2025 Headliners

13 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Excuse my ignorance, but what is 'The Post'? 

If real, a fascinating incite in to the minds of the group of people who book the main 2 stages that consistently make a camel out of a horse, transcribed by someone with the literary skills of an 8 year old who doesn't know spell/ grammar check.

If fake, it makes 50% of what's been discussed on here redundant. 

"Sam Fender not on the booking teams radar" is particularly moronic. 

Edited by danbailey80
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

If real a fascinating incite in to the minds of a group of people that consistently make a camel our of a horse, transcribed by someone with the literary skills of an 8 year old who doesn't know spell/ grammar check.

Not a comment on the legitimacy of the post -  But shitting on things because of spellings is it self an act of naivety itself sorry 

were it an official document submission for a law firm in a major case I think you would have every right to criticise - but at the end of the day its a social media post

Speaking as someone with a learning difficulty who struggles immensely with some spelling and grammar issues (I mistyped grammar three times in doing this - Spellchecker was smart enough to highlight the mistake but not good enough to tell me how to type it - I had to ask a human!!!!). 2.6% of adults have something similar.

I wish people would stop being stupid (ironically used) enough to think everyone should spell everything correctly on social media and use this to judge legitimacy.  

Its common sense with the 2.6% of learning dificulty people in addition to English perhaps not being some peoples first language - posts are gonna have errors......  does not mean that person is Stupid

Glastonbury Festival is not put together by some Eaton College Grammar Nazi's it was started by a farmer.  Did you know the guy who curates West Holts started working as a festival as a car park attendent - (though i have no actual clue how good at spelling they are)

If you do not think thee is spelling mistakes on official Glastonbury documents - I think perhaps thats maybe a bit Naive. 

Sorry to reply like this but posts like this really trigger me 

Edited by Ben7amin_
  • Upvote 5

19 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

If real, a fascinating incite in to the minds of the group of people who book the main 2 stages that consistently make a camel out of a horse, transcribed by someone with the literary skills of an 8 year old who doesn't know spell/ grammar check.

What I find fascinating about 'The Post' is that even though it's easily one of the most noted and discussed posts on here in recent years, it's received only 1 'reaction' in the month since it was published. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

She got a large crowd on the Other stage and she's only grown in status since then. She'd have no problem packing the field.

It will be busy enough but as i said no busier than Dua Lipa.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

It'll be rammed I reckon. 

Yes he is, simply that Glastonbury have chosen Olivia and Fred this time round, the latter I imagine to still grab him on this phase like Coachella most likely. I don't think his star will continue and continue myself.

Why would it be any busier than Dua Lipa, a UK artist with way more hits / more well known here as she's been around longer / generally bigger.

Does depend on clashes I guess, Dua Lipa had a pretty easy ride given IDLES were the other headliner

Just as an incredibly specific example, a good friend of mine who basically hated dance music for its shallow repetition, investigated Fred after she saw I snuck into his booth at his secret Temple set a couple of years ago, and now really likes him. Apparently on account that it’s melodic and produces ‘moments’ rather than the “banality” of what she perceives as regular dance music (her words, not mine).

So I think Fred does have crossover appeal but I’m not convinced he’s well known enough in the mainstream to headline Glastonbury yet. 

If fred gets the spot, I can see him being one of those artists that headlines and that's pretty much his career peak. Stormzy is similar, could never see him headlining again now but he had a lot of momentum when he got the slot. Mindblowing to me that Fred is even in the conversation but here we are. 

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They'll bother get large-ish crowds. Nothing to rival Reg / Stones / Macca / Coldplay - but bigger than Kendrick / GnR / Arcade Fire, etc.

Dua and Billie are probably decent compararisons.

Both depend massively who they are up against... if you aren't into their type of music you'll be easily swayed by something you like elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Both depend massively who they are up against... if you aren't into their type of music you'll be easily swayed by something you like elsewhere. 

To an extent - but it's pretty rare for the Other Stage to have a massively busy headliner. Folk up to the railway tracks and so on.

Sounds like Idles maybe had that, but Dua was still playing to a full-ish field.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

To an extent - but it's pretty rare for the Other Stage to have a massively busy headliner. Folk up to the railway tracks and so on.

Sounds like Idles maybe had that, but Dua was still playing to a full-ish field.

Yeah, there lots of places to absorb people who don't feel the need to be at the P though. 

I meant, artists like Adele, Elton, Beyonce, Sheeran, Stones get massive crowds of people who aren't interested in them normally, but go just because. 

The artists I get asked if I saw when I return to the office, but usually didn't!

FA and OR aren't that. 

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They'll bother get large-ish crowds. Nothing to rival Reg / Stones / Macca / Coldplay - but bigger than Kendrick / GnR / Arcade Fire, etc.

Dua and Billie are probably decent compararisons.

IMG_3494.thumb.jpeg.52c98132d95b636dd8494240ab1af693.jpeg

I surveyed the field with about an about to go before Dua. I was on the right side of the stage and realised there was (for the first time?) an entry and exit point for the pit.

Basically, you couldn’t get in unless you approached it from the left hand side of the stage. So that meant walking all the way around, up the top, down to the left, and in. I did that with about twenty minutes to spare. 

I’m not suggesting she had a small crowd; more that if you have the right pit entry strategy, it’s not that hard to make it down the front, and it was an absolute party 😍

Edited by kalifire

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Interesting. Fred Again is one who I expect the bubble will burst for first, frankly, but we'll see.

I agree. Hence I think they've gone for who they have. They want to book for females higher up so Olivia makes a lot of sense. Sam's star will continue longer whereas Fred might not even be at his highest when Glastonbury comes lol.

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

It's not that Sam is not on their booking list, it's that they have chosen Olivia and Fred this time round so by default of that he's not an available option for them right now.

37 minutes ago, gfa said:

It will be busy enough but as i said no busier than Dua Lipa.

Why would it be any busier than Dua Lipa, a UK artist with way more hits / more well known here as she's been around longer / generally bigger.

Does depend on clashes I guess, Dua Lipa had a pretty easy ride given IDLES were the other headliner

I didn't say it would be busy than Dua Lipa but I don't know how big her crowd was further back. What I do know is that before Glastonbury, Olivia outsold her with her own tour with that much ease it's not even a comparison worth speaking about. And we both know if Olivia did a stadium tour instead she equally would sell it. Olivia is basically doing Glastonbury now and will still have tons of people that will go to a next stadium tour with it. Olivia at Glastonbury is a massive booking right now.

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Set will be ripe for a lot of guests on vocals.

35 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

You'd imagine - and possibly hope - so.

I thought the same for Reading and there were none. Honestly, its not for me at all, whole thing left me cold. I don't even like the music apart from that Loving Arms one, so I hope he does play and I get an evening away from the main stage without missing something I like!