2025 Headliners

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So the runners and riders are:

Fred Again

Eminem

Stevie 

with O-Rod, The Boss and - an outlier I think if they can't bag anyone else - Sam Fender also in the conversation

Know it's been mentioned already above, but with Lady Gaga's seventh album likely coming out before the end of the year, rollout starting October with assumably a 2025 world tour to follow - she's got to be somewhat on the table surely. Would be an incredible booking 

Just now, sildante said:

Know it's been mentioned already above, but with Lady Gaga's seventh album likely coming out before the end of the year, rollout starting October with assumably a 2025 world tour to follow - she's got to be somewhat on the table surely. Would be an incredible booking 

Yeah, I changed the post to add her in.  Doubt she'll do a full tour though - but that doesn't rule out one-offs like Coachella or the G.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fred Again

Eminem

Stevie 

with O-Rod, The Boss and - an outlier I think if they can't bag anyone else - Sam Fender also in the conversation

Edited to add Gaga, though that's a real outside bet.

is eminem really in more than o rod

10 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

Interesting set. Would upset the ‘where are the female headliners?’ AND ‘where are the real bands?’ colonies simultaneously.

Need to pack the bill further down.  Cher in the Legends Slot.  Chappell Roan / Sab Carp / Gracie A taking up big slots elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Need to pack the bill further down.  Cher in the Legends Slot.  Chappell Roan / Sab Carp / Gracie A taking up big slots elsewhere.

Cher in the legends slot and two of The Boss, ORod or Lady Gaga and you're running dangerously close to an all timer here

14 hours ago, Suprefan said:

its not Chester which is the most important thing. This is a bit different than Prodigy moving forward without Kieth or Kasabian just doing it without Tom. Chester made the band. LP is gonna do Download and the like. Less risk for them thats for sure.

And even headlining Download feels weird for a band practically covering their own music. 

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Charli headlining Other one night, Chappell third down Pyramid, Cher legend slot. Quite a few big name female acts who look pretty likely to be around next year to balance the lineup if we do end up with three male headliners.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fred Again

Eminem

Stevie 

Edited to add Gaga, though that's a real outside bet.

doubt they do 3 males. After shoe horning Sza in last year it shows emily is more keen than ever to not have that situation again after 2023 imo

So, O-Rod in action at festivals in 2025? Or is that Lollapallooza stuff for this year?

Suddenly, it feels the pool has opened up a bit. Lady Gaga and Rhianna back in the studio. O-Rod doing festivals. Stevie returning after cancelling shows this summer... Eminem rumour gaining slightly more traction, Fred.. nailing Reading/Leeds as a dance headliner, Sam Fender knocking on the door... 

Looks like a healthy group to have.

My preference would be Lady Gaga, Eminem, Stevie Wonder, but I can't see that happening.

Fred, O-Rod, Stevie more likely I think based on nothing but rumours.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

And this will finally be the year The Yeah Yeah Yeahs thrash the living hell out of The Park….

• Upvote 2

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

My preference would be Lady Gaga, Eminem, Stevie Wonder, but I can't see that happening.

Two Pyramid headliners in one year, after 6 (I think) in 26 years for me. 

Can’t see it happening 

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think she's on the shortlist for sure - but there's no whispers on it like there are on the other three.

Yeah fair, I haven't kept up brilliantly tbh. There were some whispers for her last year if I remember correctly though? These things sometimes seem to be a year out of kilter. 

All I remember for sure is that in her Vogue 73 questions on youtube she calls playing glasto her favourite moment so she will defo headline soon enough 

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yeah fair, I haven't kept up brilliantly tbh. There were some whispers for her last year if I remember correctly though? These things sometimes seem to be a year out of kilter. 

All I remember for sure is that in her Vogue 73 questions on youtube she calls playing glasto her favourite moment so she will defo headline soon enough 

I think that any whispers have been more along the lines of her being one of the most obvious choices out there, rather than an indication that something is in the works.

I think most people recognise that it'll happen sooner or later, but it may be a card that either she or the festival choose to keep hold of for the moment, and instead play it at a later date.

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

I think O Rod will do it. She loves Glasto and the tour clearly stretches into festivals next year. If she is about she will play I think

She has not yet rescheduled the cancelled Manchester dates - the longer it goes without her rescheduling the more I think it likely as she may wait till Glastonbury ticket sales day then announce her dates for June