2025 Headliners

16 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Ha, I didn’t realise Stereophonics were playing IoW. Not unheard of for bands to do Glastonbury and then Hyde Park, so wouldn’t have thought any difference for Finsbury!

Glastonbury/HP and Glastonbury/Finsbury I think are combos that have both been done tbf. But yeah an IOW/Glasto/Finsbury/Cardiff run feels like oversaturation for Stereos. So they've probably made their bed for this year.

26 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Kylie is on tour and in O2 early June. Know she’s been in the Legend slot already but could also see O-Rod - Fred - Kylie as a possibility? She’s had a few hits since 2019 but maybe not enough for a completely different set though. 

Think she’d have been a great shout if she hadn’t done ‘19

On Fred, I don't think it's out of the conversation that he could headline Other. If C&S are believe to be good to headline one of the Reading days after MK Bowl/a venue that similarly Fred could have done for example instead of Reading and they would be a Other headliner then he could. 

O-Rod, Fred, Rihanna would still be my guess though.

Edited by northernangel

9 minutes ago, northernangel said:

On Fred, I don't think it's out of the conversation that he could headline Other. If C&S are believe to be good to headline one of the Reading days after MK Bowl/a venue that similarly Fred could have done for example instead of Reading and they would be a Other headliner then he could. 

My opinion is well known, but I don't think he'd have a super small crowd at either so is a fairly safe chess piece for the festival. 

Just now, Superscally said:

My opinion is well known, but I don't think he'd have a super small crowd at either so is a fairly safe chess piece for the festival. 

I don't believe after his small show this year that he's not being lined up on some way. The fact of how much of a different act he is, is exactly the reason Eavis will book him too.

I think it shows a directly for the festival for me far from where I go long term though. It would explain why Fontaines and Yungblud are two apparent subs they've attempted to go for too. 

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I don't think there's anything linking her to the festival, and the news this morning that she turned down presumably a shedload of cash to headline Coachella strongly suggests she'll look at Glastonbury's iffer and burst out laughing.

Don't you think maybe she might have just turned Coachella down purely cause it's too early in the year - and that her tour isn't ready for then?

Might not be about the money. It sounds like she was booked initially for 2023, and pulled out due to pregnancy. Sounds like it's not to do with money, part of me thinks maybe Glastonbury 2025 was already pencilled in for her a while ago and Coachella just didn't work with her touring plans. There seems to be a lot of news articles about a big tour next year including Glastonbury specifically, from British and American sources, they must be coming from somewhere.

Edited by Acid_Haze

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

It sounds like she was booked initially for 2023, and pulled out due to pregnancy. 

Trying to recall the source for this. I dunno if it's gospel....

We got the GnR booking in October 2022.  I'm no obstetrician but the timing doesn't really stack up.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Trying to recall the source for this. I dunno if it's gospel....

We got the GnR booking in October 2022.  I'm no obstetrician but the timing doesn't really stack up.

Timing for the second kid doesn't work.

If, as EE has stated in interviews, they try to pencil acts in 2 years ahead, the timing could fit for the first kid.

So if she'd provisionally agreed in mid / late 2021 for the 2023 festival, it'd be before the pregnancy happened - the kid was born in May 2022 so plenty of time to change her mind about touring either during the pregnancy or after giving birth.

So that'd be "new mum" rather than "pregnant", but it could certainly fit for an intended but cancelled tour that would have included Glastonbury.

We've had the consensus in here that Sheeran's German shows and the rumour of Olivia Rodrigo doing the only night Sheeran was free on Glasto weekend ruled him out, right? Because I stumbled across the Glastonbury Reddit and they've taken the Metro article as conviction he is doing a headline slot on Radio 1's Big Pyramid Takeover.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

We've had the consensus in here that Sheeran's German shows and the rumour of Olivia Rodrigo doing the only night Sheeran was free on Glasto weekend ruled him out, right? Because I stumbled across the Glastonbury Reddit and they've taken the Metro article as conviction he is doing a headline slot on Radio 1's Big Pyramid Takeover.

Sheeran was never going to be playing regardless of O-Rod taking his only "free" night tbh.

I keep banging this drum at various times, but I find it generally holds true -

People often look at a tour and say "well he's got a free day and XYZ is only a 2 hour flight away, of course he can do it". Sure - technically he can, but that's not a useful way of looking at it.

The question I'd ask is more along the lines of - if a Glastonbury headline slot was on the cards, why wouldn't the other dates have been scheduled in a more complementary fashion - ie. leaving a gap of a day or two to make the schedule more balanced and the logistics easier? It's something that could have been done and if he was actually playing Glastonbury likely would have been done.

The obviously exception to that is if plans change and someone is a late booking, but I don't think that would be at play here.

16 minutes ago, incident said:

Sheeran was never going to be playing regardless of O-Rod taking his only "free" night tbh.

I keep banging this drum at various times, but I find it generally holds true -

People often look at a tour and say "well he's got a free day and XYZ is only a 2 hour flight away, of course he can do it". Sure - technically he can, but that's not a useful way of looking at it.

The question I'd ask is more along the lines of - if a Glastonbury headline slot was on the cards, why wouldn't the other dates have been scheduled in a more complementary fashion - ie. leaving a gap of a day or two to make the schedule more balanced and the logistics easier? It's something that could have been done and if he was actually playing Glastonbury likely would have been done.

The obviously exception to that is if plans change and someone is a late booking, but I don't think that would be at play here.

Well Sheeran not having a UK show so far makes it an easy highlight for someone, I absolutely agree - surely leaving that weekend free rather than sticking two shows in Stuttgart is the way you'd do it to say that you're absolutely heading for the farm.