2025 Headliners

On the subject of Harry Styles, I did hear from a credible source at the '23 festival that there was at least some discussion about him potentially replacing the Arctics if the issue that had caused them to cancel gigs that week persisted. No idea how far it went mind, but it was out there

Edited by waltere

12 hours ago, charlierc said:

The odds of that happening are plummeting are they? Be a surprise given no UK shows this year and Jarvis already said they have plans to tour in '25.

Although Different Class in full arena tour, I could get behind, seeing as 2025 is 30 years since that masterpiece came out.

Seems unlikely given they are playing new music in the US currently - would love this though

12 hours ago, chew the fat said:

Wasn't there some info that she's been booked for the Pyramid?

Surely most effective on a smaller, more intimate stage in the dark?

Hmm.  Top line of O-Rod, Fred... and Rihanna, with Stevie W in as Legend is not only supremely well balanced and varied but would be seen as an all timer wouldn't it?  I mean I could care less about Fred... but no denying current popularity.  If they pull that off, I'll be suitably impressed.  Kick Fred... for Harry Styles and even more so.

9 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Hmm.  Top line of O-Rod, Fred... and Rihanna, with Stevie W in as Legend is not only supremely well balanced and varied but would be seen as an all timer wouldn't it?  I mean I could care less about Fred... but no denying current popularity.  If they pull that off, I'll be suitably impressed.  Kick Fred... for Harry Styles and even more so.

I think Rihanna is being way overhyped for this. I don't even dislike her but her most recent touring time wasn't a good time.

Edited by northernangel

11 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

There's no way Stevie Wonder is in as legend. headliner or bust

Aye, I cannot see Stevie being dropped to Legend position. If he's over, it'll be BST or a one-off at The O2 Arena, probably.

As for Rihanna, she may have not pulled all-timer notices on her last tour - though this appears to be fairly glowing - but the sheer size of her catalogue and the rarity of any appearance would automatically make it a sensationally strong booking.

We're reaching a point where overseas stadium artists genuinely have no need or skin for the G - especially when they command eye-watering prices - which means that it's a coup to get 'em if they can. Nabbing people like Eilish and Rodrigo while the zeitgeist is hot - especially if they then go stratospheric, a la Beyonce after 2011 - can feel very good with the power of hindsight.

12 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

There's a few cusp shouts, but honestly not that many.

Stevie Wonder is a headliner.

Duran Duran are a legend.

Let's not have any revisionism, Simon le Bon.

Presumably if Duran Duran did get the top spot on El Pointo, there would be a lot of questions.

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - I'd book them as Legends.

Comment was more around SLB being on record as wanting to be on El Pointo at night.  He probably wants headliner, but he's not going to get it so sub seems like a decent compromise.

Aha, so more the ego question than suitability. Gotcha.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - I'd book them as Legends.

Comment was more around SLB being on record as wanting to be on El Pointo at night.  He probably wants headliner, but he's not going to get it so sub seems like a decent compromise.

If it clouds over heavily, it might just give the same impression.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Seems unlikely given they are playing new music in the US currently - would love this though

Different Class main set then 3/4 newies, First Time, Babies, Hardcore and Sunrise?

Depends how much new material they've been working on ofc.