2025 Headliners

32 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The only thing I thought of was that the marigold gloves name came from someone who worked for WaterAid or on the cleanup crew.

It's better than anything I came up with! 

3 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Are Biffy big enough to sub these days? Seems like it would be another situation like this year where the Pyramid is half empty because its not 2011 anymore.

Don't start Andre off, it's a good job he doesn't go. In reality for me, they've not made a decent record since 2013 and that should have been pulled into a single one.

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Here it is! 😊

Yeah they haven't just written hag with no info, far too much made up detail and all 3 of them you wouldn't put it past. Going for two female headliners again though is questionable but size wise isn't Olivia is still the biggest crowd pullet they can book their in my view.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

...are all songs that they shouldn't play if they want to knock a terrific hour out of the park.

To be honest 4 of those are stone wall inclusions. 

20 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Overwhelmed due to behavior entirely of her own making, she did this to herself. By all means go take time off, but don't tell me she's cut out for this line of work.

get stalkers and your family doxxed within a fee months of becoming very famous and let us know how you would adjust. This is magnified more because she is queer and the fanbase is taking their apparent "ownership" of her to another level. Its been like this for queer artists recently and its very toxic.

People are upset that she isnt tip toeing around her political views and just giving the party line. Calling out both sides bullshit isnt wrong. Her even mentioning that she has family that have conservative views and that she still loves them seemed to be the final straw. Youre supposed to cast them out or somehow convince them otherwise or youre not doing your job. People are stupid.

in regards to her management and such, yeah, theyve not done the best about certain things. But put it on the label cause they didnt give a sh*t about her a year ago. They shouldve stepped in right after the Olivia tour and gotten some experienced people to deal with sh*t. She has said she is taking a break through the spring but I wont be surprised if she does indeed stop. If she cancels her festival show next weekend its very much over I think.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

get stalkers and your family doxxed within a fee months of becoming very famous and let us know how you would adjust. This is magnified more because she is queer and the fanbase is taking their apparent "ownership" of her to another level. Its been like this for queer artists recently and its very toxic.

People are upset that she isnt tip toeing around her political views and just giving the party line. Calling out both sides bullshit isnt wrong. Her even mentioning that she has family that have conservative views and that she still loves them seemed to be the final straw. Youre supposed to cast them out or somehow convince them otherwise or youre not doing your job. People are stupid.

in regards to her management and such, yeah, theyve not done the best about certain things. But put it on the label cause they didnt give a sh*t about her a year ago. They shouldve stepped in right after the Olivia tour and gotten some experienced people to deal with sh*t. She has said she is taking a break through the spring but I wont be surprised if she does indeed stop. If she cancels her festival show next weekend its very much over I think.

I agree with most of the above, but she really should have just stepped away from social media once the initial backlash started. Enough other new artists know better than to feed the trolls. Her performing at ATG would have been a much more mature response to all her c**ty "fans" and haters.

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

Don't start Andre off, it's a good job he doesn't go. In reality for me, they've not made a decent record since 2013 and that should have been pulled into a single one.

To be honest 4 of those are stone wall inclusions. 

If I'm being honest, the setlist from Halifax the other week was as near as perfect as you'll get to "commercial"-era Biffy - pulls all the hits from Only Revolutions, takes the choice singles from Ellipsis and A Celebration of Endings and adds a couple of great album tracks into the mix - but I do miss the inclusion of a few from the earlier days. Stingin' Belle has done its time, but each to their own.