2025 Headliners

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you read the article its just according to the bookies I.e. no real. basis for it 

As usual (with Glastonbury betting stories) I ask - is there any evidence whatsoever that Coral actually have or recently had an active market on this?

Looking at their website, I can bet on the first song Oasis play next year, or whether any of the gigs even take place - but nothing relating to Glastonbury whatsoever.

As usual when it comes to one of these occasional stories that quotes apparently fictional odds, I'm taking the view that someone has pulled something out of their arse to get a free advertorial in the press.

8 minutes ago, The Nal said:

How many Greenday songs would Joe Camping Chair know?

Basket Case, American Idiot, Good Riddance, Boulevard of Broken Dreams.....?

Add Holiday and When September Ends to them and you've got a better hit rate than a few recent headliners.

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I think at least Holiday and When I Come Around as well.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Add Holiday and When September Ends to them and you've got a better hit rate than a few recent headliners.

Yes both v true. I guess there would be few "Oh yeah" album tracks from Dookie aswell. 

I feel Green Day are very similar to Guns N Roses in the sense that even the most casual of casuals will know the big 3-4 songs and then the average attendee/music fan will know a few more on top.

Very low risk booking really. Would just be a case of the two parties both wanting it enough

18 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Green Day would go fine.  Foo Fighters sort of booking for fans of meat and potatoes.

Great band. One of my favourites. 

If the alternative is another pop princess then give me meat and potatoes all day long. 

• Upvote 8

47 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Great band. One of my favourites. 

If the alternative is another pop princess then give me meat and potatoes all day long. 

Would suit me, don’t know if it’s a wild rumour or when it would be announced. Might have to wait until September ends😉

• Like 2

Not that I think Green Day will do it, but they'd be a perfectly fine headliner. Plenty of hit songs, more than several previous headliners. Bit strange that they never did it before. Same with Red Hot Chili Peppers. Guess the IoW/R&L cash was more enticing.

Edited by ghostdancer1

11 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Not that I think Green Day will do it, but they'd be a perfectly fine headliner. Plenty of hit songs, more than several previous headliners. Bit strange that they never did it before. Same with Red Hot Chili Peppers. Guess the IoW/R&L cash was more enticing.

You might want to Google RHCP and Glastonbury 1993 before making that statement........

Edited by Ben7amin_

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

When Billy Bob asks "Do you have the time to listen to me whine?" there's really only one answer and it's not "Sure do"

To be fair, there's so much whining from festival goer's these days, he wouldn't get a word in edgeways! 🤣