2025 Headliners

56 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I’m 50 and would be thrilled to see O-Rod headline.

My son (early 30s) turned me on to her music, I'm 53 and absolutely certain that this year's spotify wrapped will confirm that I've absolutely rinsed both albums since then.  Easily the most listened to albums of the last year for me.

I don't think age matters, sometimes music just grabs you.

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Agreed on the first part. Question is whether or not Eminem counts as an oldie?

He’s no spring chicken but I was thinking more in the Madonna/ Stevie/ Bruce area. 

Eminem is in that area where he is still releasing albums but no one really cares about them and would be there for his stuff from 20 years ago.  He’s also not so old that he’s likely to die before being able to play within a few years which is a real issue obviously with some acts.

11 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Agreed on the first part. Question is whether or not Eminem counts as an oldie?

He’s definitely an oldies act now. Whether he’d be what the festival wants alongside the two whippersnappers is debatable.

ORod / Fred / Rhianna

Probably all appeals to the same listener? Pretty boring tbh. Chuffed for Olivia tho she seems really cool.

Surely they look at that and get something a bit different for Sunday? (Going off THE POST, apologies if it’s been discussed in more detail on prev pages it’s the first time I’ve logged in since before the festival this year)

5 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

ORod / Fred / Rhianna

Probably all appeals to the same listener? Pretty boring tbh. Chuffed for Olivia tho she seems really cool.

Surely they look at that and get something a bit different for Sunday? (Going off THE POST, apologies if it’s been discussed in more detail on prev pages it’s the first time I’ve logged in since before the festival this year)

One is pop-punk who took off in 2020, the second is a Male Dance Act, the third is an R&B act who took off in the 2000s. Dont think they’re similar at all.

I love Stevie Wonder.  I grew up listening to Mum playing all his classic 70's albums. His Glasto set in 2010 is in my top 3 gigs of all time.

That said, going from a reasonably healthy 60 year old to a 75 year old with health issues will be a factor.  If he does play, there's a small part of me that worries it will be a shadow of the 2010 performance, which would make me one sad monkey.

Had a guilty scroll across the Facebook Re-actions for Olivia not to much negativity there - Obviously a few tantrums and who's from the usual suspects as well as few who's.....  But mostly very popular 

that being said It kind of grates me when people put "have they not learned from SZA" like wtf has that to do with this - recon she compared more to Billie Eilish if anyone. 

Im definitely someone who will not watch her Id definitely end up at Arcadia or someone instead so Im not even pretending that won't happen.

But Olivia has to be considered a very safe booking i don't think there is any risk and its a good get.  I recon she will pack out that field.

3 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Had a guilty scroll across the Facebook Re-actions for Olivia not to much negativity there - Obviously a few tantrums and who's from the usual suspects as well as few who's.....  But mostly very popular 

that being said It kind of grates me when people put "have they not learned from SZA" like wtf has that to do with this - recon she compared more to Billie Eilish if anyone. 

Im definitely someone who will not watch her Id definitely end up at Arcadia or someone instead so Im not even pretending that won't happen.

But Olivia has to be considered a very safe booking i don't think there is any risk and its a good get.  I recon she will pack out that field.

An interesting one for me. Initial reaction is same as yours, not something I'd go and see but 100% get the booking.

But then thinking about it, I see loads of stuff at Glastonbury that I never listen to normally, and chances are will never listen to again. So who knows? I mean, 2022 never had 1am mad afrobeat dancehall on the bingo card, but that's where I ended up!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Surely Sam Fender is still a likely addition to headline? 

Why is he not being debated anymore has he been ruled out? 

Album out early 2025. 

It seems they’re most likely having Olivia Rodrigo and Fred Again so I doubt they’d go for three ‘new’ headliners.

The Sam Fender hype has died down a bit now, so I reckon if he doesn’t do it this year he probably never will. 
People were hyping up Dave to headline for a while too, but now that seems impossible

8 minutes ago, Havors said:

So apparently Fred is headlining coachella 2025..  does that have any effect on his glasto chances ?

None whatsoever.

Can't see any chance that Glastonbury see it as an obstacle, and I doubt Coachella exclusivity would that extend anywhere near that far..