2025 Headliners

2 hours ago, sildante said:

Know it's been mentioned already above, but with Lady Gaga's seventh album likely coming out before the end of the year, rollout starting October with assumably a 2025 world tour to follow - she's got to be somewhat on the table surely. Would be an incredible booking 

Lady Gaga would be a modern day Glastonbury classic headliner. It needs to happen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Agree

Best Pyramid headliner booking since 2011

She'd pull out all the stops and totally captivate the crowd. It really, really needs to happen on the Pyramid. Surely one day whilst she's still in her peak!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Gaga would be great. She's played before and also did a secret after hours show in the se corner so she gets it. 

Can't remember how her last tour sold in the UK. I know she has a large fan base but feels like she has dropped off a bit with the general population overtaken a bit by the recent crop of pop superstars. 

4 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

doubt they do 3 males. After shoe horning Sza in last year it shows emily is more keen than ever to not have that situation again after 2023 imo

She was the obvious bump up out of the other headliners / pyramid subs by a longshot

She would be phenomenal.  She has such range, amazing voice, wall to wall hits, big show production, amazing choreo, wild costumes, she’s top of her game currently and a downright lovely person too..

I am crossing everything she’s up for it. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So the runners and riders are:

Fred Again

Eminem

Stevie 

with O-Rod, The Boss and - an outlier I think if they can't bag anyone else - Sam Fender also in the conversation

Edited to add Gaga, though that's a real outside bet.

Out of those options my first picks would be Gaga, O-Rod & Stevie Wonder.  That would be an all-timer.

Most likely though, I'd say Fred Again, O-Rod and Fender, which although reasonably varied from a genre perspective has no heritage act for the Camp Chair/Old Timer brigade.

Edited by 4AssedMonkey

6 hours ago, mouserat said:

Think there are some of the usual suspects you can throw into the ring as well. The Killers. Foo Fighters. Etc. Until they're ruled out, they'll always be a possible.

According to an interview late last year, Brandon Flowers said he's planning to release a solo album next year and when they were in London a few months ago, he said it'll be the last Killers shows in the UK for a while. So I don't think that particular example will be around in '25.

Flowers solo in a lower-down slot, maybe.

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Need to pack the bill further down.  Cher in the Legends Slot.  Chappell Roan / Sab Carp / Gracie A taking up big slots elsewhere.

Im expecting it to be pretty female heavy next year. Charli XCX would be a great Other headliner and the likes of Raye, Holly Humberstone and Jorja Smith should be involved I reckon.

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

She was meant to be Other Sub IIRC

For real? Cos Other sub to Pyramid headliner is quite the leap.

I was just thinking Pyramid sub, like the time they offered it to The Killers in 2005 when Kylie Minogue was forced to cancel due to illness and The Killers said no as they thought it was too soon to go from sub-headliner (which they were that year to The White Stripes) to being the show-stopper.

Edited by charlierc

Fred Again, Eminem and O Rod is my guess.

Especially with Olivia being announced to headline Lollapalooza in South America next year, means she's gearing up for a few festival slots for 2025. I reckon Coachella and Glastonbury are a couple of them

22 minutes ago, chew the fat said:

10 most likely names right now, as I see it.

1. Bruce Springsteen
  2. Dave
  3. Eminem
  4. Foo Fighters
  5. Fred Again..
  6. Lady Gaga
  7. Olivia Rodrigo
  8. Rihanna
  9. Sam Fender
  10. Stevie Wonder

I'd say that seems about right. Doubtful about Foos though, think with their big Churn Ups ruse - that was their big showing for a while on the farm

9 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'd say that seems about right. Doubtful about Foos though, think with their big Churn Ups ruse - that was their big showing for a while on the farm

They were the 10th name I added. They just feel like a safe bet that the festival will always have in their back pocket incase anyone falls through. Could see them becoming a bit Coldplay-ey over the next decade or so what with their good relationship with the festival and them being a stadium filling band.

Edited by chew the fat

2 minutes ago, chew the fat said:

They were the 10th name I added. They just feel like a safe bet the festival will always have in their back pocket if anyone falls through. Could see them becoming a big Coldplay-ey over the next decade or so what with their good relationship with the festival and being a stadium filling band.

Yeah, true. It's not a bad idea to have a few aces in your pocket in times of need. 

6 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Lady Gaga would be a modern day Glastonbury classic headliner. It needs to happen.

Darn tootin'. 

The fact that she never headlined when she was at the height of her powers is one of the biggest shames in the history of Glastonbury festival headliners. She would have improved almost every headline trio since 2010.

44 minutes ago, chew the fat said:

10 most likely names right now, as I see it.

1. Bruce Springsteen
  2. Dave
  3. Eminem
  4. Foo Fighters
  5. Fred Again..
  6. Lady Gaga
  7. Olivia Rodrigo
  8. Rihanna
  9. Sam Fender
  10. Stevie Wonder

Overall, it’s a promising list, and gives optimism to the chance of a strong trio of headliners 2025.

47 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

38 minutes ago, chew the fat said:

They were the 10th name I added. They just feel like a safe bet that the festival will always have in their back pocket incase anyone falls through. Could see them becoming a bit Coldplay-ey over the next decade or so what with their good relationship with the festival and them being a stadium filling band.

The people in the Reading thread think Foos to Reading could be a go-er so if they do that instead, they won't be at Glasto.

... I assume, anyway.