2025 Headliners

28 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Knowing how unforgiving Glastonbury are.   I think Madonna is probably OUT forever 

They'd bite her arm off if she called and agreed the going rate. 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, stuie said:

They'd bite her arm off if she called and agreed the going rate. 

From what I understand they had her booked in and the fee wasn't the problem - then at a later date Madonna decided the Pyramid stage was not big enough for her (in terms of physical space). To recreate her show so she pulled out.  

It say given how far they were done the process and the fact that these dimensions were always available to her team - its hard to not think she f*cked the festival over -  Not quite Red Hot Chilli Peppers -  but im sure they felt pretty let down by her actions - 

Edited by Ben7amin_

7 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

From what I understand they had her booked in and the fee wasn't the problem - then at a later date Madonna decided the Pyramid stage was not big enough for her (in terms of physical space).   

It say given how far they were done the process and the fact that these dimensions were always available to her team - its hard to not think she f*cked the festival over -  Not quite Red Hot Chilli Peppers -  but im sure they felt pretty let down by her actions - 

Is this fact or hearsay? I think it’s what we guessed might have been the scenario but not confirmed in anyway. 

Either way, if her people said they’d adapted the show and were doing some outdoor gigs next year then they wouldn’t turn it down. 

2 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Doesn't mean it's incorrect though.

Whether its wrong or not but surely you can't argue against Rihanna imprint on pop, modern culture and music as a whole that we are literally still seeing the effects of now. As much as Eminem definitely had a massive impact on the genre and what could be considered chart music for that era he hasn't exactly been the shining beacon for the whole genre as much as the people you left off your "legends" list. If any thing Eminem as done the opposite past his prime.

15 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

"Edgelord hip-hop for people who somehow never seem to listen to much other rap music" isn't really a genre 

Let's not pretend that Eminem isn't a super important figure in the modern history of hip hop.

F.D Signifier did a great video about the white commodification of black art and I think seeing Eminem as a significant turning point in the mainstream adoption of hip-hop is super reasonable. Link here: 

• Upvote 1

Recon Madonna is behind Lana Del Ray for headliners now. The Eavis hold a grudge 

If you have heard the way he spoke about Chilli Peppers and Fleetwood Mac at one of the talks he did. 

If you f*ck over the festival then your out it seems for the most part. Unless you crawl back to them..... I doubt Madonnas ego could take that. 

Screenshot_20240913-123353_Chrome.jpg

13 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

Recon Madonna is behind Lana Del Ray for headliners now. The Eavis hold a grudge 

If you have heard the way he spoke about Chilli Peppers and Fleetwood Mac at one of the talks he did. 

If you f*ck over the festival then your out it seems for the most part. Unless you crawl back to them..... I doubt Madonnas ego could take that. 

nonsense. Look at Prince, they tried for several years

19 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

Those examples were in an era when finding A-list headliners was like shooting fish in a barrel. Its not that easy anymore, in fact its bloody hard.

56 minutes ago, On The Blend said:

Let's not pretend that Eminem isn't a super important figure in the modern history of hip 

Yea

I’ll say it again for those at the back or those not paying attention.

I’ll take the opinion of rap artists over some random folks on a forum any day

31 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Those examples were in an era when finding A-list headliners was like shooting fish in a barrel. Its not that easy anymore, in fact its bloody hard.

Is it that or is it  the standard of headliner we the punters have raised our expectations of the size of acts we expect has moved up. 

Though older examples it was Glastonbury 2019 when I saw Michael E talking about them

14 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

Is it that or is it  the standard of headliner we the punters have raised our expectations of the size of acts we expect has moved up. 

Though older examples it was Glastonbury 2019 when I saw Michael E talking about them

The headliner pool is bigger than ever now that the festival has started embracing more genres for headliners

A lot of the bigger acts are very elusive though i think, especially american ones who get far too big for it very quickly and love £££

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

Let's not pretend that Eminem isn't a super important figure in the modern history of hip hop.

F.D Signifier did a great video about the white commodification of black art and I think seeing Eminem as a significant turning point in the mainstream adoption of hip-hop is super reasonable. Link here: 

30 minutes in and he's convinced me that Eminem is better than Vanilla Ice.

• Like 1

There's no doubt Eminem is a great rapper and a great artist, and he is very important within the history of hip hop. I just think there's too many people out there who heap praise on him and claim he's the GOAT,

when he's the only rapper they listen to.

It's like have you made that judgement after listening to Nas? You listened to Andre 3000? You listened to Kendrick? 2pac?

I just don't think you can have an opinion unless you actually listen to other rappers.

5 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I just don't think you can have an opinion unless you actually listen to other rappers.

You definitely can, it's just not as important or as valuable as a more informed one. We'd be much better off if we as a society understood that difference.

(I agree with your general point though.)

• Like 1

I was at an age when Eminem came out it, he was the cool artists to listen to -  and certainly his first two albums were "all the rage".  However I lost interest very quickly on the 3rd album onwards - not a fan of that stuff - and now looking back ive kind of not got the same love i had for the first two albums that i first had.

The discovery of Eminem did however cause me to go backwards and listen to acts like 2pac - who is far superior so I guess i have to thank him for being a gateway rapper of sorts.

personally Kendrick Lamar is the greatest rapper of all time, think he has surpassed those that came before him, not many artists produce that many 10/10 albums as he does - (IMO)

Honourable mention to Little Simz who is absolutely killing it at the moment a swell 

Edited by Ben7amin_
  • Upvote 1