking the piss with it.

There are others who really are that dumb though.

1 hour ago, pigital said:

can we just let everyone think that until after ticket day has passed please? After that we can agree it was a bluff.

Yes, everything goes quiet now, our ticket day passes then next April 1st we get a message ‘remember we said we weren’t headlining Glasto?’ Well we were fibbing!😊😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incident said:

To be fair, CalGo is taking the piss with it.

There are others who really are that dumb though.

#manifesting

Tbf I like the idea of them doing an on-the-day secret set on the Other Stage or something. But yeah, much as a lot of people want them to do it, it ain't happening.

I'm less sure who will, mind. Feels like there's a good 5/6 in contention.