2025 Headliners

The Harry styles rumour might have some legs, but you would have expected other summer 25 tour dates to be announced already for it to work. 

I think it really depends on how ready he is to release his next album and tour. 

If the new album came out in late spring then glasto would be part of the massive promotional push then He sells a stadium tour after it maybe he's in Europe and ends up back in the UK in 2026? Dunno, you sort of feel like if he was doing that he'd already be selling Europe 25 tickets. 

Also,  lots of the big summer 25 tours have already been announced. 

I reckon it will happen one day+ not impossible it'll be next year, name and size works but you would expect a bit more activity in regards to live dates and album release dates. 

He might surprise us. 

9 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

Billboard reported a few months ago that he’s working on his fourth album, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back performing next year.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I guess next summer will be three years since Harry's House, so maybe new music.  But Love On Tour was a huge undertaking and I dunno if he'll be mounting anything similar after being on the road for 3 years straight.  In the same way I'm not expecting Swizzle to gear up to do anything for 2026.

It could still work tbf if Styles is only doing a couple of shows rather than going all-in on playing gig after gig after gig to a similar scale to the Love on Tour commitments. I don't think it would be that unheard of to just do, say, 5/6 shows to dip a toe back in the water and one being the big slot on El Pointo.

Certainly he'll know the demand is there given how many Wembley dates were done in 2022 and 2023.

Edited by charlierc

Feel like theres a Harry Styles to headline Glastonbury news story by an untrusted news paper most years in recent history.  

I guess if they are going to do it they might aswell do it every year - 

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/local-news/glastonbury-festival-2022-harry-styles-6595087

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1782883/harry-styles-glastonbury-2023-arctic-monkeys-alex-turner-health

https://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/24188870.glastonbury-2024-killers-harry-styles-tipped-secret-sets/

3 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Feel like theres a Harry Styles to headline Glastonbury news story by an untrusted news paper most years in recent history.  

I guess if they are going to do it they might aswell do it every year - 

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/local-news/glastonbury-festival-2022-harry-styles-6595087

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/music/1782883/harry-styles-glastonbury-2023-arctic-monkeys-alex-turner-health

https://www.somersetcountygazette.co.uk/news/24188870.glastonbury-2024-killers-harry-styles-tipped-secret-sets/

They'll get it right at some point .... I reckon he ill do it . Somerset Live can be written as can be written off as some kind of source as they just take from other places and regurgitate and county gazette is a pretty small local newspaper ...id be surprised if they got any exclusives like that ... but fair play if they do 🙂 ... plenty of clickbait 

On 9/14/2024 at 8:39 AM, Suprefan said:

yes they do. Madonna doesnt compromise her sh*t. Emily shouldve understood that. She pulled off the whole show outdoors in Brasil back in May. Glasto just didnt want to put the work in to make it happen. I mean Madonna is so batshit she wanted to come down from the ceiling of the stadium when she did the Super Bowl Halftime show. They had to tell her no because she brought it up 2 days before the game during rehearsals. At that point you aint cancelling anything anyway. This year they gave Dua and Coldplay their little mini stage and changed the configuration of the front pit area and such to make it happen. Theyll have to be willing to keep making more changes with productions cause nobody wants to just be on a stage anymore and thats it. Hell, Coldplay does songs in 3 different areas on their solo gigs. 

You’re saying Glastonbury compromised their staging for Coldplay and Dua Lipa but not Madonna? I’m confused. Sorry can’t agree, no sane person pulls out of headlining Glastonbury because of a few minor staging changes.

On 9/14/2024 at 8:39 AM, Suprefan said:

yes they do. Madonna doesnt compromise her sh*t. Emily shouldve understood that. She pulled off the whole show outdoors in Brasil back in May. Glasto just didnt want to put the work in to make it happen.

They had a week to set that gig up. They'd have 90 minutes to do it at Glasto.

On 9/13/2024 at 11:45 PM, Ben7amin_ said:

I was at an age when Eminem came out it, he was the cool artists to listen to -  and certainly his first two albums were "all the rage".  However I lost interest very quickly on the 3rd album onwards - not a fan of that stuff - and now looking back ive kind of not got the same love i had for the first two albums that i first had. 

Did you misspeak and meant to say the fourth album, or do you actually think The Eminem Show (not even counting Infinite) was bad?

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As far as I'm aware we don't know that Madge not signing up wasn't related to the financials.

I think it is pretty safe to say we know absolutely nothing about any discussions that may or may not have happened. For all we actually know there were never any discussions past one call where Madonna said 'no'.

On 9/14/2024 at 4:43 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Very little chance of Emily reaching out to Madonna again after Madge drive up to the farm and started doing donuts on the front lawn whilst flicking the Vs.

I dunno. Get the feeling Madonna is a “boil” that Emily wants to “lance”. Last great 80s/90s living superstar never to have played.

• Upvote 1

Of course - just that this year genuinely felt like the best opportunity for it to happen, what with the Greatest Hits tour and so on. Never say never, but 2024 really seemed like it was our window and I'm betting it wasn't cos the festival didn't do their utmost to seal the deal.

That said, I assume that the G weren't alone in trying to reel her in, and I seem to recall a rumour that BST were after her as well which obviously didn't pan out. One Copacabana concert doesn't prove much one way or another.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, A Particular Grey Chihuahu said:

I agree, he has more musical credibility, and is superior to Rihana as far as talent goes. But he's just said too much horrible homophobic and sexist sh*t. I wouldn't book anyone like that in this day and age. They're dinosaurs.

Nobody cares about Eminem’s jokes this is a very old talking point. Gen Z absolutely love him. 

Love Tame Impala not sure if they could headline if they didn’t last time around. Would agree the festival audience is their audience though which helps their case. And kevin parker is not even top 30 most famous men in music lmao

Harry styles will definitely do it one day might be after the fallow though or could be in 10 years who knows 

Edited by nectarofthegods

While I don't think the lyrical content of Eminem's raps should actually disqualify him from headlining the festival, categorising them as just 'jokes' isn't particularly accurate either and I can understand if people aren't massively arsed about going to see him rapping some gossip about Christina Aguilera from nearly a quarter of a century ago.

Whether or not I agree with all this cancel culture stuff is neither here nor there. I just don't like double standards. There seems to be different rules for everyone, and some people get free passes etc. You get Marieha Hussein getting dragged through court for her "coconut" placard and women getting cancelled for standing up for valid women's rights concerns, yet you get rich white blokes like Eminem getting away with it all. So cancel culture is now weaponised to target ethnic minorities and women? It just doesn't seem right.

...that became a much bigger point than I intended. I just don't want Glastonbury to give Eminem the Pyramid Stage platform.

22 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

The Harry styles rumour might have some legs, but you would have expected other summer 25 tour dates to be announced already for it to work. 

I think it really depends on how ready he is to release his next album and tour. 

If the new album came out in late spring then glasto would be part of the massive promotional push then He sells a stadium tour after it maybe he's in Europe and ends up back in the UK in 2026? Dunno, you sort of feel like if he was doing that he'd already be selling Europe 25 tickets. 

Also,  lots of the big summer 25 tours have already been announced. 

I reckon it will happen one day+ not impossible it'll be next year, name and size works but you would expect a bit more activity in regards to live dates and album release dates. 

He might surprise us. 

Not that I think he will play… but you have paid attention to Dua’s album release/tour strategy, right?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

They'll get it right at some point .... I reckon he ill do it . Somerset Live can be written as can be written off as some kind of source as they just take from other places and regurgitate and county gazette is a pretty small local newspaper ...id be surprised if they got any exclusives like that ... but fair play if they do 🙂 ... plenty of clickbait 

Im sure he will headline at some point lol -   much like the Oasis reunion -  It will catch me by surprise as my senses will be dulled to it by hearing the news and it being incorrect so often lol

18 hours ago, kalifire said:

Did you misspeak and meant to say the fourth album, or do you actually think The Eminem Show (not even counting Infinite) was bad?

The album with without me - was the first one - i listened to and could not be arsed with perhaps i grew up a little in between albums and it felt a little like imature b*llocks  -  As I say discovering older more skilled rap music in the interim after listening to Eminems first two albums may well be what meant me feel this way -  I think if id listened to Dre, Tupac etc etc before hearing Eminem - i probably would have dismissed his first two as-well -   (IMO)

Edited by Ben7amin_

28 minutes ago, Ben7amin_ said:

The album with without me - was the first one - i listened to and could not be arsed with perhaps i grew up a little in between albums and it felt a little like imature b*llocks  -  As I say discovering older more skilled rap music in the interim after listening to Eminems first two albums may well be what meant me feel this way -  I think if id listened to Dre, Tupac etc etc before hearing Eminem - i probably would have dismissed his first two as-well -   (IMO)

Fair enough - each to their own and all that. I still rate The Eminem Show, and for me it was his next album - Encore - that was largely immature garbage. I guess that's always been there, but Encore was relentlessly that way and started his 'doing accents and singing on tracks' era that was pretty much unlistenable to my ears.

I do think he's had enough decent tracks across everything that's come after The Eminem Show to fill an album or two, but it's mostly been rubbish.

• Upvote 1