2025 Headliners

Ed Sheeran doing the rounds this morning as headliner.

You can't deny his popularity but I'd rather stare into the abyss of the long drops for 2hours quite frankly. His music is just too soppy for me but I think he'd be a lot better if he employed an actual band and stopped being such a cheap skate. Those loop pedals are so bleeding annoying. The sound just isn't the same as a real live band. 

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If Rihanna is out and Eminem has declined the offer maybe there is some substance to the Styles rumour.

Though a headline trio of Fred / Liv / Hazza would definitely turn some elderly faces an even deeper shade of mauve.

At this point I can see it being in a crash course in headliners anyway for me. I can't see past liv and Rihanna.

But I don't see Rihanna saying no to Coachella as anything to do with Glastonbury. Kenny accepted Galsto. Just says that Coachella wanted Kenny, Liv and Rihanna....I mean it's Coachella...it's not out for the realms these days.

2 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Lad is cheap. If Sheeran being booked helps secure a greater spread across the board elsewhere, all for it.

Is he?  I mean we can maybe assume that cos he doesn't have a band and relatively spare production, but its not a given that he'd be a bargain to book.

I still don't see it cos if the German dates.  I mean, he maybe shows up in a Churnups type slot....

4 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

You can't deny his popularity but I'd rather stare into the abyss of the long drops for 2hours quite frankly. His music is just too soppy for me but I think he'd be a lot better if he employed an actual band and stopped being such a cheap skate. Those loop pedals are so bleeding annoying. The sound just isn't the same as a real live band. 

It's been discussed - Sheeran isn't technically ruled out by dates in Germany, but might as well be. He's definitely not headlining Glastonbury 2025 unless the date is changed for either the festival or one of his concerts.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is he?  I mean we can maybe assume that cos he doesn't have a band and relatively spare production, but its not a given that he'd be a bargain to book.

I still don't see it cos if the German dates.  I mean, he maybe shows up in a Churnups type slot....

Thought by accounts he plays for mates rates a la Coldplay - enough to cover production and the band. (He now has a band.)

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The link I saw (Daily Mail so not included) was suggesting exactly that-a’special slot’ on the Friday

That story seems to have originated in The Sun, and reading the link to the other article on it a few pages back (Music Week?) it looks like bollocks.

How many acts have The Sun and The Mail reported are "in talks to headline" so far this year?

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dunno if he has quite the history that they do  He's not got that deep a track record.

Nobody does, to be fair.

Either way, imagine he'd not blow the bank. Remember chat being he was comfortably the cheapest in '17, which - yes, solo act and pedals, but he was also the biggest artists in the world at that point.

Ok you guys have convinced me that Rhianna is the third - it does make sense if she was planning to release the album and do Glastonbury in '23 but delayed it due to pregnancy, that she would follow through with her plans. She probably wants to remain relevant, and she knows Beyonce and Jay Z well who have both had great successes on the farm.

Olivia Rodrigo has definitely been building up to this headline slot since she performed a few years ago - notably absent from appearing in '24 in the same way Dua Lipa was in '23.

Fred again is clearly a massive favourite with the Glastonbury Crowd, and a good booking for the GF, perfect for a Friday headliner, the only reason he won't be headlining is if someone bigger comes along to take his place. but this boat seems to be sailing with all the big names rulling themselves out in turn.

Friday.                                Saturday.                          Sunday
image.thumb.png.6002d1309dc232f6ca882c8618c94735.pngimage.thumb.png.507e2fad9211fa7c3189d3d8182b3b32.pngimage.thumb.png.696e7c1c81fdb2bcb220c12b733b67db.png

Edited by Wildglastotheo

48 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

Here’s a preview of your headliner

3C1764CE-0967-4D69-BF9A-85338823E957.thumb.jpeg.ec595df807b04450a394ea1c8bec4e97.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Just now, itschris said:

Personally, and just to add a differing voice to the previous few dozen pages, 🤣🤣

I'd love to see a repeat, but reversal of Sunday 2019, The Cure in the legends slot and give Kylie her time as headliner.

Bit unimaginative bringing back two of your biggies from one year, though not perhaps unheard of.

I had vaguely wondered if Kylie could well be the one who moves from Legends to Headliner one day, given she still has some serious current credibility.

18 minutes ago, Wildglastotheo said:

Ok you guys have convinced me that Rhianna is the third - it does make sense if she was planning to release the album and do Glastonbury in '23 but delayed it due to pregnancy, that she would follow through with her plans. She probably wants to remain relevant, and she knows Beyonce and Jay Z well who have both had great successes on the farm.

Olivia Rodrigo has definitely been building up to this headline slot since she performed a few years ago - notably absent from appearing in '24 in the same way Dua Lipa was in '23.

Fred again is clearly a massive favourite with the Glastonbury Crowd, and a good booking for the GF, perfect for a Friday headliner, the only reason he won't be headlining is if someone bigger comes along to take his place. but this boat seems to be sailing with all the big names rulling themselves out in turn.

Friday.                                Saturday.                          Sunday
image.thumb.png.6002d1309dc232f6ca882c8618c94735.pngimage.thumb.png.507e2fad9211fa7c3189d3d8182b3b32.pngimage.thumb.png.696e7c1c81fdb2bcb220c12b733b67db.png

Was Rihanna meant to be a 2023 shoe-in? Was it her who bailed and gave us GNR?

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Was Rihanna meant to be a 2023 shoe-in? Was it her who bailed and gave us GNR?

It's thought that happened, but it would have been at least 9 months before the festival.

Fender makes more sense, given he's surely cab two or three off the rank when it comes "young homegrown headliner options who haven't topped the bill before". (Harry Styles, with his stadium shenanigans, is #1, and then Fred Again is basically a toss-up with the Geordie boy.)

Is Glastonbury in danger of damaging its reputation? Serious question.

With the poor line up last year particularly following the SZA fall out and the possibility of a poor set of headliners this year, is the esteem and distinction of the festival as one of the best in the world at threat? We know there's more to Glastonbury than the headliners but the public often judge it by the top row. If the general public lose interest, does the festival suffer?