2025 Headliners

On 8/26/2024 at 3:13 AM, Prince Mylo said:

All the amazing, ground breaking dance acts that have played at glasto in the last 3 decades...... The Chems, Fatboy, Justice, Underworld, Goldie, Bicep, Leftfield, Orbital, Daft Punk..... a Sasha / Digweed DJ Set.....and everyone is hoping for populist, unoriginal Fred ' flash in the pan poundland Calvin Harris' again to headline. Dance Music for people who know nothing about dance music !

Just shows the slim pickings available to festival bookers these days.... its like getting the Vengaboys or Ultrabeat to headline glasto '97

Gatekeeping must be such fun. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 8/26/2024 at 8:20 AM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

We could just celebrate that finally a dance act has a good chance of headlining the Pyramid?

Exactly this its amazing news and leads the way for others!

On 8/30/2024 at 10:14 AM, Ben7amin_ said:

While its definitely too early in 25, I wonder if Glastonbury would consider the reformed Linkin Park as a headliner. 

They will almost certainly do a Download first but if the reunion proves popular it might be another act that could enter the shrinking headliner pool.

Is this referring to glastonbury - confused if so

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, charlierc said:

I thought Download was the one people felt might be at risk of a shrinking headliner pool. Glastonbury isn't at that much risk of a drought yet, right?

ah i see what you mean - they definitely could enter the pool if they stick around

On 8/30/2024 at 11:14 AM, Ben7amin_ said:

While its definitely too early in 25, I wonder if Glastonbury would consider the reformed Linkin Park as a headliner. 

They will almost certainly do a Download first but if the reunion proves popular it might be another act that could enter the shrinking headliner pool.

Everyone keeps talking about a LP reunion. But without the only member that actually mattered, a reunion seems like a weird naming.

More like a series of celebratory shows with a new singer singing their old songs... but that's not Linkin Park. 

Cher without a doubt is legend material and has the hits. Can she still sing though?

Despite the fact people had a good time at some of the previous legend slots.....for me some of them have been a bit naff. Big fan of Dolly but she didn't sound great. Not entirely sure she was singing live for parts of it either. Diana Ross and Shania both had a really hard time too. Sound issues plus the fact they struggled with their voice. 

I'm all for a legend slot if the act still has it. In fact I think the best one for a while was probably Lionel and I like his music the least of all the recent ones to do it. But he at least can still perform and hold a tune which massively helped. 

My favourite I have attended is still probably Shirley Bassey back in 2007 though. She could still belt out those high notes.

They are kind of running out of bonafide legends now too so Cher is definitely a good choice I'd say. 

2 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Lots of talk of Cher and the Legends slot this morning.

That would be a stellar booking if true.  I suspect it's untrue.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I mean, if I were Emily Cher would absolutely be my #1 target - so great stuff.

Yep, she's very much in the "next chance to get her is probably also the last chance" club, and while that sounds cynical, it's exactly where the priority should be for the next few years.