2025 Headliners

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've been away for a month, just trying to catch up. Is the general consensus Olivia Rodrigo, Fred and another TBC? Or is it all still very much up in the air?

No - still looks like that's what's happening.  Not many especially strong candidates for the third slot, but Eminem and Stevie Wonder are the names most in focus for now.

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2024 at 4:14 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm hoping this is a smokescreen, and Michael Eavis has asked them to play one last time for him, and they are secretly rehearsing for the one off gig.

And while I'm at it, David Gilmour in the legend spot.

f**k it, go full Capital summer/winter ball. Friday Sabrina Carpenter turning the pyramid lights on, Saturday the top 10 songs in the charts that day performed by kids bop.

Sunday for the locals, shoot Roman Kemp out of a cannon across lower mead, whilst P!nk zorbs over the crowd.

Hey guys first time poster - I just stumbled across your site.  I have a question have you managed to completly ruled out Rihanna can you share how you know this?

I only as doing some work for live nation and it looks like for the Rhi-Launch her London date next year may well be on the 27th I thought it was odd that it was a Friday not a Sat or Sun. 

Can anyone confirm

8 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Indeed.  He's got an entirely different demographic to the other two.

Absolutely. And he’s just that (spreads arms as wide as possible) they’re not going to turn him down. Might be their only chance of the Styles show.

26 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She's not ruled out.  Just there's no sign of any musical activity on the horizon and we know she turned down a fat bag to play Coachella (and Glastonbury do not have a fat bag to give her)

What's a Rhi-Launch?

Lol Rhi-Launch is just what they are calling the project around her music stuff for next year -  (it won't publically be called this)

Why would you say no music activity, She has not been secrative about music activity she has spoken (as her partner) about the new album on social media. The press has picked this up as far as im aware. It will be officially launched soon enough.  Rhianna can not get away with doing a new album and no one noticing.

Edited by KriegerIndustrialSmoothing

5 minutes ago, KriegerIndustrialSmoothing said:

Lol Rhi-Launch is just what they are calling the project around her music stuff for next year -  (it won't publically be called this)

Why would you say no music activity, She has not been secrative about music activity she has spoken (as her partner) about the new album on social media. The press has picked this up as far as im aware. It will be officially launched soon enough.  Rhianna can not get away with doing a new album and no one noticing.

OK - but there've been rumours of a new album for years.

If you're saying there's a reason to now take them seriously, that it's being launched in London in late June - then that puts her as musically active, in the area and in the same timeframe as the festival, so the likelihood shoots up.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

OK - but there've been rumours of a new album for years.

If you're saying there's a reason to now take them seriously, that it's being launched in London in late June - then that puts her as musically active, in the area and in the same timeframe as the festival, so the likelihood shoots up.

Oh im sure the album has been done for years.   Its just not wanting to release it without the world tour to my limited Knowlege. 

Its not launched in London thats just when the Euro leg is - the whole world tour is only about 15 dates so its not massive.  But im sure New York and LA have shows before London though im not sure in what order -  Il see if I can find out and share something more concrete.

Just now, KriegerIndustrialSmoothing said:

Oh im sure the album has been done for years.   Its just not wanting to release it without the world tour to my limited Knowlege. 

Its not launched in London thats just when the Euro leg is - the whole world tour is only about 15 dates so its not massive.  But im sure New York and LA have shows before London though im not sure in what order -  Il see if I can find out and share something more concrete.

Thanks.  I mean if this is kosher it makes her a whole lot more likely at Glastonbury.

It also would mean that The Post was real the whole time, which would objectively be one of the funniest things to ever happen on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Let's have it - GOATed Sunday with Stevie in the Legends Slot and Rihanna headlining.

Who bats at 2 and 3 to make it an all timer? 

Pulp subbing? 

Chaka Khan in the mix? 

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Thanks.  I mean if this is kosher it makes her a whole lot more likely at Glastonbury.

It also would mean that The Post was real the whole time, which would objectively be one of the funniest things to ever happen on here.

real is one way to phrase it