2025 Headliners

18 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Any chance of Pink getting the call? Or is she doing a Las Vegas residency. 

shania was doing vegas and still got the call.

She hasnt done Vegas and is still doing perfectly fine with a stadium tour at the moment. The acrobatics can be done outdoors so thats not the issue 

5 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Are we back to the age-old "Is Pink big enough?" question.

She is. End of.

Not very relevant though it must be said!

On 9/20/2024 at 4:18 PM, incident said:

Michael has outright said that it did. And even before that, there was the story that the festival turned them down in 2005 when they offered to step in for Kylie.

Picking basement jaxx over RHCP absolutely mad lol

Sorry to be that person but it's been quite a while since I had a little ganders on here! Can't be bothered to scroll back through opinions...who's got the solid rumours? What's the latest? Surely there's at least one act which everyone deems to be locked in by now? 

Roundup pretty please anyone?

Edited by Bike_Like_A_Mum

14 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Sorry to be that person but it's been quite a while since I had a little ganders on here! Can't be bothered to scroll back through opinions...who's got the solid rumours? What's the latest? Surely there's at least one act which everyone deems to be locked in by now? 

Roundup pretty please anyone?

Fred seems a lock - other names being chucked about are Olivia Rodrigo, Stevie, Rihanna etc.

edit + Eminem

Edited by gfa

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

Fred seems a lock - other names being chucked about are Olivia Rodrigo, Stevie, Rihanna etc.

edit + Eminem

Thanks... not bad at all to be fair. 

I'd love a Fred/O-Rod/Eminem combo personally 🤞🏼 But Stevie would also be golden instead of Eminem (still can't see Eminem doing it).

Now just give us a sale date already so we can start to panick!

I can respect the chutzpah in having both Fred again... and Olivia Rodrigo. It's effectively doubling down on last year and the idea we can have two "young" headliners in the same year, who only have a handful of albums between them. (I know FA has more, but it's not like the first two have left much of a commercial footprint.)

9 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I can respect the chutzpah in having both Fred again... and Olivia Rodrigo. It's effectively doubling down on last year and the idea we can have two "young" headliners in the same year, who only have a handful of albums between them. (I know FA has more, but it's not like the first two have left much of a commercial footprint.)

As far as we know that wasn't the original plan (or even the second third one) - it was more forced upon them.

Edited by CaledonianGonzo

16 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

His break out song and still one of his biggest on spotify (like will be biggest again once new album listening dies down) is on his first actual life (so second album)

We've lost dancing that is - not sure why the brackets bit was added!

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

His break out song and still one of his biggest on spotify (like will be biggest again once new album listening dies down) is on his first actual life (so second album)

We've lost dancing that is - not sure why the brackets bit was added!

Those rogue brackets get everywhere.

He's very much a man for the non-record buying public though. #7 with a new record is soft, which tells you where the commercial power is driven from instead.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd expect their #1 priority is avoiding a repeat of SZA.  Fred and Olivia should ensure that that doesn't happen - but the fact that they're young debutantes is tangential to that.

I understand why they went for SZA when plans fell through. But three months on, it feels destined to be one of those misfires we come back to time and again.

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I understand why they went for SZA when plans fell through. But three months on, it feels destined to be one of those misfires we come back to time and again.

Yeah - on paper it made sense. Easily the most logical act to bump up.  Just misfired is all.

20 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

Well if Isle of Wight headliners are anything to go by...Sting, Sterophonics and Timberlake...its going to be a poor year....

what’s the chances Sting has signed for glasto too then? 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

what’s the chances Sting has signed for glasto too then? 

Doubt the G would want him as a headliner - and if he's topping the bill elsewhere he'd maybe be justified in thinking that's his rightful slot.  Presumably he considers himself more a peer of Bono than of someone like Shania.

29 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

Well if Isle of Wight headliners are anything to go by...Sting, Sterophonics and Timberlake...its going to be a poor year....

I'd go and see Timberlake or Sting if they headlined El Pointo.  No mistake.  Seen Stereophonics a few times so not arsed, but a great live act nonetheless.  I don't think that's a particularly bad trio TBF.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Doubt the G would want him as a headliner - and if he's topping the bill elsewhere he'd maybe be justified in thinking that's his rightful slot.  Presumably he considers himself more a peer of Bono than of someone like Shania.

Yeah, It is a funny one.  He is massive and has some big songs.  He was playing Thetford forest this year though.  I don't think he would expect to headline the Pyramid though.  Would be a good name to have there though.

Glastonbury and IoW haven't shared a headliner since 2009. IoW also seem to have dropped down a peg or two in recent years with acts more likely to be Glastonbury subs than headliners (waits on someone say in Timberlake could headline). Yer Sting is also headlining Latitude, I can't see him appearing at all three.

48 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

I think we need to accept tht festivals are going to be relatively poor from now on. Top billing and middle billing anyway. 

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The number of young headliners in the same year, or how many albums they had, wasn't an issue in itself.

The problem was that a lot of people hadn't heard of one of them, and even amongst those who had not many were interested. Swap SZA out for one of numerous "young" headliners and it'd have been fine.

27 minutes ago, The Nal said:

I think we need to accept tht festivals are going to be relatively poor from now on. Top billing and middle billing anyway. 

IOW lineup gone to sh*t again - was pretty decent for this year

Its not representative of everywhere else - they just book rubbish. Plenty of fests continue to get good lineups

There's so many fests now everyone just gets shared out it seems - therefore weakening all lineups