2025 Headliners

On 9/14/2024 at 9:35 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno - the insane crowd reaction when Kevin Parker came out with Dua Lipa shows he's one of the most famous men in music.

Was it that insane?

Weird measure to use regardless

On 9/14/2024 at 6:28 PM, Lionator said:

I was at that and the rest of the lineup was pants, the sound was terrible, the crowd was sketchy and fortunately I can’t remember a thing of it as I got spiked with suspected GHB (like many others there that day). And it was really expensive. Tame could pull off a glasto headline slot I’m sure. 

It was like £75

A glasto headliner should be able to sell 40k with no undercard announced in London i'd argue - especially at that price.

Mind you Stormzy's day didn't sell out either

There's far better options than Tame Imapla who in my eyes still haven't really proven their size in the UK

If gaga is doing Stadiums then my guess is she will focus on them and do festivals in 2026 (if she isn't tied up with another big acting role that year). She doesn't seem that keen on doing very big lengthy tours anymore so can't see her doing a multi-year stadium run like Taylor, Bruce, Ed Sheerhan etc. Chromatica was only like 20 shows across 4 legs. She also canceled most of her Europe dates for the previous tour for the Joanna album due to health.

I think we might have to wait for Gagastonbury for a few more years; which is frustrating as last time she played it was before she released Fame Monster!

Edited by FrogLobster
  • Upvote 1

On 9/14/2024 at 9:04 AM, gfa said:

1975 and Sam Fender far ahead of Tame Impala in the queue for a newer indie act

Tame Impala are still not big enough in the UK to do it, last year they had a uk exclusive (i think) ape day which didn't sell out (this part definitely correct)

Ooh, Sam Fender's a good shout. I'd totally be down for him headlining too.

I disagree about Tame Impala - his last two albums got to no. 3 in the charts here, and he should have another out between now and next June. It might be wishful thinking on my part, but it feels like his time.

I quite like them, but Tame Impala headlining Glastonbury?  They/he is nowhere near the stature required.  And TBF their style of music wouldn't convert any neutrals in the crowd, of which there is always many at the Pyramid.  Other Headline tops IMO.

35 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I quite like them, but Tame Impala headlining Glastonbury?  They/he is nowhere near the stature required.  And TBF their style of music wouldn't convert any neutrals in the crowd, of which there is always many at the Pyramid.  Other Headline tops IMO.

Yes, certainly more of a gatekeeper to the headliner slot imo.

Just now, foolee said:

Tame Impala are not headlining Glastonbury. Especially if Fred Again is nailed on, imagine the backlash. 

I'm thinking it'll be;

Fred Again - Eminem - Olivia Rodrigo

Swap Eminem for an older more iconic act like Stevie Wonder or Bruce Springsteen and it looks good.

Eminem is ruining it. It looks very Reading and Leeds with that trio and no older act anchoring it down.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Swap Eminem for an older more iconic act like Stevie Wonder or Bruce Springsteen and it looks good.

Eminem is ruining it. It looks very Reading and Leeds with that trio and no older act anchoring it down.

I know what you mean actually. I wonder whether this'll be a consideration of the festival. Wasn't there a rumour that Eminem had been asked though? 

Maybe it's going to be something like Fred Again - Eminem - Stevie Wonder and Olivia is going to play elsewhere (R&L?). Personally hoping for Olivia Rodrigo to be on the lineup. 

Stevie still feels like one of the more likely options.  

Not really seen much to sway me from it being a Fred / Eminem / Stevie line-up - with Eminem being the least locked in if the word is that he has the offer on his desk but there's no word on whether he'd actually said yes to it.

O-Rod fits for all sorts of reasons but at the moment it's still very circumstantial.