2025 Headliners

I think there is some degree of risk with whacking 3 female stadium acts in the same year

The pool is about what - 20% of the male pool, it could mess them up for future years and lead to a repeat of the 2022 blokefest. Would be an unreal trio tho what was mentioned

30 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Apologies I assumed it was a direct quote 

No need for you to apologise, it’s the crappy paper misleading everyone 😀

Thats how it all gets twisted though. The Sun story got copied by Somerset Live and the Evening Standards website because of the way these things recirculate. I could see on a Google Search it getting reposted on Reddit etc. It then kind of becomes accepted as truth.

28 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Much easier I would say as well to book 3 male stadium acts.

Just for instance, what are people saying if Emily booked Olivia, Beyonce and Adele as that's probably what we're talking about for 3 female acts that can headline stadiums acts in the UK to play. How would that go down? I would only watch one now, I can't see it going down well but you're probably booking the 3 biggest female artists in the world.

I’d like to think it would go over well, that’s a good mix of genres. But there would be plenty of people unhappy. There always is-see 2023

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

The word got tipped on here before the ticket sale, so must have been October-ish.

Yeah, all 3 of the eventual headliners had been named on here as likely by October, and all of them by people with credibility.

Arctics people accepted pretty much along. Elton the initial doubts were mainly due to his previous record of playing nearby and swerving the festival and the (as best I can tell unfounded) belief he hated the festival for some reason or another. But then he got announced first, in December so that was a "done deal".

GnR there were doubts over mainly because of the bizarre and sh*tty one man campaign to try and discredit the person who brought the information, which I have to think is the only reason there's a perception they were booked late. They definitely weren't a late replacement by any standard.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MEGABOWL said:

I’d like to think it would go over well, that’s a good mix of genres. But there would be plenty of people unhappy. There always is-see 2023

It's not going to please people outside of the female pop world though on the whole is it? It would be for a set of 3 probably my ideal females 3 but I don't think I'm in a minority of people that would say where is the alternative options. Male stadium acts have a broader range. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmmm.   Suggests that if something is happening next year it's coming under a new banner.

Though no idea what that means for the Manchester dates.

No refunds issued there yet, from what I understand, so assume they are still happening.

Unless she is making an immediate leap into a summer festival/stadium tour and combines the two into a night at Old Trafford Cricket Ground.

5 hours ago, northernangel said:

It's not going to please people outside of the female pop world though on the whole is it? It would be for a set of 3 probably my ideal females 3 but I don't think I'm in a minority of people that would say where is the alternative options. Male stadium acts have a broader range. 

They’re very very different artists in different genres