2025 Headliners

38 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Tool's presence on the Lolla Brazil line-up really sticks out like a sore thumb.

Was just thinking that. Weird as f**k.

Still would love them to do Glasto but the only slot they could feasibly do would be other headline and I think they're a bit niche for that sadly.

Just now, mungo57 said:

Still would love them to do Glasto but the only slot they could feasibly do would be other headline and I think they're a bit niche for that sadly.

Just realised they're doing all 3 of the Lolla South Americas. For some reason I thought they were only doing Brazil, which has happened in the past where Sao Paolo's had an extra headliner.

Still doesn't reduce the weirdness of it all though.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Is a Linkin Park reunion with a new singer a definite thing for next year?

its not Chester which is the most important thing. This is a bit different than Prodigy moving forward without Kieth or Kasabian just doing it without Tom. Chester made the band. LP is gonna do Download and the like. Less risk for them thats for sure.

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Genuinely am I the only one who wouldn't know Chester Bennington from Adam?

Not until you hear that voice over the PA. Chester is very distinct. Just one of those people that will always stand out when it comes to vocalists people remember. 

2 hours ago, mungo57 said:

Sold out the O2 this year so there’s a pretty big audience for them. I’d say they compare to other Other headliners.

7 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

That would be a stellar booking if true.  I suspect it's untrue.

Could be something in it. Cher recently starred in UKTV’s rebrand adverts. Here’s one with her and actual Barry form Eastenders…

26 minutes ago, lsccksdg said:

Could be something in it. Cher recently starred in UKTV’s rebrand adverts. Here’s one with her and actual Barry form Eastenders…

Hey there's no need to drag that up from thing bottom of the barrel

9 hours ago, incident said:

Yep, she's very much in the "next chance to get her is probably also the last chance" club, and while that sounds cynical, it's exactly where the priority should be for the next few years.

I agree with this, I don’t get why they’ve been booking so many 50 year olds who still have decades to do it. Cher, Manilow, Cliff Richards, Rod Stewart etc are very much now or never. 

+ they’re only whittling down their pool for a few decades when they’ve already had Kylie, Shania, Alanis and there’s nobody left

Edited by nectarofthegods

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Cliff Richards FFS, I really have heard it all now. 

Is this some sort of weird competition to find the worst possible “legend”?

The word 'legend' really does seem to throw a lot of people - better to think if it as Old Ma Eavis's Golden Oldies Sunday Funtine slot.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So the runners and riders are:

Fred Again

Eminem

Stevie 

with O-Rod, The Boss and - an outlier I think if they can't bag anyone else - Sam Fender also in the conversation

Think there are some of the usual suspects you can throw into the ring as well. The Killers. Foo Fighters. Etc. Until they're ruled out, they'll always be a possible.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So the runners and riders are:

Fred Again

Eminem

Stevie 

with O-Rod, The Boss and - an outlier I think if they can't bag anyone else - Sam Fender also in the conversation

Edited to add Gaga, though that's a real outside bet.

Interesting set. Would upset the ‘where are the female headliners?’ AND ‘where are the real bands?’ colonies simultaneously.