2025 Headliners

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Plenty of occasions when that's not happened - Macca, The Stones, U2, Springsteen, Neil Young, etc 

U2's decision to put Glastonbury on a Friday in-between a Wednesday night and a Sunday night show in the USA will forever remain a mystifying call to me. Not least given they'd been pushed back due to their last minute 2010 cancellation and still booked it that way for 2011.

Could we see a co headline situation with Sam Fender being before Fred Again? For the first time ever here’s your 5 headliners including the legend. 

Olivia Rodrigo - Fred Again (Closing) / Sam Fender - Rihanna or Stevie Wonder

47 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

If ORod is Friday, I think Fred will do Sunday night. Think the festival will have seen the success of Justice in comparison to SZA last year and realised most people want a proper party to go home on. 

I don't see any chance of that, Justice closing WHs stage is completely different to Fred being the first dance headliner in a lot time to close the Pyramid. Saturday or nothing for me.

2 minutes ago, KriegerIndustrialSmoothing said:

Not really that can be shared - you will all find out in a couple of months anyway

Fifteen dates makes me assume festivals would be a no-go, unless it was something like BST Hyde Park.

But a lot depends how big the production is.

Also, fifteen dates? Know she's loaded, but costs will be high to justify that few, especially if spread out.

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Fifteen dates makes me assume festivals would be a no-go, unless it was something like BST Hyde Park.

But a lot depends how big the production is.

Also, fifteen dates? Know she's loaded, but costs will be high to justify that few, especially if spread out.

BST is one that pads out for Glastonbury. She's got money, this tour is more about if she sees it almost ad a swansong and wants to tick it off. I've no reason to believe him but I've no reason not to and The Post isn't one that we can rule. Personally speaking myself, I think if Fred wasn't doing Glastonbury or BST (obviously can be both), we would hear other commitments soon.

9 minutes ago, Mattyb12 said:

Sam fender and Fred again are both really weak headliners. No back catalogue. 

Social media on a poll does suggest that people don't see Fred as a headliner.

2 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Yeah, it's Fender. Don't think it's a soft Sunday booking. Imagine your rank-and-file punter will stick around for him rather than heading out early.

But all speculation, of course.

I would be willing to beglt in Rihanna doing it over San Fender. Ultimately if she wasn't firmly routed in their plans and some kinda sign of it then Olivia is 100% booked for Saturday night instead as I don't believe they have another female option next year about and on the cards worthy that they would take a punt against and naturally they would try to split them. They wouldn't book Fred, Olivia and Rihanna in that order. 

23 minutes ago, Mattyb12 said:

Sam fender and Fred again are both really weak headliners. No back catalogue. 

Fred has 4 albums and an ep that he will pay stuff from. Sam fender will have 3 albums. So it isn't right that they have no back catalogues. Headliners have played with fewer albums. 

They both have several cross over hits as well. 

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

I think Fred on Saturday, personally.

Again, like everything with Fred for 2025, that's based on nothing but slightly educated guesswork

Olivia, Fred, Rihanna/Stevie/Fender in that order of likliness for Sunday.

I don't think it's that Fender is not seen as a headliner, I think it's Fender is seen as having a longer longevity at the top to be able to grab later and Fred offers to festival something different to book at a level that doesn't come along often in that field of music.

9 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

If ORod is Friday, I think Fred will do Sunday night. Think the festival will have seen the success of Justice in comparison to SZA last year and realised most people want a proper party to go home on. 

Well don't get the dullest act in dance to play

Edited by Superscally

8 hours ago, foolee said:

Could we see a co headline situation with Sam Fender being before Fred Again? For the first time ever here’s your 5 headliners including the legend. 

Olivia Rodrigo - Fred Again (Closing) / Sam Fender - Rihanna or Stevie Wonder

As f**kING IF Sam would play before nepo boy.

4 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Fred has 4 albums and an ep that he will pay stuff from. Sam fender will have 3 albums. So it isn't right that they have no back catalogues. Headliners have played with fewer albums. 

They both have several cross over hits as well. 

Yes, but Fred's music is shite.