2025 Headliners

I mean Rihanna is (google tells me) 1.5 Billion. The diference between a Glasto payday and a BST one is a good as pocket change for her at this point I doubt money would be a factor in her booking its probably if anything what does she want to do in terms of legacy and I should think Glastonbury thumps BST when it comes to that.  

I think when you factor in the fact that they had her in the bag to a certain extent in 2023 before having to pull out to be replaced by GnR. This is her first opportunity to play since then. A new album and a world tour is confirmed. 

I would say it's hard to not see her as one of the most obvious candidates. 

She has achieved about all you can in music and a Glastonbury headline slot is about the only big thing you can say she has not done. 

54 minutes ago, AVALON.G said:

I mean Rihanna is (google tells me) 1.5 Billion. The diference between a Glasto payday and a BST one is a good as pocket change for her at this point I doubt money would be a factor in her booking its probably if anything what does she want to do in terms of legacy and I should think Glastonbury thumps BST when it comes to that.  

I think when you factor in the fact that they had her in the bag to a certain extent in 2023 before having to pull out to be replaced by GnR. This is her first opportunity to play since then. A new album and a world tour is confirmed. 

I would say it's hard to not see her as one of the most obvious candidates. 

She has achieved about all you can in music and a Glastonbury headline slot is about the only big thing you can say she has not done. 

At this point I think they have got Rihanna and Olivia with Fred being a second choice if another pulls put but those 3 are what I'd put currently on now. Rihanna will do or for the lower fee if she was going to anyway. It's a tick box for her career rather than the money. I'd suspect Olivia is doing it alongside BST.

The reason I think Olivia will be Friday and Rihanna Sunday is to split the female acts. 

26 minutes ago, northernangel said:

At this point I think they have got Rihanna and Olivia with Fred being a second choice if another pulls put but those 3 are what I'd put currently on now. Rihanna will do or for the lower fee if she was going to anyway. It's a tick box for her career rather than the money. I'd suspect Olivia is doing it alongside BST.

The reason I think Olivia will be Friday and Rihanna Sunday is to split the female acts. 

To me it seems like they are at out ahead of the others.  

Maybe can't rule out a candidate that has not been spoken about yet entering the Convo. 

3 hours ago, Olshansky said:

the biggest red flag about The Post is that they called Sza a mistake.  The glasto team is too positive to ever use that word or one like it.  They'd say "premature" at most, but would stand behind it. 

Whichever word is used it was true. She was booked to play BST so it's have to say it was premature but then so are other acts who wouldn't get close. A mistake because it was the wrong booking for her crowd.

1 hour ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Everyone’s going to sh*t the bed when B*Witched announce a tour with a Glasto shaped hole in it.

The funny thing with this is, you would if you were being sensible as Glastonbury bookers and look at the crowd chaos sugababes caused on that stage, you would be looking to book a pop act that won't create it. It's not out of the realms. I can see sugababes returning though onto the Pyramid or at least the other stage.

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

See, it's convincing Rihanna on the legacy aspect. She's no history with the festival and I'd argue that to some performers, Glastonbury won't feel like their kettle of fish. 

A big one if she agrees, absolutely. 

If she's been lined up before but pulled due to pregnancy I can't see why she wouldn't agree. I don't see it as massive because she's not only failed to sell her last huge tour but actually cancelled it due to sales. I saw her at T in 2013 as it wasn't great.

13 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

See, it's convincing Rihanna on the legacy aspect. She's no history with the festival and I'd argue that to some performers, Glastonbury won't feel like their kettle of fish. 

A big one if she agrees, absolutely. 

See I feel like Glastonbury has over the last 15 years or so has become, a bucket list once and done festival headline performance for lots of big or mega artists. I think a lot of artists want to do it for the prestige of having done it and because it is the iconic festival worldwide along with Woodstock, which obviously doesn't exist now and is unlikely to happen again. Coachella is probably its closest rival, but with it being more corporate and less alternative without a stage as iconic as the Pyramid it isn't seen as being a big. Think the fetishisation of British people in the US and bits of Canada helps with it's standing too.