Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

2025 Headliners

I don't think Avril will be about this year personally. Her star will drop, she had her moment and wasn't that big back in her day....that comes from someone's who's a huge fan. It's probably why she chose to play Glastonbury as well so if she does return in like a few years for example she'll previously played out to a mass of people. Ultimately Glastonbury crowds will over egg what tickets can be sold in the long term for an artist at their own gig.

19 hours ago, mouserat said:

Not just Janelle. I had a look back at the clashfinder and I'm not sure anyone else on at the same time across all the stages was enough of a draw to get people - particularly the demographic with nostalgia for Avril Lavigne.

There was an Olivia Dean secret set on at the same time but I'd imagine that probably pulled about 150 people away from the Avril Crowd who weren't already planning on going the secret set.

I'd left Baxter Dury early for it expecting it to get closed off but obviously didn't realise the extent of what was happening at the Other Stage.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

I don't think Avril will be about this year personally. Her star will drop, she had her moment and wasn't that big back in her day....that comes from someone's who's a huge fan. It's probably why she chose to play Glastonbury as well so if she does return in like a few years for example she'll previously played out to a mass of people. Ultimately Glastonbury crowds will over egg what tickets can be sold in the long term for an artist at their own gig.

Shame as she would do well,

but shes already done big shows here, 2 ally pally dates- this is her 3rd year of touring now.

hibernation ready i guess

Cracking set though. Absolute highlight

4 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Same for Janelle. Stunning show, was right up there with Dua and LCD as not just weekend highlights, but all time Glastonbury highlights for me

I was skeptical she could match her West Holts performance, and even though it wasn’t quite as magical, she was truly exceptional and deserved a much bigger crowd. One serious stumble by the booking team, there. 

25 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I was skeptical she could match her West Holts performance, and even though it wasn’t quite as magical, she was truly exceptional and deserved a much bigger crowd. One serious stumble by the booking team, there. 

Personally I think the booking team for Glastonbury should pass it over