2025 Headliners

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yeah - I regret not being in the Dua pit, but none of my team were up for it.

I just think in that scenario go for it yourself, I was the only one out of who I went to Glastonbury with and knew that attended that show. Fair to say I was surrounded by a lot of younger girls too. Bearing in mind I'm 37, 30 would still still be younger lol.

4 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

One is pop-punk who took off in 2020, the second is a Male Dance Act, the third is an R&B act who took off in the 2000s. Dont think they’re similar at all.

I don't think they are similar acts at all but I do think they appeal to the same/similar listeners.

I’m all for not having guitar bands every year but I think Rhianna is a pretty disappointing booking tbh if they go through with it. Eminem would be too. Maybe the selection pool for that ‘Big Name’ Sunday headliner just doesn’t work for me this year but there’s so much else on at the same time it don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things

14 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Stevie , Fred and Orod are my current guesses 

It's going to be stevie or Rihanna. I would guess coachella are cashing in on Fred now as well while he's at his height. 

Literally no reason to have Fred randomly appear this year without designs on him and I don't see a way as mentioned that he headlines coachella after reading and his team allow him not to at Glastonbury. It's not as if he played before LDR even.

I'd put money on both headlining....in fact I did previously.

13 minutes ago, northernangel said:

It's going to be stevie or Rihanna. I would guess coachella are cashing in on Fred now as well while he's at his height. 

Literally no reason to have Fred randomly appear this year without designs on him and I don't see a way as mentioned that he headlines coachella after reading and his team allow him not to at Glastonbury. It's not as if he played before LDR even.

I'd put money on both headlining....in fact I did previously.

Personally I’d prefer rhianna over Stevie who I saw last time … in terms of balance though I think Stevie Sunday would be better and one that Michael I think would like to have back . Think Fred personally did well on other stage … several mates raving about him that wouldn’t naturally fall into his area of appeal . Will be next year or never for him in my opinion 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Personally I’d prefer rhianna over Stevie who I saw last time … in terms of balance though I think Stevie Sunday would be better and one that Michael I think would like to have back . Think Fred personally did well on other stage … several mates raving about him that wouldn’t naturally fall into his area of appeal . Will be next year or never for him in my opinion 

Exactly why he's going to be next year. If Rihanna agrees it's going to be Rihanna I feel even if Stevie is well as they've not had her do it yet. If she agreed before she'd agreed again. Baby commitments will stop her but I see nothing else doing so.

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Exactly why he's going to be next year. If Rihanna agrees it's going to be Rihanna I feel even if Stevie is well as they've not had her do it yet. If she agreed before she'd agreed again. Baby commitments will stop her but I see nothing else doing so.

We went through this forensically a couple of days back and there's no reliable intel that she's ever been signed up to play.

4 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I just can't picture it as Rihanna, and I cannot picture it as Stevie.

...surely won't be the Rolling Stones again now, would it.

They're likely to be touring Europe next summer, which is probably more than can be said for Rihanna.

That said - nah.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

They're likely to be touring Europe next summer, which is probably more than can be said for Rihanna.

That said - nah.

Yeah, that was my assumption. European dates, but got the impression it was very much a one-and-done for them.

Whereas, despite what I imagine to be very big costs, I could see U2 wanting to have a crack at it again. (Certainly Bono, at least.)

3 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Who would get the hat treatment out of that trio?

I’ve got Fred as my lightweight hat electronic version already . Michael and Emily are getting the full pyramid stage version . Might not even see Fred depending on offering elsewhere but he’s a possible 

4556B5A7-4EE2-407D-A713-A41431AB077A.jpeg

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I’ve got Fred as my lightweight hat electronic version already . Michael and Emily are getting the full pyramid stage version . Might not even see Fred depending on offering elsewhere but he’s a possible 

firstly, love this… upvote run out. 
secondly, there’s no way you’re giving up Glasto next year 😉😂

27 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I take it you’ve traded in Madonna for Fred. 😉😊

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Surely not.

The Coachella fiasco probably has a few smart bookers steering clear of him.

Either that or the Glastonbury bookers don't want a repeat of Sunday 2024 when they booked a critically acclaimed US neo rnb star with huge streaming numbers but without proven UK festival success 

• Upvote 1