2025 Headliners

Some rumors going on AC/DC doing another leg in UK/Europe next year.

Zegut saying they will play Paris and there is some insider on festileaks saying they will come to Belgium....

I have my doubts but then again, Springsteen is playing Europe 3 years in a row.....

4 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

The same yungblud who had his own festival headlining MK Bowl? 

Less than half full from what I heard. Although apparently it was capacity limited.

Saying that Chase & Status sold all the tickets but they themselves reported 45,000 at the Bowl, which has a 65k capacity and is also less than the 50-55k I gather were there for Muse in 2023. So... Pass?

6 hours ago, nikkic said:

Two have them have done stadiums.

Sam did SJP twice.

Fred that place in LA. 

Whether selling out a stadium in LA translates to selling out a UK stadium in the case of Fred Again is another matter. I think he's super popular and it would need them to book, say, a Tottenham stadium show to truly know.

Fender has also done Finsbury Park, which at 40-50k is about the size of a stadium show tbf. Even if many people still see Sam doing two nights at the NUFC stadium with a crowd that treated it almost like it was a Newcastle game.

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Can't imagine, unless Angus has lowered his demands, there'd be any chance here.

Taken just from the fanforum:

---

From what I understand the dates are being finalized.

No festival in France but 1 or 2 stadiums, and it remains to be seen where for UK.

---

6 minutes ago, foolee said:

I’d honestly be happy with a three of Fred Again - Sam Fender - Olivia Rodrigo. Would get some sh*t but think it’d be a bold and brave move however they’re all easily big enough. 

Absolutely. The one artist nobody seems to be debating the heft for is Rodrigo.

But Fender will shift an arena tour inside ten minutes next week and has stadium/open-air experience, while Fred again.. does genuinely appear to stoke hysteria wherever he goes. It's brave not to have a "legacy" headliner, but at the same time, we're going to run out of those, and new "legacy" headliners will become your acts like Arctic Monkeys and The Killers who have been around a few times anyway.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, foolee said:

I’d honestly be happy with a three of Fred Again - Sam Fender - Olivia Rodrigo. Would get some sh*t but think it’d be a bold and brave move however they’re all easily big enough. 

The reason I also don't see Fender unless needed this year is for me he's a Friday or Saturday headliner, not Sunday

35 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Absolutely. The one artist nobody seems to be debating the heft for is Rodrigo.

But Fender will shift an arena tour inside ten minutes next week and has stadium/open-air experience, while Fred again.. does genuinely appear to stoke hysteria wherever he goes. It's brave not to have a "legacy" headliner, but at the same time, we're going to run out of those, and new "legacy" headliners will become your acts like Arctic Monkeys and The Killers who have been around a few times anyway.

Completely agree and I think that’s why you see Download changing tact with headliners albeit in a different scene. I think they need to save money somewhere too and a lot of the bigger acts now want the tour money and don’t need the Glastonbury exposure so I think sooner rather than later these sort of headliners will be the way to go because before long they could become Taylor Swift/BST sort of size acts that are no longer attainable for Glastonbury unless they really want to do the festival.

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

The reason I also don't see Fender unless needed this year is for me he's a Friday or Saturday headliner, not Sunday

I see no reason why Olivia couldn’t do the Sunday tbh. 

8 minutes ago, foolee said:

Completely agree and I think that’s why you see Download changing tact with headliners albeit in a different scene. I think they need to save money somewhere too and a lot of the bigger acts now want the tour money and don’t need the Glastonbury exposure so I think sooner rather than later these sort of headliners will be the way to go because before long they could become Taylor Swift/BST sort of size acts that are no longer attainable for Glastonbury unless they really want to do the festival.

I see no reason why Olivia couldn’t do the Sunday tbh. 

Tbf, forget that, there’s absolutely no reason Sam Fender couldn’t do Sunday. 

Not sure why we don't think Fender is a Sunday night headliner. He's the most traditionally "rock" of the three, which I'd argue is just as at home on the Sunday as either other night.

For me, your legacy headliner should always be your Sunday. If you've got a trio without one, you go for the singalongs - which in this case, Fender has plenty of (though Rodrigo has more).

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Plenty of occasions when that's not happened - Macca, The Stones, U2, Springsteen, Neil Young, etc 

Of course, but it should be. You want to send your crowd home on a high with the biggest singalongs.

Mumford and Sons? Kasabian? The Who (with sound issues and an irate Daltrey?)

Not exactly vintage closers, are they.