2025 Headliners

58 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'd go and see Timberlake or Sting if they headlined El Pointo.  No mistake.  Seen Stereophonics a few times so not arsed, but a great live act nonetheless.  I don't think that's a particularly bad trio TBF.

Fair enough. I went last year so for me this is s tep down from Prodigy, PSB and Green Day.In my view

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Those rogue brackets get everywhere.

He's very much a man for the non-record buying public though. #7 with a new record is soft, which tells you where the commercial power is driven from instead.

Just to add on this - almost all acts now flog albums using tour access presales, record store shows etc (especially those with younger audiences who are less likely to buy albums)

His team for whatever reason have not pushed the album at all, 7 is soft but there has been literally zero effort put into trying to sell it for some reason.

No idea who released same week but with a proper push could have definitely got number one (just looked and this week's is snow patrol ffs)

23 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Snow Patrol midway down the Pyramid isn't implausible, to be fair.

I think Fred again... doesn't need to promo it perhaps though. Word-of-mouth hype on his event shows is what seems to drive his allure right now. In a way, he's an artist effectively beyond records.

Snow Patrol is exactly the kind of slot that in my head halfway down the Pyramid is far to big for them.   But in reality will be very popular, they are a top booking for the "I will not listen to any music that came out after 2008" crowd who always show up at Glastonbury in numbers 

Edited by Ben7amin_

3 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Snow Patrol is exactly the kind of slot that in my head halfway down the Pyramid is far to big for them.   But in reality will be very popular, they are a top booking for the "I will not listen to any music that came out after 2008" crowd who always show up at Glastonbury in numbers 

I was quite a fan of 2011's Fallen Empires, effectively the burble-burst album that indicated the last time they seemed to be big enough. Three nights at The O2 Arena on a sixteen-date UK tour, followed by headlining T in the Park in the summer.

Bar Called Out in the Dark, it's a record they seem to have wholly disowned, which feels a little strange when they will still unearth some of the more maudlin crap from Eyes Open and A Hundred Million Suns.

Open Your Eyes

Take Back the City

You're All I Have

4 All

Run

Crack the Shutters

This Isn't Everything You Are

Shut Your Eyes

The Beginning

10 Chocolate

11 Chasing Cars

12 Called Out in the Dark

13 Just Say Yes

17 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They were due to play the Other Stage in 2019 I think....?

Replaced by Charlatans at the last minuet if i remember, im pretty sure it was really late - as I walked past the set - and there were confused people wearing Snow Patrol tshirts there 

Edited by Ben7amin_

Replaced by Charlatans at the last minuet if i remember, im pretty sure it was really late - as I walked past the set - and there were confused people wearing Snow Patrol tshirts there 

Yeah we found out in the hotel on the Tuesday night, so anyone who didn't check before going in won't have known.

It was 3rd top on the Other I think? The sunset was incredible that day. Would've been a good slot for them 

Still think, if it is Fred again... and Olivia Rodrigo for the Friday and Saturday, you want someone of the Billy Joel mould - cross-generational appeal, singalongs for days - to close out Sunday.

They're obviously not doing it, and it would spark a lot of hand-wringing, but Oasis probably would fit the bill too. If Stevie Wonder is back on the market, give him a call too.

3 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

But in reality will be very popular, they are a top booking for the "I will not listen to any music that came out after 2008" crowd who always show up at Glastonbury in numbers 

Snow Patrol into Stereophonics Sunday evening and then a heritage act for headliner.  The perfect lineup for that crowd I reckon.  

8 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Snow Patrol into Stereophonics Sunday evening and then a heritage act for headliner.  The perfect lineup for that crowd I reckon.  

Can't argue with that. An hour of each, followed by Billy Joel. Singalongs for days, I tell you.

(It is very man, very white. Won't happen.)

Looks like download have teased Green Day with pushing their early bird tickets. Green fireworks in the picture and something about wake me in June...

https://www.kerrang.com/amp/are-download-festival-teasing-green-day-for-2025

I think several people thought they were going for download rather than glasto. Looks like it's fairly nailed on now. 

1 minute ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Looks like download have teased Green Day with pushing their early bird tickets. Green fireworks in the picture and something about wake me in June...

https://www.kerrang.com/amp/are-download-festival-teasing-green-day-for-2025

I think several people thought they were going for download rather than glasto. Looks like it's fairly nailed on now. 

It’s more where they belong 

• Upvote 1

My Theory is that after Elton John and the we will not get out the chairs no matter how big a crowd issues.

the Bookers pick acts that they think the (I will not listen to any music recorded after 2008 and the Picnic Blanket brigade) will hate to try and push them onto other stages - for that reason I do not think acts like Sterophonics will even be considered for sub Headliner anymore - This is just a theory 

My Theory is that after Elton John and the we will not get out the chairs no matter how big a crowd issues.

the Bookers pick acts that they think the (I will not listen to any music recorded after 2008 and the Picnic Blanket brigade) will hate to try and push them onto other stages - for that reason I do not think acts like Sterophonics will even be considered for sub Headliner anymore - This is just a theory 

I sincerely hope you’re right 

36 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

😴

This was not an endorsement, just the kind of regressive evening at the Pyramid that a big chunk of the audience would cream their jeans for. We live in a world where Rod Stewart has headlined and no one got shot for the decision.

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

It’s more where they belong 

Yeah,  I get it + don't disagree,  it looks like where they will be for a start, so must be where they belong. 

Traditionally they would seem a bit light for download but they seem willing to go for a poppier headliner nowadays. 

I still think they mainstream enough that they could play any of the major festivals really. Just not glasto next year it would seem. 

2 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

The thing is, the more of those types of people you’ve categorised there (😂) that they encourage to move away from the pyramid pre headliner, the more of a stampede they create when they return for a big headline act, especially on Sunday. 

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Still think, if it is Fred again... and Olivia Rodrigo for the Friday and Saturday, you want someone of the Billy Joel mould - cross-generational appeal, singalongs for days - to close out Sunday.

They're obviously not doing it, and it would spark a lot of hand-wringing, but Oasis probably would fit the bill too. If Stevie Wonder is back on the market, give him a call too.

was just going to say someone like stevie wonder before I finished reading your post.  The optics are right for three different headliners with both current acts and a legendary pro. 

3 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I think there may be an element of truth to that.

I was working on the Cockmill bar. We got swamped during Gypsy Kings on Sunday, but once they were done it cleared out quickly. Don’t know how it worked elsewhere, but I believe we got a lot of the chair and Picnic blanket brigade who were then straight out the gate and home after.