2025 Headliners

Meh. Pretty weak headliner for me if true. I know others will be happy though.

At 39 (40 by the time the festival starts) I'm not really the target audience though I guess. 

Whack The Prodigy on the Other Stage or a decent Indie / Rock act band and that's fine by me. 

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Oh I didn’t mean absolute crap as to her bad or not at Glasto.

we got tickets to Manchester as it’s was a Saturday night (we’re in Kent).  Now my 12 year old won’t be able to go on the Tuesday night in school time

Unless they have a sudden 2-day stomach bug. 
Could they manage to keep it secret?

1 hour ago, Benjsh said:

At 39 (40 by the time the festival starts) I'm not really the target audience though I guess. 

Whack The Prodigy on the Other Stage or a decent Indie / Rock act band and that's fine by me. 

Fatboy Slim will be on.

52 minutes ago, Oll678 said:

Saw ORod at the O2 earlier this year, she effin smashed it. I get she won’t be for everyone, but think she’s about as strong as you’re gonna get nowadays if they want a new, young headliner. 

She’s young but I reckon as a headliner she will attract a big audience. A safe but also exciting booking. 
now for a decent mix Fred again and Green Day for the other two headliners.😊

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

She’s young but I reckon as a headliner she will attract a big audience. A safe but also exciting booking. 
now for a decent mix Fred again and Green Day for the other two headliners.😊

Green day are almost certainly at download so we can count them out. 

Fred seems pretty plausible though.

11 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fatboy Slim will be on.

A rare Glastonbury appearance. 😂

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Green Day are doing Download.

Shame on Glasto. One of the best bands in the world who have countless hits and sound great live. Their recent show in Manchester was absolutely epic. 

Day trip to Download for me I think. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oll678 said:

Saw ORod at the O2 earlier this year, she effin smashed it. I get she won’t be for everyone, but think she’s about as strong as you’re gonna get nowadays if they want a new, young headliner. 

I actually watched a few videos and thought she was a bit disappointing in a few.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - she's got the juice.  If she's not doing Coachella it'll be her first big headline show at this level and she'll want to make it a special one.

I think she's going to be at coachella.

34 minutes ago, tarw said:

Unless they have a sudden 2-day stomach bug. 
Could they manage to keep it secret?

Sadly her mum wouldn’t allow that! Hey ho, I overpaid for some O2 tickets when the whole co-op fiasco happened so at least she’s seen her and this will offset some of the cost

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Agreed on the first part. Question is whether or not Eminem counts as an oldie?

Nah. Logic suggests that if they're doing two up and comers in what you'd call non-traditional genres for headliner, they'll likely want a safer pair of hands for the Sunday. Chucking a hip hop star on would feel like a risk too far in terms of the festival fanbase.

Pure conjecture based on a strategy I don't pretend to understand of course

2 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Dan Nigro’s protégées are taking over the world, get on board or get left behind ✌️ 

You don't get left behind because you not on-board with it lol.

I've got one of my favourite tours of the last 15 years and even all time going on sale soon so can assure you I'm not getting left behind from anything.

2 hours ago, Benjsh said:

Im 47 and thought she was great at the Hydro in May

44 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nah. Logic suggests that if they're doing two up and comers in what you'd call non-traditional genres for headliner, they'll likely want a safer pair of hands for the Sunday. Chucking a hip hop star on would feel like a risk too far in terms of the festival fanbase.

Pure conjecture based on a strategy I don't pretend to understand of course

While I tend to agree, Eminem will be the same age next summer as Bowie was when he did his 2000 show.

38 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

While I tend to agree, Eminem will be the same age next summer as Bowie was when he did his 2000 show.

Don't think the age comes into it. A hip hop headliner is still not the norm for Glastonbury. It tends to be the one that stands out among one or two safer bets, but that wouldn't be the case with that trio

3 hours ago, Benjsh said:

I’m 50 and would be thrilled to see O-Rod headline.

Jay Z sandwiched between KoL and The Verve

Beyonce (not hip hop but seen as a bit risky) after U2 and Coldplay

Kanye between Florence (would have been Foos) and The Who

Stormzy with Killers and Happy Bob Smith

2022 bucking the trend a bit with Eilish and Kendrick, but with the ultimate safe bet of a Beatle