2025 Headliners

31 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My assumption is that they did try to book her for this year and she turned it down - but will be back next year with a new show for festivals and will do a run of them like Primavera, BST or Roskilde.

But that's just an assumption?, I mean I'm shocked given her tour dates she wasn't there, but then I was shocked given Paramore Taylor support dates they didn't do Reading. Sometimes the most obvious options have other plans I guess. Nothing even suggests to me they will play it next year and that'll be 2 and a half years after the album release.

One thing I'll say is Olivia is the hardest ticket I've tried to get on twickets, I admit the odd time there has been one around for £115 but I'm bothered about 4 songs realistically and she's not someone I would say I often look on Spotify for. I'll be honest, the only reason I spent a lot of time trying to grab a ticket was the risk of not getting Gkas tickets

Edited by northernangel

1 minute ago, northernangel said:

But that's just an assumption?, I mean I'm shocked given her tour dates she wasn't there, but then I was shocked given Paramore Taylor support dates they didn't do Reading. Sometimes the most obvious options have other plans I guess. Nothing even suggests to me they will play it next year and that'll be 2 and a half years after the album release.

It's an assumption, but it makes a lot of sense 

12 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Sour came out May21

Guts came out Sep23

Cant see any reason why album 3 cant come out sometime around the summer of 2025 with a run of festival slots alongside it

There isn't a reason it can't but right now there is no substance to it. I think Reading is a strong option too, as is BST. For Reading I think both Dua Lipa and Reading will be in their sights. 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

O-Rod, Dave and The Boss 

Tbh yeah I mean I wouldn't go against it. I'm highly in the thought mode that Fender will be one. 

Bruce by his own admission is currently on his ‘I want a lot of money’ era of touring so not sure if Glastonbury and their tenner and a pint of cider payday would play in to that, but here’s hoping he can slot it in amongst other higher paying festival dates. 

ORod as good as nailed on.

O- rod seems like it's got legs. 

I think that there will be a big ol' rock band next year. I'm expecting someone like red hot chili peppers, green day, muse. Probably the easiest of these would be Muse. 

Beyond that there are plenty of options. 

Would be interested in seeing what Dave releases over the next 12 months but he must be in the frame. 

Probably say the same about Fred again and Sam Fender although seems unlikely they would headline glasto after Reading this year.

Not sure if the rehabilitation of kings of leon has actually happened but potentially they could be in the mix.

13 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Bruce by his own admission is currently on his ‘I want a lot of money’ era of touring so not sure if Glastonbury and their tenner and a pint of cider payday would play in to that, but here’s hoping he can slot it in amongst other higher paying festival dates. 

ORod as good as nailed on.

There is this actually and he's youred enough since his appearance as well that if they offered and he fancied it he could have been either of 23 or 24. Of they approached Stevie Wonder one point then Bruno could have been. 

With that said, im still at O-Rod, Rihanna, Fender and Dave. I think itsyhe natural step for both those last two who have done Reading and a BST date wouldnt rule them out.

12 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

O- rod seems like it's got legs. 

I think that there will be a big ol' rock band next year. I'm expecting someone like red hot chili peppers, green day, muse. Probably the easiest of these would be Muse. 

Beyond that there are plenty of options. 

Would be interested in seeing what Dave releases over the next 12 months but he must be in the frame. 

Probably say the same about Fred again and Sam Fender although seems unlikely they would headline glasto after Reading this year.

Not sure if the rehabilitation of kings of leon has actually happened but potentially they could be in the mix.

It would be awful if Muse were booked again, at least Coldplay are maining their status wherever as Muse are very much in arena band territory again now.

21 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

He is, but by next year he'll have down European stadium tours for three consecutive summers. Given prices I think he's probably shaken down the market as much as he can for the time being.

But the Prague date coming indicates something happening and rescheduled dates, maybe a few more shows in countries he's not been to in a while - plus a number of festivals wouldn't be too outlandish.

47 minutes ago, northernangel said:

It would be awful if Muse were booked again, at least Coldplay are maining their status wherever as Muse are very much in arena band territory again now.

I mean, Muse still had 50k+ at MK Bowl last summer and getting out the venue after was a nightmare so could've fooled me into think they're no longer at the stadium level.

Though I think they're likelier to turn up at BST Hyde Park than Glastonbury next year.

Edited by charlierc

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Given a large amount of tickets are still available to all their June/July shows, I think that rehab is still a work in progress.

4 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I mean, Muse still had 50k+ at MK Bowl last summer and getting out the venue after was a nightmare so could've fooled me into think they're no longer at the stadium level.

Though I think they're likelier to turn up at BST Hyde Park than Glastonbury next year.

C&S are headlining MK Bowl as well, they aren't about to be booked to headline Glastonbury though.

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Given a large amount of tickets are still available to all their June/July shows, I think that rehab is still a work in progress.

They are charging way too much.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

One thing I'll say is Olivia is the hardest ticket I've tried to get on twickets, I admit the odd time there has been one around for £115 but I'm bothered about 4 songs realistically and she's not someone I would say I often look on Spotify for. I'll be honest, the only reason I spent a lot of time trying to grab a ticket was the risk of not getting Gkas tickets

Olivia Rodrigo was absolutely unreal at the o2 and would be a great headliner for next year.  I personally think she’ll do Glastonbury, a couple of BST dates, some overseas fests and her rearranged stuff in Manchester next year

3 minutes ago, northernangel said:

C&S are headlining MK Bowl as well, they aren't about to be booked to headline Glastonbury though.

They are charging way too much.

I'm not pretending that Muse are still the same level that they were in 2010 or even 2016, but they did stadium shows on their last two tours and sold healthy numbers so I think they're just about holding on. Whether that continues for the next LP is another matter. But even then, I don't expect them to do Glastonbury next year.

As for KOL, name an act who isn't charging an excessive fee this summer. Killers are more expensive per ticket and still aren't sold out at a lot of their shows. Hell, The National at Crystal Palace is £70 when fees are applied, which feels steep.

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

Same here tbf. But it could well be that they decided that 50 shows between May and August was enough.

Would've been more enticed to go to Reading if they were there given I got really into Paramore last year but just missed the boat for their shows with Bloc Party last April.

15 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Yeah, it sort of feels like that (thank goodness).

Personally I think it would be a extremely weak choice for a number of reasons. 

21 minutes ago, sisco said:

Olivia Rodrigo was absolutely unreal at the o2 and would be a great headliner for next year.  I personally think she’ll do Glastonbury, a couple of BST dates, some overseas fests and her rearranged stuff in Manchester next year

I have to say I've listened to a few clips of her on this tour and the voice didn't sound great. Obviously I know being there is different but you can generally tell to a point. I'm not devastated I didn't get a ticket as for me the cost was too high and it was only ever going to be an offer accepted on twickets but they were selling so quick that nobody really had to accept an offer.

21 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I'm not pretending that Muse are still the same level that they were in 2010 or even 2016, but they did stadium shows on their last two tours and sold healthy numbers so I think they're just about holding on. Whether that continues for the next LP is another matter. But even then, I don't expect them to do Glastonbury next year.

As for KOL, name an act who isn't charging an excessive fee this summer. Killers are more expensive per ticket and still aren't sold out at a lot of their shows. Hell, The National at Crystal Palace is £70 when fees are applied, which feels steep.

£70 for The National just sounds barmy! And no you are right it's madness.

19 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Same here tbf. But it could well be that they decided that 50 shows between May and August was enough.

Would've been more enticed to go to Reading if they were there given I got really into Paramore last year but just missed the boat for their shows with Bloc Party last April.

Me too although my favourite Paramore days are well past date.