2025 Headliners

30 minutes ago, stuie said:

Didn't LDR just do this? 

yep, Technically she was Other stage Glasto headliner first and then Reading Headliner rather than the other way around, but your point is right. Pretty sure there are other acts which have headlined Reading and then been Other headliner...Foals would be one.

Edited by glimmers_of_hope

I think Sam Fender/Fred Again/Olivia Rodrigo is possible.  It ticks a lot of boxes, they are touring, not headlined Glasto before and appeal to a younger demographic but with enough cross over.  It scans very much like a Reading/Leeds line up though, feels like they might want a more legacy act to balance it, there isn't a mega big act there....But if there isn't one available/affordable then it could definitely work.  

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

I've only seen him once, Pyramid Stage 2009, and it er... wasn't great.

1 hour ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Same. Wasn’t a fan before - friends said it was because I’d never seen him live. Saw him live in 2009, still not a fan (though he has a couple of good tunes)

51 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Same.  Went to the 2009 Glasto headline show, got bored.  Left early.

Always a good way to weed out those of us without the sense of common decency and good taste 🤣

To be fair, I wasn't there, and it seems to sit as this divisive set for a lot of people. The feedback I've had over the years was "musically impressive, commercially bankrupt" - seemed to be one for the purists rather than the casuals, and even then, it wasn't a fantastic setlist for the purists either.

Fender, Fred and Rodrigo might fit a 2025 budget and probably doesn't break the bank. I wouldn't be averse to that as a trio, but no doubt it would have its detractors, particularly from the Glastonbury traditionalists. Would put the festival very firmly into its "pop" era. Maybe that's the direction they want to go to protect its future? 

12 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

I think Sam Fender/Fred Again/Olivia Rodrigo is possible.  It ticks a lot of boxes, they are touring, not headlined Glasto before and appeal to a younger demographic but with enough cross over.  It scans very much like a Reading/Leeds line up though, feels like they might want a more legacy act to balance it, there isn't a mega big act there....But if there isn't one available/affordable then it could definitely work.  

It's all acts who played in the last two / three years, so a decent wedge of folk could already have seen them all that G.

I don't think individually they're weak bookings, but taken as a trio it's not got great fire power.

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Fender, Fred and Rodrigo might fit a 2025 budget and probably doesn't break the bank. I wouldn't be averse to that as a trio, but no doubt it would have its detractors, particularly from the Glastonbury traditionalists. Would put the festival very firmly into its "pop" era. Maybe that's the direction they want to go to protect its future? 

Dunno if it's massively pop to be fair.  Hazza or Rihanna both way more pop than Fender 

1 hour ago, gfa said:

too big for any slot other than pyramid headline now - when has a Reading headliner ever done Other

I'm fairly sure there's a relatively long list. Disclosure and QOTSA for starters. Foals/LDR as other folk have mentioned, despite LDR being in the wrong order. BMTH are also another for the other order list

Just now, chickenfire said:

I'm fairly sure there's a relatively long list. Disclosure and QOTSA for starters. Foals/LDR as other folk have mentioned, despite LDR being in the wrong order. BMTH are also another for the other order list

BMTH played midway down the Other before they stepped up to headline R+L, I think I'm right in saying.

They're also a bigger draw now too - had the Download slot, and sold out their biggest tour to date earlier in the year.

Imagine they won't ever come back to the G unless they genuinely have a crossover hit.

9 minutes ago, CantWaitForGlasto22 said:

Just revisited my pictures and videos from Sam Fender on Pyramid

IMG_8699.movUnavailable  

in 2022. This one was for my daughter who loves to sing this in the car - I do think he’d bring the party as a headliner 

Other than playing some new material, realistically he won't be doing too much different if he tops the bill.

You'd assume ninety minutes with at least five or six new tunes.

- - -

Will We Talk?

Getting Started

Spit of You

- - -

Dead Boys

The Borders

Get You Down

- - -

10 Spice

11 Howdon Aldi Death Queue

12 Saturday