2025 Headliners

25 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Had a guilty scroll across the Facebook Re-actions for Olivia not to much negativity there - Obviously a few tantrums and who's from the usual suspects as well as few who's.....  But mostly very popular 

If theres no death threats then we're ok.

Most of these clowns have never been to the festival anyway.

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

If theres no death threats then we're ok.

Most of these clowns have never been to the festival anyway.

don't see why they just don't go and get Iron Maiden,  The Rolling Stones and the F*cking Beatles to headline................

Iron Maiden is a very weird one. Dickinson goes off on Glastonbury every other week, but I'm pretty certain it is because they haven't been asked. He only started slagging them off when Metallica headlined in 2014.

Even if the pay is well below what manager Rod Smallwood would demand, he would see the sheer numerical advantage of a slot at Glastonbury for further enhancing the band's reputation - though sadly, you'd need to ensure you got them on a hits tour rather than an album run.

They seemed to walk away from Power Trip with the worst notices last year, mostly because they stuck to their current setlist, which featured perhaps four obviously recognisable tunes, maybe five at a push.

7 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Surely Sam Fender is still a likely addition to headline? 

Why is he not being debated anymore has he been ruled out? 

Album out early 2025. 

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Post says no

To be honest when you look at who we've heard about as sub touting as well I can see how him being not on the options list makes sense too. There are lots of sub options too that him just not making the cut makes sense. I wouldn't totally rule him out if Rihanna and Stevie didn't happen but I fully think he would be the Friday headliner. My guess would be 27/28 on a next album. If they let him sub now he might remain there.

1 hour ago, PolygonWindow said:

ORod / Fred / Rhianna

Probably all appeals to the same listener? Pretty boring tbh. Chuffed for Olivia tho she seems really cool.

Surely they look at that and get something a bit different for Sunday? (Going off THE POST, apologies if it’s been discussed in more detail on prev pages it’s the first time I’ve logged in since before the festival this year)

I wouldn't say they all appeal to the same, they may all appeal to a young crowd but not the same crowd. I would only definitely be at one whereas it wouldn't take much to persuade away from the others. 

44 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Had a guilty scroll across the Facebook Re-actions for Olivia not to much negativity there - Obviously a few tantrums and who's from the usual suspects as well as few who's.....  But mostly very popular 

that being said It kind of grates me when people put "have they not learned from SZA" like wtf has that to do with this - recon she compared more to Billie Eilish if anyone. 

Im definitely someone who will not watch her Id definitely end up at Arcadia or someone instead so Im not even pretending that won't happen.

But Olivia has to be considered a very safe booking i don't think there is any risk and its a good get.  I recon she will pack out that field.

That's because everyone views it solidly. She created one of the hardest to achieve tickets periods were an act I know of in recent times. Only a few Glastonbury headliners even cause that trouble.

If it's true that O-Rod is a BST booking and not Glasto, that kind of blows the game wide open, especially if Fred isn't certain either (and aside from one very emphatic poster and of course The Post, I haven't read anything that's persuaded me he's locked in).

Has Lady Gaga been definitively ruled out?

1 hour ago, Ben7amin_ said:

that being said It kind of grates me when people put "have they not learned from SZA" like wtf has that to do with this - recon she compared more to Billie Eilish if anyone. 

Im definitely someone who will not watch her Id definitely end up at Arcadia or someone instead so Im not even pretending that won't happen.

But Olivia has to be considered a very safe booking i don't think there is any risk and its a good get.  I recon she will pack out that field.

It will be a normal crowd - definitely not busier than Dua Lipa for instance, let alone an actually packed act

7 minutes ago, kalifire said:

If it's true that O-Rod is a BST booking and not Glasto, that kind of blows the game wide open, especially if Fred isn't certain either (and aside from one very emphatic poster and of course The Post, I haven't read anything that's persuaded me he's locked in).

Has Lady Gaga been definitively ruled out?

even if she is doing BST, what difference does that make to glasto? it isn't an either/ or thing. She loves glasto and has made that very clear. She has moved her manchester dates to late June and it would be mad if it wasn't for glasto 

Are we just crossing wires in the thread? I don't remember any news about OR doing BST, though seem to recall something about NK.

As for Fender, he's headliner or nothing now at this juncture. Maybe that changes if the new record doesn't make moves, but unless he shoots himself in the foot - not entirely unfeasible - he's a bill-topper in my book.

24 minutes ago, gfa said:

It will be a normal crowd - definitely not busier than Dua Lipa for instance, let alone an actually packed act

It'll be rammed I reckon. 

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Are we just crossing wires in the thread? I don't remember any news about OR doing BST, though seem to recall something about NK.

As for Fender, he's headliner or nothing now at this juncture. Maybe that changes if the new record doesn't make moves, but unless he shoots himself in the foot - not entirely unfeasible - he's a bill-topper in my book.

Yes he is, simply that Glastonbury have chosen Olivia and Fred this time round, the latter I imagine to still grab him on this phase like Coachella most likely. I don't think his star will continue and continue myself.

20 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

even if she is doing BST, what difference does that make to glasto? it isn't an either/ or thing. She loves glasto and has made that very clear. She has moved her manchester dates to late June and it would be mad if it wasn't for glasto 

I’m not suggesting she is or isn’t playing either. I’m pointing out some potential speculation from somebody who might have info. 

4 minutes ago, northernangel said:

It'll be rammed I reckon. 

Yes he is, simply that Glastonbury have chosen Olivia and Fred this time round, the latter I imagine to still grab him on this phase like Coachella most likely. I don't think his star will continue and continue myself.

I think it'll be Billie Eillish busy. Without seeing what's on other stages, i don't see it being rammed.

On 10/8/2024 at 10:03 PM, Gnomicide said:

Can you name a song by him?

Noah Kahan.

33 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Can you see him doing Glastonbury?

Noah Kahan

Me neither.

Get some new material

Just now, Quark said:

Get some new material

You know once I start with these things it will never end.

That Leicester player said he'd get fed up with the same gag every week.

N'didi?

Yeah, he did.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is 'The Post'? 

Pinned to the top of the chat as a recommended post. Quite detailed info on supposedly festival position on artists performing or not