2025 Headliners

56 minutes ago, gfa said:

Think there was info to suggest no o-rod as of present can't remember what

It wouldn't be a major shock if she took the Reading money instead. That South America Lollapalooza had Blink last year too. Olivia, Dua Lipa and Foos in the same year would be strong. Add in Kasabian and Chase and Status.

44 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

New rumours that The Boss is in Munich on Friday 27th June. On the plus side it banjaxes the Gothenburg info - but on the negative side....well...I'm sure you can figure it out.

I think there is some weight to the boss not being bothered to play it again. For some, once is done and done.

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

If that was the Reading lineup I'd have to go again!

Issue for me this year was, apart from The Prodigy who clashed with most of Blink anyway and Bleachers/TLDP on Saturday, I found it a very average at the very best lineup.

Doesn't really matter who they booked now, never doing a weekend again as they'll never get an act now I find myself really needing to pay what they ask per day to see now

Edited by northernangel

21 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Issue for me this year was, apart from The Prodigy who clashed with most of Blink anyway and Bleachers/TLDP on Saturday, I found it a very average at the very best lineup.

Doesn't really matter who they booked now, never doing a weekend again as they'll never get an act now I find myself really needing to pay what they ask per day to see now

Its £125 at tier 1 for a full day festival with two headline size acts

I think for me - in terms of where i stand on O-Rod -   Is she still needs to reschedule the cancelled Co-Op arena dates these may well tell a story.

If she is playing Glastonbury then she may have been asked to wait until after ticket day to announce when they are as if its late June or early July - be a bit obvious 

Given she has started to cop some flack for lack of communication about when they will be -  I can not see her waiting too much longer to book them in. 

obviously has stated - it could equally be in august for L&R.  but it would have to be at their request as obviously the gigs tickets are already sold 

article from last month https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/dad-makes-plea-co-op-29743036

Edited by Ben7amin_

11 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I think for me - in terms of where i stand on O-Rod -   Is she still needs to reschedule the cancelled Co-Op arena dates these may well tell a story.

If she is playing Glastonbury then she may have been asked to wait until after ticket day to announce when they are as if its late June or early July - be a bit obvious 

Given she has started to cop some flack for lack of communication about when they will be -  I can not see her waiting too much longer to book them in. 

obviously has stated - it could equally be in august for L&R.  but it would have to be at their request as obviously the gigs tickets are already sold 

article from last month https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/dad-makes-plea-co-op-29743036

It'd be so expensive to bring over the entire tour production, stage setup etc just for 2 gigs. With this move to outdoors for the festivals, maybe those two gigs will be rolled into a big outdoor one? I can only imagine how well that'll go down with people who got seats though...

On 9/10/2024 at 9:55 PM, Dales said:

Sold out 4 nights, The tickets were so much in demand that they done the register in advance thing with unique codes only been sent to some who registered.

On 9/10/2024 at 9:58 PM, northernangel said:

I would imagine if she's held off from not doing it last year while free and touring again next year taking headline spots at festivals that she'll now feel she's ready and will certainly get an offer.

And she she outsold with demand more than most.

Yeah, fair enough. She's someone I've slept on prob in terms of popularity since pop isn't really my bag; thought most of her tour had only been arenas. 

But I guess she's in the frame.

I know it's only September, but where's everyone's optimism at? Bag seems pretty full in terms of who's available, or, we're not sure who the hell they're gonna give us?

Absolute legends of the game:

Bruce

Madonna

Stevie W

AC/DC

Eminem

Firsttimers (as Pyramid headliner):

Rihanna

Lady Gaga

ORod

Fred

Sam Fender

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 1

Those green day dates have got to put them in the running for a uk festival cos it looks like they are coming back for a European festival run next summer...it's likely to be reading, download or glasto. Reading feels like the obvious choice but I think they would be great at glasto.  

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Those green day dates have got to put them in the running for a uk festival cos it looks like they are coming back for a European festival run next summer...it's likely to be reading, download or glasto. Reading feels like the obvious choice but I think they would be great at glasto.  

I'd say Reading is too late from the date announced. Download a strong possibility but also must be in the frame for the big G.

11 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I'd say Reading is too late from the date announced. Download a strong possibility but also must be in the frame for the big G.

I see Download being the clear favourite here, I just don't see Glastonbury paying firstly what they want or them feeling Glastonbury is a box ticker. Olivia, Fred and Green Day would be a huge set. The uproar if Glastonbury secured Green Day over Download would be mad. The only way is if BST secured them so they've made their money. 

Just now, northernangel said:

I see Download being the clear favourite here

Feels like that's the way things are headed. Download do seem to be making a serious (albeit kind of forced on them) effort to move beyond the classic/heavy rock bands that have dominated their lineups for years. Green Day would be one of the most obvious choices for that in terms of bringing a new crowd without fully alienating the traditional download audience.

If Green Day are available, then I'd guess that Download would have them pretty high on the list and be in a position to offer big money for an exclusive.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Have Green Day not done Download before?  Feel like the kind of act who're in the rotation over there.

They haven't, and tbh until very recently they'd probably have been slightly borderline.

The "rotation" bands have been acts like Slipknot, Metallica, Linkin Park, KISS, etc - more of your hard rock / metal acts rather than pop punk.

14 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I know it's only September, but where's everyone's optimism at? Bag seems pretty full in terms of who's available, or, we're not sure who the hell they're gonna give us?

Absolute legends of the game:

Bruce

Madonna

Stevie W

AC/DC

Eminem

Firsttimers (as Pyramid headliner):

Rihanna

Lady Gaga

ORod

Fred

Sam Fender

Mad that Eminem gets put it legends but Rihanna and Lady Gaga don't 😂

12 minutes ago, incident said:

They haven't, and tbh until very recently they'd probably have been slightly borderline.

The "rotation" bands have been acts like Slipknot, Metallica, Linkin Park, KISS, etc - more of your hard rock / metal acts rather than pop punk.

Guess there's nothing preventing the G and DL sharing a headliner.

56 minutes ago, gfa said:

Haha, yeah, did think they could be but didn't want to leave the firsttimers part looking empty 😅 

Legends:

Stevie W

Lady Gaga

Rihanna

Eminem

Madonna

Bruce Springsteen 

Green Day

Firsttimers:

Fred

ORod

Sam Fender

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

8 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Haha, yeah, did think they could be but didn't want to leave the firsttimers part looking empty 😅 

Legends:

Stevie W

Lady Gaga

Rihanna

Eminem

Madonna

Bruce Springsteen 

Green Day

Firsttimers:

Fred

ORod

Sam Fender

Knowing how unforgiving Glastonbury are.   I think Madonna is probably OUT forever 

1 hour ago, incident said:

Feels like that's the way things are headed. Download do seem to be making a serious (albeit kind of forced on them) effort to move beyond the classic/heavy rock bands that have dominated their lineups for years. Green Day would be one of the most obvious choices for that in terms of bringing a new crowd without fully alienating the traditional download audience.

If Green Day are available, then I'd guess that Download would have them pretty high on the list and be in a position to offer big money for an exclusive.

I had bands to see at Download but it's a shame that Friday and Sunday headliners for me were rubbish and a lot of the undercard. Not enough to put up with that festival anyway. I think Download would certainly get Slipknot on the lower end, I don't see an issue by booking Sleep Token and finding Green Day money. Green Day absolutely will cost the most but if you can book Slipknot, BMTH and Metallica twice over 4 days, you can book those other 3. Probably about £2.2m as a guess on headliners.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Because Rihanna isn't a bloody legend lol and Eminem essentially redefined a music scene and genre himself.