Join our friendly community of music lovers and be part of the fun 😎

2025 Headliners

10 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Michael Eavis is a member of the Methodist church and has deep religious beliefs. These have probably been passed down to his children.

But was this an actual factor during bookings in the past decades? I never got the impression that their religious beliefs were relevant to the fest.

58 minutes ago, gfa said:

Can't wait for the Bad Bunny BST date!

whataboutism

Woah. I mean yeah whataboutism poor use of that. 

I mean if you think what Dave Grohl did should be treated as worse than say rapists or acts that sex with minors etc.... when it comes to being booked by a festival...

Seriously have a look at yourself. 

Edited by AVALON.G
  • Downvote 1

29 minutes ago, FKA SOSOTWS said:

No, because cheating on your wife isn't at the same level of sexual abuse.

But Foo Fighters shouldn't be playing Glasto again regardless of what Grohl did.

Read what you quote.

Obviously he doesn't deserve worst coverage than rapists - but what I quoted said 'equal' as well.

I guess I wasn't completely clear, but thought that part would be obvious!

but compared to the behaviour of some of his fellow rockstars who have has nowhere near the same negative coverage for equal or worse behavioir seems very disproportionate in terms of negative coverage  

@AVALON.G see above and consider an apology.

Edited by gfa

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

Read what you quote.

Obviously he doesn't deserve worst coverage than rapists - but what I quoted said 'equal' as well.

I guess I wasn't completely clear, but thought that part would be obvious!

but compared to the behaviour of some of his fellow rockstars who have has nowhere near the same negative coverage for equal or worse behavioir seems very disproportionate in terms of negative coverage  

@AVALON.G see above and consider an apology.

Ii stand by my comment. Highlighting the word equal does not make or worse bit of the Sentence disappear. 

Edited by AVALON.G

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Interesting. 

Wonder if Snow Patrol move up Other consideration with Latitude now. 

They actually headlined Latitude quite recently 2022 the once and only time i will go to that festival - its a prime kind of headliner that suits a crowd that at the same festival could take 0 interest in acts like Little Simz, Mdou Moctar, Self Esteem, Kae Tempest.   They love the Beige at latitude 

Edited by Ben7amin_

4 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

THink the Rolling Stones have a fair few out of wedlock kids between them. this will not be an issue. 

One of them has even slept with a few minors 

The Stones have always been portrayed as womanisers in the media. Dave hasn't put a foot wrong before, he had a reputation as being the nicest rock star. 

1 hour ago, FKA SOSOTWS said:

But was this an actual factor during bookings in the past decades? I never got the impression that their religious beliefs were relevant to the fest.

I doubt it, but I get the impression that Dave had become a friend as has Chris Martin and accepted into the inner sanctuary of Worthy Farm. He was valued by the family, not just a booking for the festival.

Edited by StoneCircle

35 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

I doubt it, but I get the impression that Dave had become a friend as has Chris Martin and accepted into the inner sanctuary of Worthy Farm. He was valued by the family, not just a booking for the festival.

Fair, I'll admit to not knowing anything about the Methodist Church and what that would entail for interpersonal relationships. I would hope the Eavis' are able to forgive Grohl at a friendship level.

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Isn’t it all about forgiveness? 

Funny how most doctrines seem to major on forgiveness, but zealous followers ignore it.

2 hours ago, AVALON.G said:

Ii stand by my comment. Highlighting the word equal does not make or worse bit of the Sentence disappear. 

I am sorry that what I said was unclear but I did not mean this. I would never suggest that and have made that very clear.

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Are people seriously suggesting an artist shouldn’t play if they’ve had an affair out of wedlock? Who does that leave us with? Daniel O’Donnell and Cliff Richard 

Cliff?
remember the words of living doll?  Bondage and kidnap not exactly Christian values😉😊

’Gonna lock her up in a trunk

so no big hunk

Steals her away from me’

17 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Are people seriously suggesting an artist shouldn’t play if they’ve had an affair out of wedlock? Who does that leave us with? Daniel O’Donnell and Cliff Richard 

Sadly even the former is too spicy for Glastonbury 

Irish legend Daniel O'Donnell says he's ready for an affair -

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/irish-legend-daniel-odonnell-says-20927750?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=shareb

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Isn’t it all about forgiveness? 

''Methodists believe that forgiving others can be a life-transforming and liberating act.''

Who can argue with that? A good philosophy too often ignored in society's/media's love of a scandal.

Edited by Avalon_Fields
edit
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Interesting. 

Wonder if Snow Patrol move up Other consideration with Latitude now. 

In 2019 they were booked for Latitude headline and 3rd down Other, I believe they'd still remain at roughly that same level, or a Woodsies/Park headline