2025 Headliners

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Ah, sweet innocents.

Dad loves Bruce, good mates love Bruce. After 40 years of trying to get it - I don’t. Liked that he was a working class Everyman, but recent tour prices f**ked that. Average at best IMO.

3 hours ago, MK1 said:

Yes, was shared earlier, another possible band resurrection! Don’t hold your breathe on a Glastonbury appearance though. If it means anything, I hope it includes Lindsey. If so, I’ll think about the inevitable pricy Coop Live show.

I don't care about football so maybe this is why but could not give less of a sh*t if theres a few geordies wearing the scarfs. he is still going to play the music

Coldplay at big weekend changing Yellow to Orange  for Luton fans on the other hand - big no.

Seriously though, at glasto it will be completely diluted

20 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

I agree that Sam Fender + Newcastle United shitck is a bit much - i personally enjoy it but i can totally see why non Newcastle fans find it off putting - my argument was solely that the SJP gigs were an exception where the "cult-like" stuff was to be expected, and was actively welcomed pretty much from day dot. If you went to those gigs and didn't prepare for it to basically be a "Newcastle United Party w/ Sam Fender" that's on you, outside that specific gig, aye I understand the gripes. 

100%

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes, was shared earlier, another possible band resurrection! Don’t hold your breathe on a Glastonbury appearance though. If it means anything, I hope it includes Lindsey. If so, I’ll think about the inevitable pricy Coop Live show.

Given all that Stevie has been saying about Lindsey of late, if they are resurrecting the band with him included then clearly it’s all about the money, which doesn’t bode well for Glasto. I’d be very surprised if they are doing this though

On 10/16/2024 at 1:00 PM, thatTFBguy said:

I agree that Sam Fender + Newcastle United shitck is a bit much - i personally enjoy it but i can totally see why non Newcastle fans find it off putting - my argument was solely that the SJP gigs were an exception where the "cult-like" stuff was to be expected, and was actively welcomed pretty much from day dot. If you went to those gigs and didn't prepare for it to basically be a "Newcastle United Party w/ Sam Fender" that's on you, outside that specific gig, aye I understand the gripes. 

Nature of the beast imo. For some people not from the region, you'll find it tricky to get swept up in it. For others, it's a bit of fun.

5 hours ago, henry bear said:

Given all that Stevie has been saying about Lindsey of late, if they are resurrecting the band with him included then clearly it’s all about the money, which doesn’t bode well for Glasto. I’d be very surprised if they are doing this though

Fleetwood Mac's history is crazy for this though and just doing things that on paper make no sense both for the plot and the bank. Plus, do they even need the cash at this point?

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

They did a show at Elland Road years ago that leaned a lot more into that kind of thing I think.

This has been something of a note. They've been billing TN as their biggest gig to date, but pretty certain their first Elland Road show had 30,000 in the house. (At least, that's what they've also trumpeted over time.)

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

Fleetwood Mac's history is crazy for this though and just doing things that on paper make no sense both for the plot and the bank. Plus, do they even need the cash at this point?

Look up the story of the fake Fleetwood Mac tour in '74. Nuts