2025 Headliners

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Either that or the Glastonbury bookers don't want a repeat of Sunday 2024 when they booked a critically acclaimed US neo rnb star with huge streaming numbers but without proven UK festival success 

Also a credible reason, but think they'd still make the leap on it if they considered Ocean a "safe" performing pick.

Spoiler; he's not.

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Surely not.

The Coachella fiasco probably has a few smart bookers steering clear of him.

Even if the bookers were crazy enough to take that risk..

He'd not agree to it anyway, given his seeming dislike of playing live and the bruising he took at Coachella. I've very much got the impression that he's one of the "only for a massively inflated fee" artists.

1 minute ago, incident said:

Even if the bookers were crazy enough to take that risk..

He'd not agree to it anyway, given his seeming dislike of playing live and the bruising he took at Coachella. I've very much got the impression that he's one of the "only for a massively inflated fee" artists.

He has his price, and it's entirely within his right to stick to it.

Glastonbury likely wouldn't be able to afford it. No big loss.

If an artist really wants to do Glastonbury, they'll agree to it. You can only sell it to so many agnostics.

3 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

He has his price, and it's entirely within his right to stick to it.

Of course.

Where I have a problem with him is that when having agreed a reportedly high price, and tickets have been sold to people who want to see him, he often still doesn't think it's worth his while turning up and pulls out at the last minute.

Pulling out of Coachella weekend 2 wasn't an isolated thing - his cancellation record over multiple years is quite astonishing given that he doesn't schedule that many dates to start with.

For me that indicates that he's definitely not going to be interested in Glastonbury.

16 minutes ago, incident said:

Of course.

Where I have a problem with him is that when having agreed a reportedly high price, and tickets have been sold to people who want to see him, he often still doesn't think it's worth his while turning up and pulls out at the last minute.

Pulling out of Coachella weekend 2 wasn't an isolated thing - his cancellation record over multiple years is quite astonishing given that he doesn't schedule that many dates to start with.

For me that indicates that he's definitely not going to be interested in Glastonbury.

Yeah, it's far from good practice.

A month or so ago there was some debate about Blur as headliner (Pulp to sub, please). Any reason they’ve been ruled out? Imagine they’d be keen for that Coachella crowd not to be the last one they play to. Saw them in 2009 too, and know Damon was there last year with Bombay Bicycle ….  but missed if there was any info ruling them out for next year 

3 hours ago, Ben7amin_ said:

Not a comment on the legitimacy of the post -  But shitting on things because of spellings is it self an act of naivety itself sorry 

were it an official document submission for a law firm in a major case I think you would have every right to criticise - but at the end of the day its a social media post

Speaking as someone with a learning difficulty who struggles immensely with some spelling and grammar issues (I mistyped grammar three times in doing this - Spellchecker was smart enough to highlight the mistake but not good enough to tell me how to type it - I had to ask a human!!!!). 2.6% of adults have something similar.

I wish people would stop being stupid (ironically used) enough to think everyone should spell everything correctly on social media and use this to judge legitimacy.  

Its common sense with the 2.6% of learning dificulty people in addition to English perhaps not being some peoples first language - posts are gonna have errors......  does not mean that person is Stupid

Glastonbury Festival is not put together by some Eaton College Grammar Nazi's it was started by a farmer.  Did you know the guy who curates West Holts started working as a festival as a car park attendent - (though i have no actual clue how good at spelling they are)

If you do not think thee is spelling mistakes on official Glastonbury documents - I think perhaps thats maybe a bit Naive. 

Sorry to reply like this but posts like this really trigger me 

Fair enough. Didn't mean to upset. The joke context was on the random, likely fake, post and more the content within (I'm very dyslexic as it happens), but get why you're triggered. Apologies. 

Edited by danbailey80

3 hours ago, northernangel said:

I didn't say it would be busy than Dua Lipa but I don't know how big her crowd was further back. What I do know is that before Glastonbury, Olivia outsold her with her own tour with that much ease it's not even a comparison worth speaking about. And we both know if Olivia did a stadium tour instead she equally would sell it. Olivia is basically doing Glastonbury now and will still have tons of people that will go to a next stadium tour with it. Olivia at Glastonbury is a massive booking right now.

Ah sorry -it was implied based off what you had replied to

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

You know once I start with these things it will never end.

That Leicester player said he'd get fed up with the same gag every week.

N'didi?

Yeah, he did.

All very good, but I bet you can’t name an Arsenal player, Kanu?