2025 Headliners

1 minute ago, foolee said:

Are we thinking Olivia Rodrigo and Fred Again are the most two likely now then? If so I’d imagine it’ll have to be someone like Stevie Wonder alongside those two unless Emily wants two female headliners again. 

There is still no contact from O-Rod over the Manchester gigs - checked in with a friend who is holding tickets -  I still think that if she is planning to do them (and is headlining Glastonbury)  - They will be the same week 

It would be too obvious to drop these gig dates now - so I could imagine she has been hold the back until after ticket sales day -  Obviously some of her fans who have tickets are getting al ittle pissed of at it now - so She can not hold on too much longer 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

There is still no contact from O-Rod over the Manchester gigs - checked in with a friend who is holding tickets -  I still think that if she is planning to do them (and is headlining Glastonbury)  - They will be the same week 

It would be too obvious to drop these gig dates now - so I could imagine she has been hold the back until after ticket sales day -  Obviously some of her fans who have tickets are getting al ittle pissed of at it now - so She can not hold on too much longer 

The fact these haven’t been cancelled and refunded tends to lead to the fact she will play/be touring next year. As you’ve mentioned, the same week would make sense. Almost like warm up shows for it. 

2 minutes ago, foolee said:

The fact these haven’t been cancelled and refunded tends to lead to the fact she will play/be touring next year. As you’ve mentioned, the same week would make sense. Almost like warm up shows for it. 

It's possible - but if she's doing e.g. Coachella and the G it'll be a different set-up to the Guts tour - so dunno if what she'll be using for the festival's can also be used for the indoor gigs.

46 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's possible - but if she's doing e.g. Coachella and the G it'll be a different set-up to the Guts tour - so dunno if what she'll be using for the festival's can also be used for the indoor gigs.

Be interesting to see how different the sets are because apart from the bit where she was swung out over the crowd the GUTS Tour stage would translate perfectly to a festival

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Are we thinking Olivia Rodrigo and Fred Again are the most two likely now then? If so I’d imagine it’ll have to be someone like Stevie Wonder alongside those two unless Emily wants two female headliners again. 

I think it's that set in I wouldn't bet against it. If Fred wasn't lined up I don't think he does that secret set. Obviously the Glastonbury on sale date is going to be November again and that'll be sold out before the dates are announced. It's not like they require buying.

I don't think they'll go for Stevie first given health issues but I think Rihanna is still a shocker. Terrible set of tops for but that's me. Reason that's a bit more of an issue is going my previous years and this year there isn't many options for me on other stages. I am looking for Eric to headline Arcadia or something again though.

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

she could play an outdoor show in manchester potentially in june 

6 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

she could play an outdoor show in manchester potentially in june 

Not impossible I guess. Dunno if she's quite stadium / Heaton Park level at this point in her career though, so would need to be a sort of medium sized one.  And obviously a pisser for folk with the Coop tickets.

4 hours ago, foolee said:

There does appear to be a correlation between people suggesting it’s Fred and people who’d love it to be Fred. I’m not suggesting it’s not legit (I have no inside info) but wishful thinking seems to be a factor.

I think O-Rod is far more likely, and Stevie seems to be in the frame (but why?!). The third one is up in the mix, I reckon. 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not impossible I guess. Dunno if she's quite stadium / Heaton Park level at this point in her career though, so would need to be a sort of medium sized one.  And obviously a pisser for folk with the Coop tickets.

2 nights at that big arena which I guess sold out quickly can't be too far off Heaton Park level. That said, I just cannot picture her playing Heaton park, not sure why - probs cause i associate that place with the courtneers.

3 minutes ago, kalifire said:

There does appear to be a correlation between people suggesting it’s Fred and people who’d love it to be Fred. I’m not suggesting it’s not legit (I have no inside info) but wishful thinking seems to be a factor.

Of all the myriad artists it could be I dunno if Fred is anyone's absolute #1 heart's desire.  At least not when compared to someone like Gaga.  However, beyond wishful thinking there have been a couple of folk saying flatly - here and elsewhere - that he's locked in.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Of all the myriad artists it could be I dunno if Fred is anyone's absolute #1 heart's desire.  At least not when compared to someone like Gaga.  However, beyond wishful thinking there have been a couple of folk saying flatly - here and elsewhere - that he's locked in.

I dunno, the last I heard was that he’s a lock if acts they’d prefer can’t commit. Either way, the mere suggestion that it’s not Fred’s time yet gets some people spitting.

Just now, kalifire said:

I dunno, the last I heard was that he’s a lock if acts they’d prefer can’t commit. Either way, the mere suggestion that it’s not Fred’s time yet gets some people 

Maybe there's a camp wanting a Fred headline show so bad that they start to manifest it - but the camp that accepts he's big enough and it's a decent booking* - without being massively wowed by it - is likely far bigger.

(*not to say a hopefully cost effective one)

17 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I think O-Rod is far more likely, and Stevie seems to be in the frame (but why?!). The third one is up in the mix, I reckon. 

I could see it Fred is the 4th choice then Olivia and Rihanna being in.

I swear I keep seeing the Rihanna new album and world tour to drop imminently mentioned in the media. 

It must happen soon. I guess there is just gonna be one day where the details are out and it will either look like Glastonbury or it wont. 

I do agree with what everyone is saying about Fred. It feels like it's been talked about as a certainty so much that everyone has assumed its happened. Probably worth checking if there is any actual info. Could easily be a manifestation.  I think he is big enough to headline and he would want to and is affordable... does not actually mean its happening 

I agree that O-Rod is certainly seems the most likely as it stands

Edited by AVALON.G

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though - as far I'm aware - O-Rod is actually the only one on the main shortlist who there's no scuttlebutt on and is on the list purely through vibes alone.

Guy in the r&l section hinted she’s playing another U.K. fest other than reading and he’s got previous good info