2025 Headliners

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

you didnt seethe tour leg she just did in asia and what she did for her Manilla show did ya. Yeah, part Filipino so its def gonna be a thing that can get raised. Im sure because she doesnt look a certain way its more palatable for people. 

We’re not America, dude. 

Someone who runs a Harry Styles fan account slid into my DMs the other day. Not one of the monster ones but 30k followers.

They were taking about that Sun article that had him headlining, said they don't normally pay much attention to The Sun but the journalist that wrote it does have a good track record with HS stuff, thinks she may have a connection to his management. They also pointed out that Styles' Creative Director recently followed Emily on Instagram. 

If it's O Rod and Fred, I can't see HS being number 3 but I thought it was worth mentioning. 

51 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Someone who runs a Harry Styles fan account slid into my DMs the other day. Not one of the monster ones but 30k followers.

They were taking about that Sun article that had him headlining, said they don't normally pay much attention to The Sun but the journalist that wrote it does have a good track record with HS stuff, thinks she may have a connection to his management. They also pointed out that Styles' Creative Director recently followed Emily on Instagram. 

If it's O Rod and Fred, I can't see HS being number 3 but I thought it was worth mentioning. 

You would really have a clear direction that the festival want to go full on pop with that lineup.

Glastonbury wouldn't be Glastonbury if it had booked 40 years of pop pap.  Not a fan of pop pap. 

(Yes to Hazza though)

Edited by stuie

10 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

The Harry Styles story comes out every year.  So i automatically disbelieve it.

Probably have to happen at some point though.  

Does it really though?  Lots of chat about him being a special guest in 2022 which obviously didn't pan out, but his tourdates in 23 ruled him out early on - and given he was on a well publicised break this year I don't think anyone was really expecting it.

TBH it's his last tour being such a monster that makes me doubt him for next year - but if Emily has convinced him to do G25 as a one off then fair play to her.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Does it really though?  Lots of chat about him being a special guest in 2022 which obviously didn't pan out, but his tourdates in 23 ruled him out early on - and given he was on a well publicised break this year I don't think anyone was really expecting it.

TBH it's his last tour being such a monster that makes me doubt him for next year - but if Emily has convinced him to do G25 as a one off then fair play to her.

I mean......  Some point could be the legend slot in 25 years..

Be funny to see how many times the S*n run with the story about him headlining if that was the case

2 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

I mean......  Some point could be the legend slot in 25 years..

Be funny to see how many times the S*n run with the story about him headlining if that was the case

Yeah - I don't give the Sun story much credence.  Maybe a touch more since someone got fresh with The Thingy

7 hours ago, stuie said:

Glastonbury wouldn't be Glastonbury if it had booked 40 years of pop pap.  Not a fan of pop pap. 

(Yes to Hazza though)

Eh. Pretty sure the 50+ year history of Glastonbury is nothing if not an exploration of popular music trends in that time.

The homogenisation of pop music in the last decade or so where there aren't really set scenes anymore also helps.

Edited by charlierc

33 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Eh. Pretty sure the 50+ year history of Glastonbury is nothing if not an exploration of popular music trends in that time.

The homogenisation of pop music in the last decade or so where there aren't really set scenes anymore also helps.

Everyone likes a bit of pop pap