2025 Headliners

I am still impressed Dua has parlayed it into a stadium tour. Genuinely didn't think she was on the level, but then, what do I know.

I will say that a trio of Olivia Rodrigo / Fred again... / Rihanna would cover a few bases, but again, I just can't shake it on Rihanna. Where is the news she is definitely touring next year coming from? Is there any obligation for her to honour the deal if she was on the board for 2023? All that stuff.

(I'm probably just grouchy because she wouldn't play Disturbia, a top-ten banger.)

17 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I just can't shake it on Rihanna. Where is the news she is definitely touring next year coming from? Is there any obligation for her to honour the deal if she was on the board for 2023? All that stuff.

(I'm probably just grouchy because she wouldn't play Disturbia, a top-ten banger.)

I don't think there's anything linking her to the festival, and the news this morning that she turned down presumably a shedload of cash to headline Coachella strongly suggests she'll look at Glastonbury's iffer and burst out laughing.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think there's anything linking her to the festival, and the news this morning that she turned down presumably a shedload of cash to headline Coachella strongly suggests she'll look at Glastonbury's iffer and burst out laughing.

When you're net worth exceeds £1 billion, do you even make decisions based on money?  

4 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Could Fred be Other headliner material, rather than Pyramid, is the thing I keep thinking.

he absolutely should be, his monthly spotify listeners are less than a quarter of what SZA has, he's released two (proper) studio albums and is the very definition of a flavour of the month artist. Also part of the royal family and has massively benefited from nepotism, which has undoubtedly helped his meteoric rise. Not that it really matters but it does add to my dislike of him, that and the fact he seems very smug too

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tickleyt said:

he absolutely should be, his monthly spotify listeners are less than a quarter of what SZA has, he's released two (proper) studio albums and is the very definition of a flavour of the month artist. Also part of the royal family and has massively benefited from nepotism, which has undoubtedly helped his meteoric rise. Not that it really matters but it does add to my dislike of him, that and the fact he seems very smug too

Shows why Spotify streams do not correlate to headliner crowds. He's very far from my taste but I'm certain he'd draw a more than decent crowd at the Pyramid.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tickleyt said:

SZA showed us that monthly Spotify listeners is a pointless metric to use.   

There was more people at his Other sub set than her Pyramid headline set. 

58 minutes ago, stuie said:

No.

Very worst case scenario is that SZA has made ticket day ever so slightly easier for you all, but I doubt it would even have that much impact.  The people who are really bothered about the Pyramid headliners will still remember the Elton and Coldplay ginormocrowds. 

I watched some of the Coldplay set having a drink Saturday night and it looks AMAZING on the TV

id be willing to bet if you could see spotify listens split by region in stead of a global figure -  SZA probably would not be so far ahead of Fred Again.   Id be willing to bet (absolutely no way to check).  if you could see just UK streaming figures Fred would have more than SZA - who I guarantee is mostly US listeners 

My main reservation about Stevie Wonder is that he has had a few years of health issues and he is no doubt a great get if they could guarantee it but it would be a high risk booking. 

Can you imagine if ended up being O Rod - Fred + late Stevie replacement. That would be bad...

For that reason I think they will steer clear. 

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

SZA showed us that monthly Spotify listeners is a pointless metric to use.   

There was more people at his Other sub set than her Pyramid headline set. 

You're not wrong, but it was used to score points against her and justify why she was a poor booking (something I disagreed with) for a lot of folk on here, so it's only fair the same metric should be used against future headliners. 

I would also say comparing the crowd sizes of the two artists, performing on different stages at different times of day at different points in their careers, is also a pointless metric and one that is open to interpretation a lot more than spotify listeners.

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

That Stereophonics tour could play a part. White guys with guitars and more than a few hits - could be a gift for the Sunday locals after SZA and Kendrick in recent years…

I think the Isle of Wight headline slot rules them out of headlining, though there's nothing to say they can't do the Other or second top if IOW contracts don't rule them out of that type of slot. They're not available on the Saturday but the other two are possibilities, they're doing 3 nights in a row at the start of June, though Glasgow to Glastonbury is a bit further than those ones!

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think there's anything linking her to the festival, and the news this morning that she turned down presumably a shedload of cash to headline Coachella strongly suggests she'll look at Glastonbury's offer and burst out laughing.

Bang on my thoughts. What is the actual reason for her to do it at this juncture?