2025 Headliners

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Some would argue he’s yet to prove that, though. His last major set on the farm was hardly Pyramid worthy, and his latest album doesn’t exactly scream ‘elite level headliner’. I mean, it’s good and it has its moments, but he’s another, better, album away from headlining the best of the best, imo. 

That field was as packed and bouncing as much as any act that’s ever played that slot. Pulled a bigger crowd than Billie and we all know where she went next. I think the headline R/L slot just tapped him into place to be honest. I’d be amazed if the discussions aren’t taking place.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Some would argue he’s yet to prove that, though. His last major set on the farm was hardly Pyramid worthy, and his latest album doesn’t exactly scream ‘elite level headliner’. I mean, it’s good and it has its moments, but he’s another, better, album away from headlining the best of the best, imo. 

Its amazing how peoples perceptions differ. I remember watching his Other stage set on TV and wishing I was in the farm in that crowd, it looked unbelievably joyous. I've watched it back numerous times each time thinking he'd headline the pyramid in the next few years. 

Out of interest have you seen him live ? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, glastorome said:

Its amazing how peoples perceptions differ. I remember watching his Other stage set on TV and wishing I was in the farm in that crowd, it looked unbelievably joyous. I've watched it back numerous times each time thinking he'd headline the pyramid in the next few years. 

It felt absolutely joyous in the field too!

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, kalifire said:

You replied to "Saw Fred at Leeds Festival and he absolutely smashed it"

Then say he's yet to prove it! An act doesn't have to prove their worth at WV to be WV worthy

He's clearly big enough and will be cheap. they would be mad not to get him unless gaga rihanna and stevie offer to do it for free!!

43 minutes ago, stuie said:

That field was as packed and bouncing as much as any act that’s ever played that slot. Pulled a bigger crowd than Billie and we all know where she went next. I think the headline R/L slot just tapped him into place to be honest. I’d be amazed if the discussions aren’t taking place.

Avril Lavigne in '27 is gonna be unreal

19 minutes ago, glastorome said:

It was brilliant and im no big dance/electronic fan. Have watched his Reading set on TV and thought that looked brilliant also. I think he'd smash a headline set on the farm.

Here’s a glimpse of additional acts that could be featured at Glastonbury, showcasing the festival’s diverse and eclectic lineup:

- **Billie Eilish**: Known for her genre-defying music and captivating performances, Billie Eilish will bring a fresh and modern edge to the festival.

- **The Cure**: With their iconic sound and extensive catalog of hits, The Cure will deliver a nostalgic and atmospheric set.

- **Kendrick Lamar**: As one of the leading voices in hip-hop, Kendrick Lamar’s performance will be powerful and thought-provoking, adding a dynamic element to the lineup.

- **Tame Impala**: Their psychedelic rock and electronic influences will create a mesmerizing and immersive experience on stage.

- **Lana Del Rey**: With her distinctive voice and cinematic sound, Lana Del Rey will offer a hauntingly beautiful performance.

- **Arctic Monkeys**: Known for their energetic rock shows and sharp lyrics, Arctic Monkeys will be a major highlight of the festival.

These artists, alongside the headliners, will contribute to a diverse and unforgettable Glastonbury experience. For the latest lineup updates, be sure to follow Glastonbury’s official announcements.

22 minutes ago, gfa said:

Avril Lavigne in '27 is gonna be unreal

I’m clearly talking about acts on an upward trajectory. One more solid album and she can do it though! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Even ChatGPT wouldn't describe the Arctic Monkeys as being energetic performers.

Well, Helders is still a bit energetic, I suppose.

I agree on Olivia Rodrigo being something of a rock act. A big part of why it's ridiculous to consider her as a potential Download headliner is because she's a female solo act, and they'd never book one of those. Sonically, a lot of the riffs and choruses wouldn't sound too out of place - although admittedly the lyrics about your young heart being broken by boys would be. I can totally see the argument, though

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Having seen them both live this year, Rodrigo's is far more of a rock show.  No remixes or rave sections and so on.  It mostly just guitars, bass and drums.

Yeah maybe not Coldplay now, maybe in their early days

7 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I think Olivia Rodrigo is rock. She is clearly influenced by 90's alt rock. 

It's through a modern pop filter but it is still rock.

Somebody said good 4 u being at UK #1 on the single's chart in 2021 was the closest to a rock number one said the Killing in the Name campaign at Christmas 2009.

Given how much rock has slipped out of being a regular chart botherer in the intervening time, take what you can get imo.

• Upvote 1