2025 Headliners

For selfish reasons, I'd want Rihanna over Stevie Wonder.  Purely because I've seen Stevie twice but would feel compelled to to watch him again and couldn't give 2 f**ks about Rihanna so would be free to go elsewhere.

On 10/9/2024 at 9:36 PM, 4AssedMonkey said:

I’m 50 and would be thrilled to see O-Rod headline.

That's fair enough but I think you can appreciate her lyrics aren't particularly aimed at our demographic are they? That was the point. 

I'm sure she will go down very well with the younger punters like Dua Lipa did. That did absolutely nothing for me either though. I just don't get all that pop stuff with huge sets distracting you from the fact there's not actually a proper band playing most of the time and the singer is only semi singing live as there's an obvious backing track in use.

Don't think they should be headlining personally if it's not 100% live but that's just my take. 

1 minute ago, Benjsh said:

That's fair enough but I think you can appreciate her lyrics aren't particularly aimed at our demographic are they? That was the point. 

Love and heartbreak arent universal themes?

3 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

I'm sure she will go down very well with the younger punters like Dua Lipa did. That did absolutely nothing for me either though. I just don't get all that pop stuff with huge sets distracting you from the fact there's not actually a proper band playing most of the time and the singer is only semi singing live as there's an obvious backing track in use.

Don't think they should be headlining personally if it's not 100% live but that's just my take. 

Her show will be pretty different to Dua Lipa's.

18 minutes ago, Benjsh said:

One thing I can confirm is that there is definitely a band playing 100% of the time for Olivia Rodrigo. 

I actually think she's one of the strongest lyricists working today.  Tell me this doesn't appeal to anyone who has experienced the isolation of depression.

Edited to add: As for singing and performing live, have some tiny desk:

Edited by Spindles