2025 Headliners

1 minute ago, Slimeyc said:

Olivia Rodrigo is touring with a very similar band setup to her other stage set few years back. They are exceptionally talented and whilst she also has Dancers they don't get lost in the background. 

Plenty of riffs for the guitar fans and strong lyrics for the younger insecure crowd 

(55 years old and I think she is brilliant)

And dancers for those who like that sort of thing. Dancers, I guess, since it means they're not unemployed.

5 minutes ago, Slimeyc said:

Olivia Rodrigo is touring with a very similar band setup to her other stage set few years back. They are exceptionally talented and whilst she also has Dancers they don't get lost in the background. 

Plenty of riffs for the guitar fans and strong lyrics for the younger insecure crowd 

(55 years old and I think she is brilliant)

Yes, and her pop punk sound will likely be appreciated by the nostalgia crowd.

• Like 1

Im a closed minded, curmudgeonly music fan in his mid forties, and having given Olivia Rodrigo a bash i think she's much, much better than i was anticipating. I tend to listen to music made by miserable hairy tattooed people of approximately the same age as me, and she's very very far from that demographic, but good music is good music. 

Would wait and see what there is on the other stages in terms of headline slots, but if i were dragged along to her i think i'd enjoy it quite a lot. People should give her a listen 👍 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pipine said:

There’s a lot of great pop around atm and I’m all here for it.  I’ll start with Olivia’s tiny desk set and see how it goes.. 

If you have Netflix her tour is being broadcast later this month which will give you a much better idea of the full sound 

• Thanks 1

I know people weren't expecting The Cure, but they are definitely out this is what Robert Smith said to Uncut:

“We'll be playing an album show this year. We were going to play festivals next year, but a couple of weeks ago I decided

that we wouldn't be going to play anything next summer. The next time we go out on stage will be autumn next year. But then we'll probably be playing quite regularly through until the next anniversary - the 2028 anniversary - which is looming on the horizon. I'm 70 in 2029 and that's the 50th anniversary of the first Cure album. That's really it, if I make it that far. So in the intervening time, I'd like us to play concerts as part of the overall plan. The last 10 years of playing shows have been the best 10 years of being in the band. It pisses all over the other 30-odd years! There was an enormous freedom and great joy in just going out and playing music.”

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Means he's active and has a band and a show in shape.  

More than can be said for e.g. Rihanna.

The set seems tailored made for USA though, like with the opener Can We Fix Our Nation's Broken heart.

But yes, more than can be said for Rihanna and he obviously would be a much preferred booking over her.

37 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I could see The Cure as a potential repeat if they want an old-school act in 2028. Would tie in for fifty years.

Or possibly a last ever show like Elton in 2029 on the cards potentially? 

2 hours ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

Yes, and her pop punk sound will likely be appreciated by the nostalgia crowd.

I think either of Fontaines DC or Yungblud fit nicely under her.

51 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I could see The Cure as a potential repeat if they want an old-school act in 2028. Would tie in for fifty years.

I don't see The Cure as thinking of Glastonbury as a need for a last ever gig.

Edited by northernangel

4 hours ago, gfa said:

To play devils advocate, isn't a 'tight' band also choreographed within a inch of it's life

how about just being really good at what you do. Green Day is such a "tight" band that  at one awards show they threw in an anti nazi song into their medley and nobody had a clue it was gonna happen cause they didnt run through it at soundcheck the day before.  But they had it locked into where they would do it and left the producers dumbfounded.

I dont think anyone realizes how good you have to be to even get into a major  artists' backing band. Did nobody see how many people made submissions for Smashing Pumpkins last year?

8 hours ago, Justcalledtosay said:

She's from California?

you didnt seethe tour leg she just did in asia and what she did for her Manilla show did ya. Yeah, part Filipino so its def gonna be a thing that can get raised. Im sure because she doesnt look a certain way its more palatable for people.