2025 Headliners

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

The post yesterday is all fairly believable. Except for B-Witched. 

It’s either kosher or written by a complete virgin from another site. 

My guess is the latter. 

The acts are just what people are talking about on here

The inclusion of forum sweethearts Little Simz and IDLES makes me think its an alt to be honest

Clearly no actual info there - can't believe how seriously it was taken

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'll admit to being intrigued.  When roughbloke showed up two years back and gave us Elton and GnR plenty of folk scoffed at it - to the extent he now takes his info elsewhere.

Not sure he was that arsed about being scoffed at, think he left for other reasons!

On 9/8/2024 at 3:36 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Didn't she just say they were hopeful of getting her again at some point.

Pre-submit, found the quote:

"I think we’ve got Taylor on board next time she’s doing some touring. We would love to have her back, obviously.”

Doesn't really suggest they've been in talks 

The post said they haven’t spoken to Taylor since the cancellation… do t k ow how Emily would be confident they’ve got her on board if they haven’t spoken to her.

22 hours ago, nectarofthegods said:

In terms of living and reasonable headliner acts, yes. Madonna and Taylor want fees that are too high, the Eavises reportedly hate RHCP after they pulled out and won’t book them again, AC/DC would have done it by now. Bands like the Eagles have passed their time at this point, nobody would watch them headline.

So yeah Gaga and Eminem are the two biggest American gets the festival can still feasibly achieve, they have huge popularity and cross generational appeal. I guess maybe Green Day or the Weeknd but they don’t have the same level of stardom and legend status as Gaga and Eminem

the last really big legendary American acts they haven’t had” and “the two biggest American gets the festival can feasibly achieve” are clearly two totally different things. Hence my questioning.

The Eagles would pull a massive crowd, that ain’t why they’re not playing.

The idea of The Weeknd not having the same level of stardom as Gaga is laughable, and I’m a massive Gaga fan.

And let’s not even start on where AC/DC come from…

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'll admit to being intrigued.  When roughbloke showed up two years back and gave us Elton and GnR plenty of folk scoffed at it - to the extent he now takes his info elsewhere.

I never knew this.

That said, given the reception newbie or those who post only very occasionally on here get I cannot say I am surprised.

The Oasis thread is proof of that too.

Sometimes this place feels very unwelcoming and anyone with 'info' outside a certain group gets rounded on.,................ but then I suppose that is true of most places on the interweb.

I wonder how people would have reacted had  a regular poster made the same post as the newbie did the other day?

Edited by Nobody Interesting
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I never knew this.

That said, given the reception newbie or those who post only very occasionally on here get I cannot say I am surprised.

Sometimes this place feels very unwelcoming and anyone with 'info' outside a certain group gets rounded on.,................ but then I suppose that is true of most places on the interweb.

I wonder how people would have reacted had  a regular poster made the same post as the newbie did the other day?

some people treat info with scepticism , some people less so . however if someone has given info that has proved to be accurate over many years its not really surprising that more users are inclined to believe that . Mods are always welcoming of new info and are happy to receive any from anyone at all , . There are no "certain groups " on here ... unless youd like to dm me who they are ive certainly not seen them over the many years ive been on here . It's always hard to give info and take that risk as people will always be sceptical and thats even the case with the people with proven records . 

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

some people treat info with scepticism , some people less so . however if someone has given info that has proved to be accurate over many years its not really surprising that more users are inclined to believe that . Mods are always welcoming of new info and are happy to receive any from anyone at all , . There are no "certain groups " on here ... unless youd like to dm me who they are ive certainly not seen them over the many years ive been on here . It's always hard to give info and take that risk as people will always be sceptical and thats even the case with the people with proven records . 

There's scepticism and there's being downright horrible as I have seen some new posters get the butt end of.

It's all there is anyone chooses to see it.

As for 'certain groups' like everywhere on the internet there are sets of people who reply to each other and ignore others and there used to be a 'certain group' on here that really were a bit insular - but they pretty much all left and went elsewhere.

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

There's scepticism and there's being downright horrible as I have seen some new posters get the butt end of.

It's all there is anyone chooses to see it.

As for 'certain groups' like everywhere on the internet there are sets of people who reply to each other and ignore others and there used to be a 'certain group' on here that really were a bit insular - but they pretty much all left and went elsewhere.

things have changed a little in the way info is received in some ways now ... with less going through admin and more through either the users or the mods ... more so the users posting it themselves . if anyone wants to give us info anonymously we are more than happy to receive it ... that goes for anyone new or old , 1 post or 10,000 . 

13 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

As a matter of interest, why would newbies have to message mods if they have information?

4 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

As a matter of interest, why would newbies have to message mods if they have information?

they dont ... just if they dont want to post it themselves . Like previously some users would go through admin 

and to add @Avalon_Fields curates the lineup page 

Edited by Crazyfool01

21 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

they dont ... just if they dont want to post it themselves . Like previously some users would go through admin 

and to add @Avalon_Fields curates the lineup page 

Curates makes it sound like I know what I’m doing! 

I take what I judge to be plausible rumours based on some knowledge off here, plus on occasion receive quality info from reliable sources via messages. We did OK for 2024, a decent level of accuracy. We established beforehand something like 60% of artists on the first line up poster.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I never knew this.

It's almost like one of those things where the well documented Liam vs Noel hostility lead to nobody believing it would happen, and yet, here we are one Ticketmaster free-for-all later.

7 hours ago, balti-pie said:

😄 ok, if you like! 

Fremantle's a bloody lovely place, ive spent a fair bit of time there. Australia's really proud of AC/DC, in Melbourne there's an area called ACDC Lane and you can head down St Kilda and have a beer in a couple of the haunts they used to play in years ago - and the video for Its a long way to the top is filmed on Swanston Street in Melbourne, i used to live about two minutes walk from it. I'd go as far as to say its Australia's number 1 export to the world, and its at best 50% theirs ☺️

They are definitely a better export than fosters😊😉

I’ve seen them at least eight times and they smashed it every time. Just pure rock. Ideal for stadiums. 

6 hours ago, nikkic said:

The post yesterday is all fairly believable. Except for B-Witched. 

It’s either kosher or written by a complete virgin from another site. 

My guess is the latter. 

Complete virgin 😂.  Christ, how old are you?