2025 Headliners

25 minutes ago, stuie said:

someone from the other place who's now having a laugh at it being made a recommended post. 

I’ve thought this the whole time but I have to admit The Post got Orod Friday correct which no one had previously predicted the day, so so far The Post is correct.

I’m kinda rooting for The Post to be correct because it’s the funniest and strangest outcome, but I’m sad that means no Pulp.

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Fred was pushed by one very emphatic poster at the same time Emily was on record saying no headliners were confirmed. That fact seems to hve been lost to endless discussions about whether he’s big or musically appropriate enough to do it.

As far as I recall, nobody credible has offered any reliable information that he’s “locked in”. 

Probably why the post you've quoted says "likely" rather than "locked in"

15 minutes ago, assorted said:

I’ve thought this the whole time but I have to admit The Post got Orod Friday correct which no one had previously predicted the day, so so far The Post is correct.

I’m kinda rooting for The Post to be correct because it’s the funniest and strangest outcome, but I’m sad that means no Pulp.

Hang on, think I'm missing something. Nothing's been announced, so how are we saying Rodrigo on the Friday is correct? As far as I can see it's the same as any speculation on this place but with fancier handwriting.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Hang on, think I'm missing something. Nothing's been announced, so how are we saying Rodrigo on the Friday is correct? As far as I can see it's the same as any speculation on this place but with fancier handwriting.

Someone with a good recent track record of solid scoops (most notably the Oasis tour) posted about it yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Not because of that load of waffle. But because @mufcok said it, and has a decent track record.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Someone with a good recent track record of solid scoops (most notably the Oasis tour) posted about it yesterday.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Not because of that load of waffle. But because @mufcok said it, and has a decent track record.

Ok ta. So we're still operating on info, but the info's getting more reliable.

22 minutes ago, assorted said:

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Two of the biggest running options we have are Olivia and Rihanna....if both play it's not going to be on consecutive says. Even if Fred wasn't the Saturday which I think currently he will be and the youngsters will lap it up, I don't think it'll be 3 female. We've always also seen how the female would try to work two females headliners with a gap. All 3 headliners though for me don't appeal to a higher age bracket but that is no shock given recent years how it's going. I think we are likely to have a much older overall setting on the other stage.

1 minute ago, incident said:

I've not even seen where he said it but that's enough for me.

Seriously reconsidering going back to gold membership. sh*tty arguments have largely done one and massively convoluted levels of conjecture, research, inside info and anonymous scoop posting are back in vogue.

Fair warms the cockles so it does.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Can definitely see it being Olivia Rodrigo Friday, Fred Again Saturday and Rihanna Sunday with Stevie Wonder as back-up in case Rihanna falls through.

20 hours ago, nikkic said:

If Stevie is even remotely gettable then he’d surely be option A and not a back up.

Sack for Fred and have a trio of Stevie, Rihanna and O Rod. 

Yes I can see it being the option of Rihanna and Stevie will depend on how his health is closer with Fred actually being the one to take the back seat. It's going to be out of those 4 though I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Apart from ORod being corroborated ( but still not formally confirmed) what else is coming true?

There's less solid info on Fred, but there are also a couple of leads on it.  Plus he just makes so much logical sense as a move - he's next year's Dua Lipa.  By process of elimination he'll be on the Saturday as they won't want to risk another early exodus.

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably why the post you've quoted says "likely" rather than "locked in"

There’s been plenty of speculation that Fred is locked in, and any time it’s questioned the conversation resorts to whether or not he’s able to fill that position. The reliability of the initial info is forgotten. I still think it’s questionable. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

There's less solid info on Fred, but there are also a couple of leads on it.  Plus he just makes so much logical sense as a move - he's next year's Dua Lipa.  By process of elimination he'll be on the Saturday as they won't want to risk another early exodus.

I repeat...

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Seriously reconsidering going back to gold membership. sh*tty arguments have largely done one and massively convoluted levels of conjecture, research, inside info and anonymous scoop posting are back in vogue.

Fair warms the cockles so it does.

😁

Just now, kalifire said:

There’s been plenty of speculation that Fred is locked in, and any time it’s questioned the conversation resorts to whether or not he’s able to fill that position. The reliability of the initial info is forgotten. I still think it’s questionable. 

Yeah - the intel could be hooky.  But it does vibe right.

The 'whether or not he's able to fill the position' debate can be tuned out.  The most vocal naysayer is regularly banging the drum for it to be Nick Cave.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mardy said:

My gut feeling is that Rihanna on a Sunday night is not going to stop the sort of people who leave on Sunday night from leaving on Sunday night

I was working on Gate C this year on Sunday evening and there wasn't a type of person leaving - it was all different. 

Probably the only notable exception would be the younger crowd who were all still knee deep in nefarious Silver Hayes and SEC activities and won't leave until the final drop. 

Rihanna is definitely a safe bet for the Sunday - the locals, mainstreamers, lawn chair brigade, families and blanket crews will all stay for her. 

1 minute ago, UncleJunior said:

Rihanna is not turning down bags of cash from Coachella and playing Glasto for pennies. Don’t waste your breath

She clearly isn't interested in doing music at the moment

Absolutely huge signing, no doubt about that. If they can pull it off, a huge coup

My feeling is that a lot of the people who leave on Sunday evening are, for the most part, going to probably leave whoever's headlining on a Sunday and I don't know how you encourage them to stay.

I mean, it baffles me anyway, like people who leave the football when there's still 10 minutes to go.