2025 Headliners

4 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Eminem live was f**king shite. He'd draw a big crowd because he's still popular despite releasing dross for years.

That's about the sum of it, shouting every fifth word over a backing track, almost nothing of worth released since his second record.

4 hours ago, Spindles said:

That's about the sum of it, shouting every fifth word over a backing track, almost nothing of worth released since his second record.

Since his third, I'd argue. The Eminem Show was decent, then it all went wrong.

I've only seem him once, at the Manchester Academy in 1999 before TMMLP. I didn't quite appreciate how lucky I was to see him live at that stage of his career. I remember Snoop guesting, and there being a giant inflatable hypodermic needle on stage. It was chaos, but fun chaos.

15 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Everyone I know who has seen Eminem has absolutely slated his live show (all be it a tiny sample and only over 2 or so seperate events). 

Can anyone who has seen him live actually vouch for him being any good as a live performer? 

I’ve seen him twice and he’s decent enough. I think of all the genres Hip Hop is the one that translates the worst to a live show but having seen a lot of rappers live he is better than most. 

First time was that chainsaw tour in the 2003 and I was 13 so would have lapped up anything he did back then so can’t judge fairly. I absolutely loved it at the time though. We were sat side of stage and I go a high five off Bizarre as they walked off, made my whole year back then. Wouldn’t care at all now. 

Saw him at Wembley as an adult maybe ten years ago and he was good. Dre came out for the encore which was fun and Odd Future were great in support. 

Edited by Kaboom Boxer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I’ve seen him twice and he’s decent enough. I think of all the genres Hip Hop is the one that translates the worst to a live show but having seen a lot of rappers live he is better than most. 

First time was that chainsaw tour in the 2003 and I was 13 so would have lapped up anything he did back then so can’t judge fairly. I absolutely loved it at the time though. We were sat side of stage and I go a high five off Bizarre as they walked off, made my whole year back then. Wouldn’t care at all now. 

Saw him at Wembley as an adult maybe ten years ago and he was good. Dre came out for the encore which was fun and Odd Future were great in support. 

Im sure ive seen Odd Future at Glastonbury and enjoyed -  

9 hours ago, archiegow said:

I still find it very funny how they previewed two songs from OBTN and neither of them were SOF or Use Somebody and were Crawl and Manhattan instead which actually makes the setlist so much better!

The contrast is really stark given Glastonbury 2008 had neither of those two big hitters and seemed to go very well, then at Reading a year later Caleb threw a strop that the crowd only seemed to be there for those two songs.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Linkin Park with a new record and new singer.

IMG_3223.jpeg

The immediate re-action seems to be positive they will never stop the (won't be the same gang) but at the end of the day its a group of friends who lost a mate and they are devastated about it.   I think its harsh for people to will them to stop and I certainly wish them the best of luck with it -   If it helps them heel some of the pain then im all for it and i hope fans can respect that. 

Its a new beginning for the band not a continuation 

I would suspect its probably just these dates and no festivals until they see how it lands - 

Edited by Ben7amin_

19 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

The immediate re-action seems to be positive they will never stop the (won't be the same gang) but at the end of the day its a group of friends who lost a mate and they are devastated about it.   I think its harsh for people to will them to stop and I certainly wish them the best of luck with it -   If it helps them heel some of the pain then im all for it and i hope fans can respect that. 

Its a new beginning for the band not a continuation 

I would suspect its probably just these dates and no festivals until they see how it lands - 

It's also really good...

On 9/5/2024 at 4:09 PM, Suprefan said:

Lana cant even headline a country festival. How can she headline glasto

IMG_3206.jpeg

She’s not a country artist though. She’s headlined Coachella and R&L since, realistically she could headline pyramid if SZA can. If they had stuck their necks out in 2023 and had her instead of G’n’R the top 3 would have looked a bit more current. But not sure the pyramid crowd would get her show I guess and if she’d turned up late then it would have been a sh*t show. She’s definitely big enough to be given a shot though and is a hugely consistent recording artist. Moment has probably passed now mind.

1 hour ago, AH1983 said:

She’s not a country artist though. She’s headlined Coachella and R&L since, realistically she could headline pyramid if SZA can. If they had stuck their necks out in 2023 and had her instead of G’n’R the top 3 would have looked a bit more current. But not sure the pyramid crowd would get her show I guess and if she’d turned up late then it would have been a sh*t show. She’s definitely big enough to be given a shot though and is a hugely consistent recording artist. Moment has probably passed now mind.

Her upcoming album Lasso will be a country album. I'm guessing she's planning on doing a set of that album, and that's why she's not looking to headline.

• Upvote 1

Lana would have been a better headliner than SZA that’s for sure. As a hardcore Lana fan she absolutely shat the bed with her 2023 performance and it was excruciating. But I do think the festival may have missed a trick in booking her in 2023, if they’d waited a year and had her instead of SZA she had already grown in popularity a lot in that time. Then again given how that performance turned out who knows…..

Also RE: the country festival, her next album is country so I imagine she may be doing an exclusively country set for that. She’s covered quite a few country songs recently and done a few folk albums. 

Eminem would be a great headliner, him and Gaga are the last really big legendary American acts they haven’t had. He has appeal across all the generations and nobody would be going ‘who’. 

I think that the lateness at Reading was not caused by her intentionally coming out late. All the accounts I read attributed it to the production build which needed longer to turn around between acts.  It was a really big stage set up so I can understand that. 

I would love lana to have a chance at headlining glasto. She is big enough to do it. I don't even think the lateness of 2023 would be an issue tbh because that would be managed differently for a pyramid headline slot.

I don't think a county album is the right time for her to do it though so it would be some way down the line and popularity could change so like maybe in like 3-5 years if she is still this big or bigger.

• Upvote 1

An arena tour would be great although when she played the Liverpool arena a few years ago the set was about 50 minutes with no support act so she’d need to turn it up a bit especially with the prices being charged these days. Frustrating when she’s not released a bad album and has so much material, even then it was the Lust for Life tour so could’ve easily added plenty of songs to the set list.

• Upvote 1