2025 Headliners

21 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I'd like to know how many of us have seen Eminem and what the verdict is.

Saw him at V festival (rip) in 2011 and he was incredibly disappointing. Mimed all the way through. However, Rihanna (who ‘supported’ him) was surprisingly very good. 😬

39 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I’ve seen him twice and he’s decent enough. I think of all the genres Hip Hop is the one that translates the worst to a live show but having seen a lot of rappers live he is better than most. 

First time was that chainsaw tour in the 2003 and I was 13 so would have lapped up anything he did back then so can’t judge fairly. I absolutely loved it at the time though. We were sat side of stage and I go a high five off Bizarre as they walked off, made my whole year back then. Wouldn’t care at all now. 

Saw him at Wembley as an adult maybe ten years ago and he was good. Dre came out for the encore which was fun and Odd Future were great in support. 

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I found Eminem to be good unless you directly saw what he was doing on stage and that took away some of the performance as you saw how much of it isn't actually live and it's been like that for a while.

I thought the chances of Eminem playing were slim (no pun intended) before the dates announced for October.  Now I think it's non-existent.

I'm not sure what I'd think about him headlining next year, or any year for that matter.  Clearly a huge artist so I'm not saying he doesn't have the credentials to do it, but I'm not sure I'd bother watching him.  Culturally, we've moved on so much since his million-selling prime and the lyrics from the early 00's stuff just seem childish and inappropriate for 2024-5.  He'd be obliged to play the hits though, so suspect it might be a bit cringeworthy.

I'm not huge on hip hop anyway, but would be nowhere near to top of my list.  I've seen RTJ, De La Soul, Pharcyde and Jurassic 5 who would be near the top so it would inevitably pale in comparison.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I thought the chances of Eminem playing were slim (no pun intended) before the dates announced for October.  Now I think it's non-existent.

I'm not sure what I'd think about him headlining next year, or any year for that matter.  Clearly a huge artist so I'm not saying he doesn't have the credentials to do it, but I'm not sure I'd bother watching him.  Culturally, we've moved on so much since his million-selling prime and the lyrics from the early 00's stuff just seem childish and inappropriate for 2024-5.  He'd be obliged to play the hits though, so suspect it might be a bit cringeworthy.

I'm not huge on hip hop anyway, but would be nowhere near to top of my list.  I've seen RTJ, De La Soul, Pharcyde and Jurassic 5 who would be near the top so it would inevitably pale in comparison.

I can't see Eminem being someone who Glastonbury would book but he's undoubtedly the biggest deal as a hip hop artist and rapper if it happened that they could get.

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Seen him twice, T 2011 and Reading 13. Thought he was brilliant both times, don’t get the hate. He uses a backing track but rappers tend to. 

Imagine if Billy Joel did break his rule though and stuck around that one extra week.

Might go stand outside his house and boom-box The Longest Time at him until he does so.

Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)

Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)

The Entertainer

My Life

Vienna

Don't Ask Me Why

Just the Way You Are

The Longest Time

Allentown

10 She's Always a Woman

11 The Downeaster "Alexa

12 New York State of Mind

13 The River of Dreams